Windows 10: My computer randomly turns itself off

Discus and support My computer randomly turns itself off in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 7 and prior to this i have been getting BSOD and it turned out to be a faulty ram which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kimboy11, Nov 30, 2015.

1. kimboy11 Win User

My computer randomly turns itself off

Hi,

I have recently upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 7 and prior to this i have been getting BSOD and it turned out to be a faulty ram which i replaced. Now my pc runs with two different brand rams bu have same spec, ddr2 2GB 800.

anyway I have my pc connected to the 60 inch tv in our lounge and I have been getting this problem for a week now. My tv would suddenly lose signal and after 5 seconds the computer turns off. It's not a BSOD or instant shut down. This happens once or twice a day. When i turn the pc back on the lights on the pc turn on but then about 5 to 10 seconds after it shuts down again (still no signal on tv). After i turn it on a second time it turns on fine with signal coming back on instantly. This happens everytime (i have to turn the power on twice to have it actually come on and let the first time turn itself off).

I have checked the temp and its perfectly normal. I dont play games on it, just watch youtube or movies etc.

Could it be the new RAM? I haven't tried taking it out but my pc was fine up until last week (its been atleast 3 weeks since i've upgraded).

edit: only setting i remember changing is the display setting. "change the size of text, app, and other items: 150%(recommended)" this to 100%. the settings to this changes randomly after the restart or on normal boot. sometimes when i boot its on 150% even after changing it to 100% the day before. and after several hours pc would turn off and when i turn on again its on 100%.

:)

kimboy11, Nov 30, 2015

2. Computer turns itself on

Hi, I have a windows 10 computer that will never stay off. When I shut my computer off for the night and return home from work my computer will always be on. When I put it in sleep it will randomly turn itself back on?? Any suggestions??

DustinDavis_825, Nov 30, 2015
  3. 950XL turns itself off randomly.

I have this very same problem with my 950. I have tried soft reset, hard reset, windows recovery tool and battery replacement. The later has made a difference but it happened a couple of times a week for the last month and today it happened 3 times this
    morning.

Has this trick worked for anyone else?

RobertLBradley, Nov 30, 2015
Thema:

My computer randomly turns itself off

1. My computer randomly turns itself off - Similar Threads - computer randomly turns

2. My computer turns off by itself why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer turns off by itself why?: When ever I try to install windows 10 it tells me to not turn off the computer but for some reason my computer automatically turns off by itself and I don’t know what to do I’ve installed windows 10 many times because of this and it keeps on happening what can I do...
  3. My computer turns off by itself why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer turns off by itself why?: When ever I try to install windows 10 it tells me to not turn off the computer but for some reason my computer automatically turns off by itself and I don’t know what to do I’ve installed windows 10 many times because of this and it keeps on happening what can I do...
  4. My computer turns off by itself why?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Computer randomly turns off

Computer randomly turns off: For a while now, I have began to notice my computer randomly shutting off without any user input to do so. this can happen when I'm either running an RDP or playing games. I've searched online and I have tried methods such as Check Disk, Memory Diagnostic and System File...
  6. My Computer keeps randomly turning itself off and restarting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer keeps randomly turning itself off and restarting.: Hello,I came here a while ago to try fix my issue, however the problem still persists. Here's my previous thread if anyone is interested;Hoping to get help,Thanks,Shay...
  7. My Computer keeps randomly turning itself off and restarting.

My Computer keeps randomly turning itself off and restarting.: Hello,I came here a while ago to try fix my issue, however the problem still persists. Here's my previous thread if anyone is interested;Hoping to get help,Thanks,Shay...
  8. My Computer keeps randomly turning itself off and restarting.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Num Lock randomly turns itself off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Num Lock randomly turns itself off: This happens multiple times a day where I will go to use the Num Pad and find that Num Lock has turned itself off. I have to turn it back on almost every time, even though I never turn it off. Why does this happen?...
  10. Computer keeps turning itself on and off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer keeps turning itself on and off: I am very frustrated with Microsoft and the Edge from 10. my COMPUTER KEEPS TURNING ITSELF ON AND OFF FOR NO REASON AND IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND IT DOES NOT HELP THE PROBLEM. * Moved from MSN?Accounts...