Windows 10: My computer restarts constantly. When I am using my computer for no reason it is restarting

Discus and support My computer restarts constantly. When I am using my computer for no reason it is restarting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer restarts constantly. When I am using my computer for no reason it is restarting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mikesp58, May 14, 2019.

1. mikesp58 Win User

My computer restarts constantly. When I am using my computer for no reason it is restarting

My computer restarts constantly. When I am using my computer for no reason it is restarting

:)

mikesp58, May 14, 2019
  2. t260g Win User

computer restarts

when i try to run games in general, this computer restarts. the games i tried are age of empires, counter strike 1.6, dod, and star wars battlefront. the computer will restart after ~5mins of gaming. it will also restart if you have music playing, watching a video and having a browser open.
    it can even restart when the computer is running idle, on occasion
    i downloaded atitool, when i scan for artifcats, it will scan for 2 mins and then the computer restarts. heh

im thinking its a hardware issue, i downloaded avg free, and this computer has no apparent viruses. could it be a video card? perhaps RAM?
    the RAM in this computer is some random brand called 'DRAM masters', so i doubt it is well made compared to cosair or something like that.
    i went to administrative tools and checkd the event viewer, nothing is wrong with that...
    PSU? Mobo?

this has been happening for about a year, then i replaced the hard drive, reformatted and the problem still occured. this is why i thnk it is a hardware issue.

is there some software that can monitor the computers performance?

t260g, May 14, 2019
  3. Itachi89 Win User
    Computer restarts!

Hey everyone, I have a problem with my computer that just recently started to happen.
    My computer restarts whenever I go to play a game, and only then!

I have never had this problem before and it just started happening, I am almost 100% sure it is because of overheating, when I start my computer it's on 42, whenever I start a game it quickly rises to about 53-55 then restarts..
    I have a Asus K8N motherboard and I cant find anywhere in the BIOS on how to stop it from restarting!

Please help me! *Smile My computer restarts constantly. When I am using my computer for no reason it is restarting :)

Itachi89, May 14, 2019
  4. mystikl Win User

Computer restarting

So I get up this morning and start my computer, I try to check my mail then out of the blue it restarts. After a few more crashes I started the usual troubleshooting: I unplugged everything except the keyboard, cleared CMOS and checked for loose cables. Didn't work. I ruled out the OS (Windows 7) due to the computer restarting even while it was in BIOS.
    What could it be, hard drive, video card, motherboard?

mystikl, May 14, 2019
Thema:

1. My computer restarts constantly. When I am using my computer for no reason it is restarting - Similar Threads - computer restarts constantly

2. Computer constantly restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer constantly restarting: Hi! Hoping someone can help as I have a windows 11 PC that will randomly restart with no consistent reason as to why. I saw some old posts regarding someone asking for a zip folder of minidump files so I've provided a link....
  3. Computer constantly restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer constantly restarting: Hi! Hoping someone can help as I have a windows 11 PC that will randomly restart with no consistent reason as to why. I saw some old posts regarding someone asking for a zip folder of minidump files so I've provided a link....
  4. Computer restarting for no reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer restarting for no reason: I'm running Windows 10 Home 21H2 on a desktop I built. The OS is not activated.My computer just rebooted for seemingly no reason. It used to do this more often, but this is the first time in several months. I had a video open, but it was paused, and nothing else actively...
  5. Computer restarting for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer restarting for no reason: I'm running Windows 10 Home 21H2 on a desktop I built. The OS is not activated.My computer just rebooted for seemingly no reason. It used to do this more often, but this is the first time in several months. I had a video open, but it was paused, and nothing else actively...
  6. Computer restarting for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. AHHHHH, my computer restarts for no reason. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHH, my computer restarts for no reason. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH: AHHHH, my computer just restarts randomly for no reason. But I was doing a malwarebyte threat scan though, HELPPPPP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ahhhhh-my-computer-restarts-for-no-reason/42e6befa-1897-41f7-8085-f88031fb7062
  8. Computer Restarts For Unidentified Reason

Computer Restarts For Unidentified Reason: [ATTACH] I checked the other logs and could find nothing worth noting maybe im missing something? and I would like help to find out why im getting these shutdowns during vital moments...
  9. My computer restarts for no reason

My computer restarts for no reason: My computer restarts for no reason My hardware is as follows Intel I5 8600K ASUS Z370-P NVIDIA RTX 2060 16g DDR4 2400 dual channel Samsung 970evo plus 250g M.2 600w Power Supply This is the latest crash in the event log - <Event...
  10. My computer is always powered off and restarted for no reason

My computer is always powered off and restarted for no reason: My computer is always powered off and restarted for no reason My hardware is as follows Intel I5 8600K ASUS Z370-P NVIDIA RTX 2060 16g DDR4 2400 dual channel Samsung 970evo plus 250g M.2 600w Power Supply This is the latest crash in the event log - <Event...