Windows 10: My computer ran into BSOD

Discus and support My computer ran into BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer started crashing occasionally. Sometimes it freezes. I tried to roll back to the restore point and everything seemed to be sorted out.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ElisaMcCoy, Jun 23, 2020.

1. My computer ran into BSOD

My computer started crashing occasionally. Sometimes it freezes. I tried to roll back to the restore point and everything seemed to be sorted out. However the next day the issue re-occurred and the PC got frozen so I had to do a hard reset. I got a message that it is a critical process. I am not able to start it in the safe mode.

:)

ElisaMcCoy, Jun 23, 2020
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Thrackan Win User
    PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Donna Men Win User

My computer ran into BSOD

BSOD issue after fixing another BSOD error

Hi Williams,

There are several reasons why BSOD occur, which has different resolution. To check for any corruption or the integrity of your computer's Windows, we suggest that you perform a
    Check Disk by following these steps:

• Type cmd in the search bar.
    • Right-click on the Command Prompt, then Run as administrator.
    • Type chkdsk x: /r, the /r command will fix errors found on the disk.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Donna Men, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

My computer ran into BSOD

1. My computer ran into BSOD - Similar Threads - computer ran BSOD

2. Your device ran into a problem BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your device ran into a problem BSOD: My LG laptop produced this blue screen three times in the last 24 hours. Each time it restarted within a few seconds. I looked at prior reports. My computer does not seem to have a Minidump file or folder....
  3. What kind of news my computer ran into ??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What kind of news my computer ran into ??: [IMG] https://preview.redd.it/lqtn0nn5vfv91.png?width=1098&format=png&auto=webp&s=a96c9cbc672917389ed433b6fc4883dedf841a76 submitted by /u/Tarkorr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/yb1gt6/what_kind_of_news_my_computer_ran_into/
  4. BSoD your device ran into a problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD your device ran into a problem: Hello,I'm encountering a chronic problem began to appear long time ago and still appears.Suddenly, I get blue screen of death saying your device ran into a problem and need to restart.Stop code is either DPC Watchdog Violation and VIDEO SCHEDULAR INTERNAL ERROR, both appear...
  5. BSoD your device ran into a problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD your device ran into a problem: Hello,I'm encountering a chronic problem began to appear long time ago and still appears.Suddenly, I get blue screen of death saying your device ran into a problem and need to restart.Stop code is either DPC Watchdog Violation and VIDEO SCHEDULAR INTERNAL ERROR, both appear...
  6. BSOD - Various errors & ran memtest86

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - Various errors & ran memtest86: Hey guys,I’m having a big problem with my less than 1 month old gaming pc. I’ve just recently started getting blue screens constantly after a recent Corsair iCUE update and brand new secondary drive install. I could boot into windows yesterday, but now I can’t even boot into...
  7. BSOD - Various errors & ran memtest86

BSOD - Various errors & ran memtest86: Hey guys,I’m having a big problem with my less than 1 month old gaming pc. I’ve just recently started getting blue screens constantly after a recent Corsair iCUE update and brand new secondary drive install. I could boot into windows yesterday, but now I can’t even boot into...
  8. Ran into another BSOD

Ran into another BSOD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yBXrBi0c4f063g5X5LnxMzmERj7IAAap/view?usp=sharing Please help. Struggling to understand how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ran-into-another-bsod/56c6a0fb-c54c-4cba-b441-b91b27df5841
  9. Ran into BSOD with driver verification

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ran into BSOD with driver verification: I ran the driver verification and instantly got a blue screen error for mvxxmm.sys when trying to start, I normally run with an i7 950 @4ghz with liquid cooling, and then ran into another error named wdfilter.sys, which is when I turned off overclocking and ran the...
  10. Help! ran into BSOD

Help! ran into BSOD: I was running norton, the program froze. I accidently hit the power button. And now i have bsod issue. I tried going into safe mode, same blue screen. In recovery screen, error code 0xc000000f. . i go to startup settings, and its in continous loop. I dont know where to go...