Windows 10: My computer repeatedly freezes at bootup. What's going on?

Discus and support My computer repeatedly freezes at bootup. What's going on? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an HP TouchSmart 9100, intel Core 2 Duo, Windows 10 PC. I recently installed Minecraft, and since then it has been having startup problems. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hotspark226, Jun 30, 2020.

1. My computer repeatedly freezes at bootup. What's going on?

I have an HP TouchSmart 9100, intel Core 2 Duo, Windows 10 PC.

I recently installed Minecraft, and since then it has been having startup problems. It runs fine, but for it to fully start, I need to use a System Restore point.

What could be the source of the problem? Is it the Minecraft Installation?

Is there any other way besides System Restore points to get the computer running?

How can I permanently solve this problem?

Thanks.

submitted by /u/hotspark226
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hotspark226, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Problems with bootup

my phone wont go past the green windows mobile screen, does anbody have any suggestion of what i could do to get my phone to bootup properly so i can begin to use it again

Jbrown05atl, Jun 30, 2020
  4. My computer repeatedly freezes at bootup. What's going on?

My mouse repeatedly freezes in Windows 10. It has done this for weeks and I have to force shutdown? What do I do?

My mouse repeatedly freezes in Windows 10. It has done this for weeks and I have to force shutdown. What do I do to fix it? I have repeatedly moved the usb port, run diagnostic on the mouse, cleaned the inside of my computer, refreshed the router. Everything
    is fine but still mouse freezes. How do I fix?

LindaBates1, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

My computer repeatedly freezes at bootup. What's going on?

1. My computer repeatedly freezes at bootup. What's going on? - Similar Threads - computer repeatedly freezes

2. old hard drive is unresponsive; all recovery methods freeze my computer. What's going on?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    old hard drive is unresponsive; all recovery methods freeze my computer. What's going on?: Hello! I was trying to move data from an old SATA HDD when my computer crashed. Since then, the five main folders have all shown up as 0 bytes, and file explorer stops responding when i go into the folders. When i used both the 'scan' and 'scan and repair' options for the...
  3. Computer sometimes freezes completely. Audio starts to repeat

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer sometimes freezes completely. Audio starts to repeat: I had an issue pop up a few days ago and its happened three times within the past day. It happened once without the lock screen while i was watching a twitch stream and playing a video game. The other two times I locked my screen and left for a few minutes when I cam back the...
  4. Freezing on bootup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freezing on bootup: I turn my computer off at night and when I turn it on the next day, it freezes and I have to hit the reset button. Then it boots up okay, but it never does after a normal shutdown. This started right after I switched to Windows 10 from 7. What are possible causes?...
  5. My computer keeps freezing/going to Blue Screen

My computer keeps freezing/going to Blue Screen: My computer keeps crashing when I'm playing games such as Destiny 2 and Roblox. I'm looking at the CLSID and APPID when my computer freezes. But their different numbers every time. And sometimes it even says unavailable. When I'm playing Destiny 2 it freezes and makes the...
  6. Looking for assistance with my computer hanging/freezing repeatedly

Looking for assistance with my computer hanging/freezing repeatedly: Hi, so my custom built gaming computer has been having issues with hanging/freezing, even when i'm not playing games, but also when i'm playing games. It occasionally unfreezes right after, but sometimes it just freezes for a long time and i'm forced to just restart my...
  7. My computer is freezing

My computer is freezing: so i downloaded avg, its ruining my computer its making it freeze tried uninstalling it and it didnt work. Im currently trying to reset it and it wont stay unfrozen long enough i dont know what to do please help...
  8. Computer keeps on freezing a few minutes after bootup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer keeps on freezing a few minutes after bootup: Every time I start my computer, it just freezes a few minutes later. Anyone have any idea of what I could do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-keeps-on-freezing-a-few-minutes-after/fb76aaba-d92e-49c9-8d47-130100caaa40
  9. What's going on with my PC?

in Windows 10 Support
    What's going on with my PC?: Salutations, Ya'll might of noticed that I'm new here, so I apologize in advance if this is an inappropriate place to post my question. Anyways, three days ago my computer had been acting erratic. Programs, that I would normally have no problem running, would crash, hang,...
  10. My Laptop keep going in to F2 Password on bootup?

in Windows 10 Support
    My Laptop keep going in to F2 Password on bootup?: Hi have an problem with bootup as it enters F2 Setup when I have not press F2 and every now and then. Has a spark of life till I restart it. How can I stop it entering F2 Setup and asking for the admistrative password in a blue box? I am using the laptop as it seems to...