Windows 10: My computer randomly turns itself off

Discus and support My computer randomly turns itself off in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 7 and prior to this i have been getting BSOD and it turned out to be a faulty ram which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kimboy11, Nov 30, 2015.

1. kimboy11 Win User

My computer randomly turns itself off

Hi,

I have recently upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 7 and prior to this i have been getting BSOD and it turned out to be a faulty ram which i replaced. Now my pc runs with two different brand rams bu have same spec, ddr2 2GB 800.

anyway I have my pc connected to the 60 inch tv in our lounge and I have been getting this problem for a week now. My tv would suddenly lose signal and after 5 seconds the computer turns off. It's not a BSOD or instant shut down. This happens once or twice a day. When i turn the pc back on the lights on the pc turn on but then about 5 to 10 seconds after it shuts down again (still no signal on tv). After i turn it on a second time it turns on fine with signal coming back on instantly. This happens everytime (i have to turn the power on twice to have it actually come on and let the first time turn itself off).

I have checked the temp and its perfectly normal. I dont play games on it, just watch youtube or movies etc.

Could it be the new RAM? I haven't tried taking it out but my pc was fine up until last week (its been atleast 3 weeks since i've upgraded).

edit: only setting i remember changing is the display setting. "change the size of text, app, and other items: 150%(recommended)" this to 100%. the settings to this changes randomly after the restart or on normal boot. sometimes when i boot its on 150% even after changing it to 100% the day before. and after several hours pc would turn off and when i turn on again its on 100%.

:)

kimboy11, Nov 30, 2015

2. Computer turns itself on

Hi, I have a windows 10 computer that will never stay off. When I shut my computer off for the night and return home from work my computer will always be on. When I put it in sleep it will randomly turn itself back on?? Any suggestions??

DustinDavis_825, Nov 30, 2015
  3. 950XL turns itself off randomly.

I have this very same problem with my 950. I have tried soft reset, hard reset, windows recovery tool and battery replacement. The later has made a difference but it happened a couple of times a week for the last month and today it happened 3 times this
    morning.

Has this trick worked for anyone else?

RobertLBradley, Nov 30, 2015
Thema:

My computer randomly turns itself off

1. My computer randomly turns itself off - Similar Threads - computer randomly turns

2. Computer randomly locks itself

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer randomly locks itself: Why is this happening and how do I stop it? Pc randomly comes up with this after a short period of time [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-randomly-locks-itself/9bc5c3d1-3d56-4b26-b805-82144c850cda
  3. Computer keeps turning itself on and off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer keeps turning itself on and off: I am very frustrated with Microsoft and the Edge from 10. my COMPUTER KEEPS TURNING ITSELF ON AND OFF FOR NO REASON AND IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND IT DOES NOT HELP THE PROBLEM. * Moved from MSN?Accounts...
  4. My Computer randomly shuts off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Computer randomly shuts off: Everyday about 1 to 5 minutes after I starting my computer , My computer shuts off, Then afterwards when i try to start my computer again, nothing appears on my monitor even though The computer is clearly on, after a few minutes of being on but with a black screen my computer...
  5. computer turns itself on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer turns itself on: finding computer on when no one has touched it for weeks - happening a couple days in a row -no cortana, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turns-itself-on/7cae53a3-a974-48f6-a83b-127fc53f7475"
  6. UAC is consistently turning itself off.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC is consistently turning itself off.: After researching the forums this morning I have decided to post my issue; I am consistently resetting the UAC (image below) and rebooting to allow Edge and Calculator to function as normal. [img] What must be done to keep this setting in its place permanently?...
  7. Computer bsod, freezes, and turns off randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer bsod, freezes, and turns off randomly: Hi, For the past few weeks my desktop has been blue screening, turning off randomly, and freezing. I am currently typing this thread on my phone because my PC would freeze within 5 minutes of turning it on. That means that I am unable to attach my dump files unto here....
  8. Computer turns on by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer turns on by itself: [img] It turned on from a complete shut down. 31100
  9. Computer won't turn on/shutting off randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer won't turn on/shutting off randomly: So ever since I updated operating system to Windows 10, my HP Pavilion computer has been shutting down with no warning. And now my computer won't even turn on. My desktop does not overheat, the CPU and the Memory does not go over 50%, have not installed any new programs...
  10. Laptop Turning itself "off"

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Turning itself "off": I am running Win 10 on a laptop. I have changed all the power settings to "NEVER" for everything. The laptop is on AC (not battery). No power outages. But when I come back after being away from the laptop for an hour or so. It is in sleep mode (I think) - I have to turn...