Windows 10: My computer refuses to stay on during the update.

Discus and support My computer refuses to stay on during the update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Once my computer had gotten stuck during and update, so I was stuck watching it spend 30 minutes removing any progress it made, before it turned on.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TimothySamalik, Nov 10, 2019.

1. My computer refuses to stay on during the update.

Once my computer had gotten stuck during and update, so I was stuck watching it spend 30 minutes removing any progress it made, before it turned on.

The second time it installed for close to 40-50 minutes, before turning off on it's own and then spending another 30 minutes removing whatever it installed.

Thinking the issue was my setting, I set the laptop so that it now won't turn off itself, or the screen, or go to sleep 5 hours after I stop touching it.

I started a third update, and checked up on it every 20 minutes so it wouldn't go to sleep...which it did 35 ish minutes in.

Is the issue my internet being slow? Why does my computer keep turning off during updates?

:)

TimothySamalik, Nov 10, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows must be very tired-refuses to stay awake

Hi, there are several extensive threads on this. Please feel free to search the forum and use it as a resource.

example: I searched the forum for
    sleep two minutes

My computer refuses to stay on during the update. [​IMG]

Refining the search may give more results- I suggest you try
    Solved sleep minutes
    for example.

If you find no solution, please post back listing what you've tried. Good luck

dalchina, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Teresa99 Win User
    My computer refuses to update

My computer refuses to update Windows. When I try I get this error code: 0x80070057.

I have reset Windows and even reinstalled it at one point. It still tells me I need updates that it refuses to update. Any suggestions?

Teresa99, Nov 10, 2019
  4. My computer refuses to stay on during the update.

My computer refuses to stay connected to my printer

I have a printer connected to the wireless network at home and my computer refuses to stay connected to it. It insists that the printer is offline, however it works on everyone else's pc's and on my iDevices. Strangely enough, if I hit print and reboot
    the pc it works. Is there a way to fix this? I am getting tired of rebooting my pc every time I need to print something!

Christopher Bowman, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

My computer refuses to stay on during the update.

1. My computer refuses to stay on during the update. - Similar Threads - computer refuses stay

2. Bluetooth refuses to connect or stay connected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth refuses to connect or stay connected.: I have a Windows 22H2 10 Pro PC latest update and after an update, the Bluetooth dongle stopped to remain connected.This happens with all BT devices that I try to connect.If I select BT-On from the tray, I see instantly, for half a second, my BT device to connect and...
  3. Bluetooth refuses to connect or stay connected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth refuses to connect or stay connected.: I have a Windows 22H2 10 Pro PC latest update and after an update, the Bluetooth dongle stopped to remain connected.This happens with all BT devices that I try to connect.If I select BT-On from the tray, I see instantly, for half a second, my BT device to connect and...
  4. Bluetooth refuses to connect or stay connected.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why does my computer refuse to install updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer refuse to install updates?: My laptop is unable to install new updates and my apps can't update via Microsoft Store either. I've tried restarting my computer several times and making sure Windows Update is running, but it doesn't work. What could be the problem?...
  6. Defender LPS refuses to stay off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender LPS refuses to stay off: So, I was googling this issue and found a discussion by Harold E1. I have the opposite problem: Defender Limited Periodic Scanning keeps turning on each time my computer restarts. I have Norton installed, which is far more comprehensive in its scans, and as such it triggers a...
  7. Defender LPS refuses to stay off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender LPS refuses to stay off: So, I was googling this issue and found a discussion by Harold E1. I have the opposite problem: Defender Limited Periodic Scanning keeps turning on each time my computer restarts. I have Norton installed, which is far more comprehensive in its scans, and as such it triggers a...
  8. PC refuses to stay asleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC refuses to stay asleep: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Imagoodspeler [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jym02p/pc_refuses_to_stay_asleep/
  9. Wifi refuses to stay working!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi refuses to stay working!: tl:dr - wifi option missing, replaced chip, reinstalled windows, nothing worked (should def read the whole thing tho) ok so first off, i know the title throws you off a little so let me full explain, my m.2 wifi/bluetooth module in my prebuilt was acting weird, my assumption...
  10. My computer refuses to stay connected to my printer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer refuses to stay connected to my printer: I have a printer connected to the wireless network at home and my computer refuses to stay connected to it. It insists that the printer is offline, however it works on everyone else's pc's and on my iDevices. Strangely enough, if I hit print and reboot the pc it works. Is...