Windows 10: My computer re-opens when i close it why?

Discus and support My computer re-opens when i close it why? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For the past few weeks almost everytime i close my computer it magically opens again for no reason and this only happens when i close it from my pc and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BurakAçıkgöz1, Jul 9, 2018.

1. My computer re-opens when i close it why?

For the past few weeks almost everytime i close my computer it magically opens again for no reason and this only happens when i close it from my pc and not the power button and when i have a program running but everytime i close it,it takes 1-2 minutes closes my monitor automatically opens and my pc boots instantly i guess that shouldn't happen when i am about to sleep...which is the only time i close my computer

:)

BurakAçıkgöz1, Jul 9, 2018

2. Win 10 - computer won't lock or sleep when lid is closed

Hi Shari,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Select on Control Panel.

• Click on Power Options. On the left, click on "Choose what closing the lid does". Click on the drop down menu for "When I close the lid" and choose "Sleep" or "Hibernate.

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to
    reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Settings closes just after opening.

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC, to open the Task manager.
    • Click File > Run New Task.
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges” Type
      Powershell.
    • Type the following in the Powershell prompt:
    $manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml'; Add- AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest

5. Close the Powershell window

6. Reboot/Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

My computer re-opens when i close it why?

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

My computer re-opens when i close it why?

1. My computer re-opens when i close it why? - Similar Threads - computer opens close

2. Why does my Google Chrome always close when I open it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Google Chrome always close when I open it?: I logged into my microsoft account recently on my PC and when that happened all of a sudden I can no longer open chrome. Every time I attempt to open it, it opens for less than a second and then closes. I saw another person making a question about this and the response was...
  3. Why does my Google Chrome always close when I open it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my Google Chrome always close when I open it?: I logged into my microsoft account recently on my PC and when that happened all of a sudden I can no longer open chrome. Every time I attempt to open it, it opens for less than a second and then closes. I saw another person making a question about this and the response was...
  4. Why does my Google Chrome always close when I open it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why won't my computer open any programs after i close a game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my computer open any programs after i close a game?: I have recently been having problems with my pc not opening anything and freezing after I close any Games. I am not sure what is causing it but i recently had an AIO fail on me and my PC was at 105 Celsius for an unknown amount of time but so far it starts up and runs fine...
  6. Why won't my computer open any programs after i close a game?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't my computer open any programs after i close a game?: I have recently been having problems with my pc not opening anything and freezing after I close any Games. I am not sure what is causing it but i recently had an AIO fail on me and my PC was at 105 Celsius for an unknown amount of time but so far it starts up and runs fine...
  7. Why won't my computer open any programs after i close a game?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. When i open my settings it flickes then closes

in Windows 10 Customization
    When i open my settings it flickes then closes: So yesterday i restarted my computer, then I picked wrong language. I was going to open my settings it flicked and it closes or crashes. I have been searching how to fix it and i have tried almost every video. And nothing works i have downloaded a Microsoft troubleshooter and...
  9. When I open windows update, it close automatically. Why this happened??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When I open windows update, it close automatically. Why this happened??: When I click Windows Update the setting will close automatically[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-windows-update-it-close-automatically/92586fdc-eb21-4d2f-97b1-f23b1798a5b1
  10. my computer crashes when i open or close some games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer crashes when i open or close some games.: my computer specs are I7 4790k, gtx 1060 from msi, 16gb of DDR3 hyper x savage ram from kingston, NZXT kraken 62 cooler for my CPU, a seagate barracuda 1tb hdd, a axiom 750gb hdd, gigabyte gab85m mobo, EVGA supernova g3 1000w PSU. when i try to run some games like CoD BO2, AC...