Windows 10: My computer randomly updated despite there are no updates needed to be done

Discus and support My computer randomly updated despite there are no updates needed to be done in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Everything looks good and no updates need to be done then suddenly my computer keep restarting and updated. I'm scared that it might have some problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SusuzmiyaFam, Oct 1, 2022.

1. My computer randomly updated despite there are no updates needed to be done

Everything looks good and no updates need to be done then suddenly my computer keep restarting and updated. I'm scared that it might have some problem.

:)

SusuzmiyaFam, Oct 1, 2022
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Oct 1, 2022
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Oct 1, 2022
  4. malware Win User

My computer randomly updated despite there are no updates needed to be done

Alienware Area 51 m15x BIOS Update Released

If you were among the group of people experiencing overheating issues with your Alienware Area 51 m15x laptop, then there are some good news for you. A new BIOS update, version X29b P3A30 is now available. The update allegedly allows VGA fans to increase up to 5400 rpm and thus better cool the GPU. To obtain the new BIOS, you'll need to email the m15x support line (L: Area51_m15x@alienware.com). In reply you should receive a link to the BIOS .zip archive. Once you download the small file, Alienware recommends to follow the steps described in the Read full story marker.

Open Nero Ultra Edition, click Backup, and then click “Burn Image to Disc.” Next, select the file “m15x_x29b.iso from the unzipped folder.

• Plug your AC adapter in
    • Disconnect all third-party peripherals
    • Don’t turn off the computer or restart it during the update
    • Don’t eject your DVD/Blu-ray drive during the update.
    Steps:
    • Open BIOS by tapping F12 during boot
    • Set BIOS to boot from your CD-ROM drive first
    • Save and exit
    • Upon reboot, the BIOS flash update will proceed
    • Click “Yes” through the prompts
    • Restart
    Source: LAPTOP Magazine

malware, Oct 1, 2022
Thema:

My computer randomly updated despite there are no updates needed to be done

1. My computer randomly updated despite there are no updates needed to be done - Similar Threads - computer randomly updated

2. My computer randomly updated despite there are no updates needed to be done

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer randomly updated despite there are no updates needed to be done: Everything looks good and no updates need to be done then suddenly my computer keep restarting and updated. I'm scared that it might have some problem....
  3. My computer randomly updated despite there are no updates needed to be done

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer randomly updated despite there are no updates needed to be done: Everything looks good and no updates need to be done then suddenly my computer keep restarting and updated. I'm scared that it might have some problem....
  4. computer randomly updates

computer randomly updates: My computer randomly updates even there are no updates avaialble. It might have a virus or is there any issue occuring like this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-randomly-updates/6f2e1d86-fd56-4f69-bd9e-c27295ff2bc6
  5. computer randomly updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer randomly updates: My computer randomly updates even there are no updates avaialble. It might have a virus or is there any issue occuring like this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-randomly-updates/6f2e1d86-fd56-4f69-bd9e-c27295ff2bc6
  6. computer randomly updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My computer randomly updated despite there being no updates needed to be done.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My computer randomly updated despite there being no updates needed to be done.: Hi all, my computer randomly updated without any updates needed to be done.I typed in "r/" in the browser and when I went to sign out, my computer restarted and updated. I'm kind of scared because I think my computer might've just gotten a virus :...
  8. Is there a way to see all updates done to my computer

Is there a way to see all updates done to my computer: I am trying to figure out what has changed in my system in the last two months and notice that the update history does not show nVIDIA drivers that I installed from an nVIDIA download. I suspect that the Update History only shows updates managed by Windows Update. If so is...
  9. Done downloading updates

Done downloading updates: Every time I update Windows 10, I wind up spending a day trying to figure out how to get my system working properly again. Last time, my printer disappeared. This time my display faded like I was on a 1960's color tv watching Bonanza. I'm done downloading any updates. I'd...
  10. RANT: Done with Updates!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RANT: Done with Updates!!!: I'm so infuriated! Yesterday, Microsoft made me force me update my PC to a security update that can't be uninstalled on July the 26th!!!! WHY CAN'T MICROSOFT JUST EVER MAKE A VERSION OF WINDOWS 10 WHERE YOU CAN ACTUALLY TURN OFF UPDATES LIKE IN WINDOWS 7 AND XP!!!?!?!?!...