Windows 10: my computer password is incorrect, even though it's right.

Discus and support my computer password is incorrect, even though it's right. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Once again, the password is NOT the issue.I've tried all forum solutions like:-Checking keyboard/using on-screen keyboard-Resetting password using... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SPIDEY-2099, Aug 3, 2021.

1. my computer password is incorrect, even though it's right.

Once again, the password is NOT the issue.I've tried all forum solutions like:-Checking keyboard/using on-screen keyboard-Resetting password using install disk-Microsoft account -Rebooting multiple times& the other Troubleshoot solutions did not work for me since it still asked me for my password when doing them:-Restart the computer in Safe Mode, etcDoes anyone have a solution to this?

:)

SPIDEY-2099, Aug 3, 2021
  2. jeffMNMN Win User

The Password is Incorrect

I have tried login in to my computer on Windows 10 but it shows password is incorrect. I have followed the steps indicated but it is still showing that the password is incorrect. Please advise.

jeffMNMN, Aug 3, 2021
  3. Windows 10: Issues with logging into the computer and getting incorrect password message.

Hi George,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is Internet connectivity issue.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "my password in it says it's incorrect", are you trying to login as Microsoft Account or Local Account on the computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check whether caps lock or Num lock in enabled or not while entering the password.

Also I recommend you to enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard. Check if it helps.

1. At the login page.

2. Click on Ease of Access icon which is present at the bottom right corner of the Screen.

3. Then click on On-Screen Keyboard option from the list.

4. Enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard and try to sign in.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with logging into Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 3, 2021
  4. OrbitzXT Win User

my computer password is incorrect, even though it's right.

Incorrect Password With Networked Computers

At work we have a PC that hosts all of the files everyone uses in the office. It used to have XP on it, as most of the PCs in the office do, but I put Windows 7 on it this time. Now I'm having a slight issue where everytime the XP computers log on, the first time they try and access the network drive they all get a window that says "Connect to \\Server\Data Files", then the actual message says "Incorrect password or unknown username for: \\Server\Data Files.

There is a place to type a username, which has NX02\Server at the moment, and if I type the correct password, it works and they can connect until they restart again. NX02 is the PC I'm on trying to connect to the Server.

I have a Windows 7 PC in the office I use and it doesn't have this problem. How can I resolve this? My coworkers think it's annoying.

OrbitzXT, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

my computer password is incorrect, even though it's right.

1. my computer password is incorrect, even though it's right. - Similar Threads - computer password incorrect

2. Windows 10 says “incorrect password” when logging in or unlocking computer even though my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 says “incorrect password” when logging in or unlocking computer even though my...: Like the title says, I am having this issue with my work computer. I have contacted IT and they reset my password. I can now log in. Next, when I lock my computer because I am away from my desk, I cannot get back in because it says incorrect password. Has been happening for a...
  3. Windows 10 says “incorrect password” when logging in or unlocking computer even though my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 says “incorrect password” when logging in or unlocking computer even though my...: Like the title says, I am having this issue with my work computer. I have contacted IT and they reset my password. I can now log in. Next, when I lock my computer because I am away from my desk, I cannot get back in because it says incorrect password. Has been happening for a...
  4. Incorrect password even though it's right, cannot reset password

Incorrect password even though it's right, cannot reset password: Hello, I cannot login to my computer even though the password I type is correct. I have tried resetting the password via entering my security questions and although it brings me to change the password. It still tells my I have incorrect password when I try to set the new...
  5. Incorrect password even though it's right, cannot reset password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect password even though it's right, cannot reset password: Hello, I cannot login to my computer even though the password I type is correct. I have tried resetting the password via entering my security questions and although it brings me to change the password. It still tells my I have incorrect password when I try to set the new...
  6. Incorrect password even though it's right, cannot reset password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct: Hi, So this morning I woke up and opened my computer, then I opened settings and replaced my old microsoft account with my new one. After that I shut downed my pc and went to shower. After I finished showering, I turn my pc back on, then it says I need to download something...
  8. Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct

Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct: Hi, So this morning I woke up and opened my computer, then I opened settings and replaced my old microsoft account with my new one. After that I shut downed my pc and went to shower. After I finished showering, I turn my pc back on, then it says I need to download something...
  9. Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Windows 10 says my password is incorrect even though my password is correct.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 says my password is incorrect even though my password is correct.: Every time I try to log into this specific device it says my password for my Microsoft account is incorrect, even though it is the correct password as it's the same account and password I use on other devices which work just fine. I've tried using the onscreen keyboard to...