Windows 10: My Computer randomly shuts off

Discus and support My Computer randomly shuts off in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Everyday about 1 to 5 minutes after I starting my computer , My computer shuts off, Then afterwards when i try to start my computer again, nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Seann Zhao, Dec 18, 2018.

1. My Computer randomly shuts off

Everyday about 1 to 5 minutes after I starting my computer , My computer shuts off, Then afterwards when i try to start my computer again, nothing appears on my monitor even though The computer is clearly on, after a few minutes of being on but with a black screen my computer then closes again and i would have reboot it. it would be fine afterwards with only some minor glitches to the sign in screen. Even though this doesn't seem like a very big problem its super annoying as it would instead take about 15 minutes or more just to be able to use my computer.

:)

Seann Zhao, Dec 18, 2018

2. Laptop randomly shuts down after latest Windows 10 update

Since the latest update of Windows 10 my computer decides to randomly shut down after every couple of minutes. First the screen goes black, then the sounds stops and after quite a while the power also goes down.

Obviously I though of cleaning the fan with a big vacuum, as suggested on My Windows 10 Computer Randomly Shuts Down . However, after doing this, the shutting down goes even quicker. I cannot even properly log-on before the shutdown takes place.

What should be my next step?

Ps. The computer is quited aged (roughly 3 - 4 years). The battery is dead enough such that I always need to have it plugged in an outlet. It might just be "done for" but I'm hoping to revive it for just a little bit more.

Robin Kramer, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    My Computer Keeps Shutting Down By Itself But Not Infected Or Hacked.

Hi Ethan,

There several reasons why your computer is shutting down automatically. For us to provide you the proper troubleshooting steps, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • Are you encountering an error message when your computer automatically shuts down? If so, what is the error message that you're getting?
    • Does the issue occur when you're performing a specific task on your computer or does it occur randomly?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?

Argel Obm, Dec 18, 2018
  4. ilgoldman Win User

My Computer randomly shuts off

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused My Computer randomly shuts off :confused:*Mad My Computer randomly shuts off :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

My Computer randomly shuts off

1. My Computer randomly shuts off - Similar Threads - Computer randomly shuts

2. Random Shutting Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Shutting Off: last few months iv been getting random shut downs i could be building websites or gaming then poof at random i get black screen with shutting off displayed then pc turns off no crit errors event viewer only ones i will post below Volume Shadow Copy Service information: The...
  3. Random Shutting Off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Shutting Off: last few months iv been getting random shut downs i could be building websites or gaming then poof at random i get black screen with shutting off displayed then pc turns off no crit errors event viewer only ones i will post below Volume Shadow Copy Service information: The...
  4. My computer randomly shuts off the monitors after a random amount of time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer randomly shuts off the monitors after a random amount of time: After using the computer for a few minutes it turns off the monitors and becomes unresponsive, yet the computer itself stays on. Not too sure what to do. I've never had the problem before I moved a few states away...
  5. Computer randomly shuts off.

Computer randomly shuts off.: Hi everyone. My pc randomly shuts off. To get some stuff out of the way: It's not an overheating issue. Thermal paste + 6 Arctis coolers There's no dust in the pc Windows and gpu drivers are up to date Nothing is overclocked There are no viruses in the pc, windows defender...
  6. Computer shuts off randomly during sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer shuts off randomly during sleep: This has been going on for some time and I can't figure out what is going on. I thought it had something to do the Intel Driver Support software, but I've uninstalled that and it's still happening. It happened again today, checked event viewer, and it says "The computer...
  7. Computer randomly shuts off when not in use

Computer randomly shuts off when not in use: I have been noticing that sometimes when I leave my Laptop running with the lid shut, I will come back to it hours later to find it has shut off. other times the fan will be running for some time after closing the lid. One time, I shut the lid one afternoon, and when I...
  8. My PC shuts off randomly

My PC shuts off randomly: Hello, Since last month, my PC would only display a black screen after being inactive for some time, and not wake up. I did not pay much heed to this problem as I seldom leave it on sleep mode or inactive. On the few occasions that I did so I had to directly unplug it and...
  9. Shutting off randomly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutting off randomly: The problem is when I'm playing games my computer randomly says "Logging off" then proceeds to log me off. I've had this problem for a month and it's making my computer unusable. I've searched and searched for solutions but it seems no one else has had this problem....
  10. Computer won't turn on/shutting off randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer won't turn on/shutting off randomly: So ever since I updated operating system to Windows 10, my HP Pavilion computer has been shutting down with no warning. And now my computer won't even turn on. My desktop does not overheat, the CPU and the Memory does not go over 50%, have not installed any new programs...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc randomly shutting off cpu debug led