Windows 10: My computer refuses to recycle 577K files 60GB

Discus and support My computer refuses to recycle 577K files 60GB in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm asking this question as I want to clear out my Recycle Bin. Whenever I empty all of the files/big portions of them 1200-57000 files, Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Flynn Farrow, Jan 21, 2021.

1. My computer refuses to recycle 577K files 60GB

Hi, I'm asking this question as I want to clear out my Recycle Bin. Whenever I empty all of the files/big portions of them 1200-57000 files, Windows will either go not responding or I'll get a slightly flickering screen before restarting. Is there any way I'll be able to get rid of them all? Windows seems to only like deleting small portions of files like 22 at a time. I don't have time to constantly do this, is there an easier way?

My computer info:

Lenovo Ideapad 310-15IKB

8GB RAM

1TB HDD

Intel Core i5-7200U/Intel HD Graphics 620

Windows 10 Home 1909

:)

Flynn Farrow, Jan 21, 2021
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Recycle Bin refuses to delete files for user

Hello,

I am troubleshooting an issue for a user where they receive an error message whenever they try to delete a file. The message states that recycle bin is unable to recycle the file, would you like to permanently delete it? This is occurring on files of all
    types and sizes and the Recycle Bin has been emptied. I have run the rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin command and
    SFC /scannow with no results. User is running Windows 10 and this issue only occurs on this particular user's profile. Any suggestions?

Wesley Matulis, Jan 21, 2021
  4. My computer refuses to recycle 577K files 60GB

Lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hello,

We highly suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button , type desktop icons into the search box, and then click Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, do one of the following: To hide the Recycle Bin, clear the Recycle Bin check box. ...
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

My computer refuses to recycle 577K files 60GB

1. My computer refuses to recycle 577K files 60GB - Similar Threads - computer refuses recycle

2. My computer refuses to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer refuses to connect to wifi: I feel like I have done everything but nothing will connect my computer to wifi. I have a b660 gaming x ax ddr4 computer that was working fine just yesterday. My computer runs on windows 11. Essentially the problem is that when I turned on my computer today it refused to...
  3. My computer refuses to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer refuses to connect to wifi: I feel like I have done everything but nothing will connect my computer to wifi. I have a b660 gaming x ax ddr4 computer that was working fine just yesterday. My computer runs on windows 11. Essentially the problem is that when I turned on my computer today it refused to...
  4. My computer refused to shut down.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer refused to shut down.: When l went to shut it down either from the case button or windows pop-up menu. It flashes the blue screens and then restarts. Problem only occurred now after months of running it fine. Asrock Steel legend B-550, R9-5900x, gigbyte RTX 3070 and 4 Trident z royal series 16GB...
  5. My computer refused to shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer refused to shut down.: When l went to shut it down either from the case button or windows pop-up menu. It flashes the blue screens and then restarts. Problem only occurred now after months of running it fine. Asrock Steel legend B-550, R9-5900x, gigbyte RTX 3070 and 4 Trident z royal series 16GB...
  6. My computer refused to shut down.

7. My computer refuses to shut down.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer refuses to shut down.: When l shut it down either from the case button or windows pop-up menu. It flashes the blue screens and then restarts. Problem only occurred now after months of running it fine. Asrock Steel legend B-550, R9-5900x, gigbyte RTX 3070 and 4 Trident z royal series 16GB each....
  8. My computer refuses to shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer refuses to shut down.: When l shut it down either from the case button or windows pop-up menu. It flashes the blue screens and then restarts. Problem only occurred now after months of running it fine. Asrock Steel legend B-550, R9-5900x, gigbyte RTX 3070 and 4 Trident z royal series 16GB each....
  9. My computer refuses to shut down.

10. Computer refuses to open .exe files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer refuses to open .exe files: Out of nowhere my computer has stopped opening .exe files and instead a pop up appears reading (file name)-Bad Image C:\Windows\System32\msdmo.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. I first noticed this when trying to open the Ubisoft game...