Windows 10: My computer reset without my intention! I just turned it on from sleep and everything was...

Discus and support My computer reset without my intention! I just turned it on from sleep and everything was... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Actually computer was asleep. Turned it on and all my customizations were reverted to factory reset, my gmail in outlook and custom contacts forms all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Beryl94903V, Apr 9, 2019.

1. My computer reset without my intention! I just turned it on from sleep and everything was...

Actually computer was asleep. Turned it on and all my customizations were reverted to factory reset, my gmail in outlook and custom contacts forms all gone (big deal! I use customized outlook templates and cannot revert without using my comma delimited backup), start menu gone, just as if striaghtr out the box. Absolutely nothing different from last night to this am.

As far as I can tell, Windows updates are updated....not sure how to find out.

Anyone know why or how I can get back to where I was!???? Not just Outlook but the entire computer. My desktop is wiped of shortcuts, downloads emptied, quick access no longer customized...everything!@

Software loaded since I bought the computer 2 years ago is, however, still loaded.

My computer reset without my intention! I just turned it on from sleep and everything was... :(

Beryl

:)

Beryl94903V, Apr 9, 2019
  2. _JP_ Win User

Computer Randomly Turns on From Sleep

I only saw this thread now, otherwise I would have suggested this sooner.
    I had that same problem you are having, my computer was waking-up from S3 and the culprit was my X7 mouse.
    powercfg -lastwake also listed the HID keyboard device which was an extension of the mouse.
    Besides going in device manager and setting everything to not being able to wake-up the computer from S3, I also did this to the power profiles:

My computer reset without my intention! I just turned it on from sleep and everything was... nousbwakeup.jpg

Worked for me.

_JP_, Apr 9, 2019
  3. PC turns on straight away after sleep mode is on

Hi Danny,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you system is still on even if the sleep mode option is turned on. This might be due to the change in the power plan settings.

Please follow the below methods and check if it works,

Method 1: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Type Power Options and then Enter.
    • In the left pane Select Change when the computer sleeps.
    • Select Restore default settings on this plan.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

My computer reset without my intention! I just turned it on from sleep and everything was...

Computer Randomly Turns on From Sleep

Hey guys, I have been trying to fix this on my own for over a week can't get it to stop. I think it's a software problem?

My problem: Computer will randomly turn on when in sleep mode it usually happens around 1-6am, but has happened during the day time. My computer is in the bed room so I can here it turn on.

Investigating: I have hurried and checked my computer right once it turned itself on and didn't see anything running in the background, no updates, no scanning etc...

Settings Changes: I have turned off auto updates of many things or switched them to only happen on Saturdays 6-10PM(didn't fix it)
    I have gone through every single even scheduler(46) made sure none of them can wake computer from sleep mode.(didn't fix it)
    I have scanned for virus ETC. Kaspersky/ Malwarebytes Pro(didn't fix it)
    Checked MB bios and made sure all wake up settings are OFF(didn't fix it)

Conclusion: This is why I need your help as you can see I have tried many things but still cant fix it. THE ONE thing I can't stop is the stupid Skydrive I have even tried creating registry file to stop it. The only other thing I can think of is a electrical problem in the wall sending it a slight jolt or something? It is plugged in to a surge protector a Monster Flatscreen HTS 400, it also cleans the power... It says its grounded and protection is on...

Thanks for any help/suggestions! As you can tell I feel like I have tried everything I know... Also I just woke up and didn't get much sleep so if something didn't make sense that's why...

Delta6326, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

My computer reset without my intention! I just turned it on from sleep and everything was...

1. My computer reset without my intention! I just turned it on from sleep and everything was... - Similar Threads - computer reset without

2. I turned on my laptop today and everything's been reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I turned on my laptop today and everything's been reset.: Everything's gone, my apps are there but all my files are gone, custom settings gone, the information within my apps are gone. Its been completely wiped. What do I do? It had all my univeristy assignments on it, some of which is due soon....
  3. I turned on my laptop today and everything's been reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I turned on my laptop today and everything's been reset.: Everything's gone, my apps are there but all my files are gone, custom settings gone, the information within my apps are gone. Its been completely wiped. What do I do? It had all my univeristy assignments on it, some of which is due soon....
  4. I turned on my laptop today and everything's been reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I stop my computer from resetting everything when I restart it or turn on back on?

How do I stop my computer from resetting everything when I restart it or turn on back on?: Everytime my computer restarts or I turn it back on after it shuts off, it wipes almost everything. It wipes my wallpaper, desktop, signs me out of everything like discord, steam, OneDrive and it takes 5+ minutes to log in every time. This started happening randomly and...
  6. How do I stop my computer from resetting everything when I restart it or turn on back on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop my computer from resetting everything when I restart it or turn on back on?: Everytime my computer restarts or I turn it back on after it shuts off, it wipes almost everything. It wipes my wallpaper, desktop, signs me out of everything like discord, steam, OneDrive and it takes 5+ minutes to log in every time. This started happening randomly and...
  7. My laptop resets everything to default whenever I turn on it?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop resets everything to default whenever I turn on it?!: Hi, I’ll explain the problem as clear as I can so this question maybe have too many words, so sorry about this inconvenience.The problem is, one day when I turned on my laptop, the lock-screen and the passcode were still the same, but it appeared a text line which was...
  8. My laptop resets everything to default whenever I turn on it?!

My laptop resets everything to default whenever I turn on it?!: Hi, I’ll explain the problem as clear as I can so this question maybe have too many words, so sorry about this inconvenience.The problem is, one day when I turned on my laptop, the lock-screen and the passcode were still the same, but it appeared a text line which was...
  9. MY COMPUTER JUST RESET!!!

MY COMPUTER JUST RESET!!!: MY COMPUTER RESETTTT!!! I CAN'T FIND ANY OF MY FILES I UPDATED RECENTLY SO I CHECKED IF IT SIGNED ME OUT BT IT DIDN'T ALL MY FILES ARE GONE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-just-reset/517c56cc-8280-48cd-bd00-9a6a68ae2711
  10. Resetting PC, Reset Everything: Just remove my files

Resetting PC, Reset Everything: Just remove my files: So i encountered an registry error in my pc and i tried to startup repair open cmd but it requires password, but the password i provided is correct but it says error so i have no options but to reset pc. So does the option Reset Everything -> keep my files, does it remove and...