Windows 10: My computer registers keystrokes on its own

Discus and support My computer registers keystrokes on its own in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey! I recently bought a hp gaming laptop with Win10. But recently i have been facing some problens with the computer. The system eandomly regosters... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Deepayan1, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Deepayan1 Win User

My computer registers keystrokes on its own

Hey! I recently bought a hp gaming laptop with Win10. But recently i have been facing some problens with the computer.

The system eandomly regosters keystroke especially the key "a" and the down navigation key. But when i want to use the key it wont work.

I tried resetting the PC but it didnt work out. I used Mcafee and NPAV antivirus nothing suspicious was found.

My friend installed a few games on it a few weeks back i thought i might be them and uninstalled them as well and couple of some other bloatware that comes along with hp......

Pls help me out.... I'm frustrated with this as it is a new laptop and I'm not able to use it!

Thank you

:)

Deepayan1, Oct 24, 2018
  2. DavidA835 Win User

Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard not registering first keystroke

I tried all your steps and no luck. I have one of these keyboards at home and at work. Both have the same issue. It mainly is when you switch between programs the first keystroke is not registering.

This is very frustrating, especially when typing password.

David

DavidA835, Oct 24, 2018
  3. Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard not registering first keystroke

With all these similar experiences - perhaps it's time for Microsoft to recall the product all together or for users to bring a class action suit to get our money back.

JaimeCaban, Oct 24, 2018
  4. My computer registers keystrokes on its own

Win 10 keystrokes go bonkers

when I hit one key sometimes it drops down a list to select from

sometimes it takes 2 keystrokes then just hangs

if I persist in trying Win 10 logs off and I have to log on again.

maybe the keystroke autocompletion feature?

Need help. My Win 10 system is now unusable until I resolve this issur.

Using a second PC to enter this problem description.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks/

smartalecktexan, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

My computer registers keystrokes on its own

1. My computer registers keystrokes on its own - Similar Threads - computer registers keystrokes

2. Computer is restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is restarting on its own: My pc has been restarting on its own around 5–10 minutes after starting up. 99% of the time, there will not be a BSOD. The pc will NOT restart if a game is running. The way I keep my PC alive is by having a game running in the background at all times. I have removed all video...
  3. Computer is restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer is restarting on its own: My pc has been restarting on its own around 5–10 minutes after starting up. 99% of the time, there will not be a BSOD. The pc will NOT restart if a game is running. The way I keep my PC alive is by having a game running in the background at all times. I have removed all video...
  4. My computer restarts on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer restarts on its own: My computer restarts on its own when I launch a game. I use a configuration under Am5. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-restarts-on-its-own/88010eb1-df91-42c9-a222-08c0a0de7096
  5. My computer restarts on its own

My computer restarts on its own: My computer restarts on its own when I launch a game. I use a configuration under Am5. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-restarts-on-its-own/88010eb1-df91-42c9-a222-08c0a0de7096
  6. Slow registering keystrokes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow registering keystrokes: Why does my computer not respond quickly to pressed keys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-registering-keystrokes/350ce823-7620-4b9c-b497-f802064029e9
  7. Slow registering keystrokes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow registering keystrokes: Why does my computer not respond quickly to pressed keys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-registering-keystrokes/350ce823-7620-4b9c-b497-f802064029e9
  8. Slow registering keystrokes

9. Keystrokes Stop Registering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keystrokes Stop Registering: Hi all,After ~15-20 minutes post-boot, my computer stops registering keystrokes. I can't type into notepad, firefox, start menu,or anything else. However, anything that's a command does work ex. WIN+D, ALT+TAB, ENTER, etc.. Caps lock + num lock turn on and off as well.The...
  10. Win 10 registering mouse clicks on its own

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 registering mouse clicks on its own: I recently downloaded update 1909 on my Asus laptop and began noticing issues with the mouse afterwards both the touchpad and a USB mouse. The issues have gotten progressively worse over time. First noticeable issue was when I was browsing webpages I noticed that...