Windows 10: My computer restarts every night

Discus and support My computer restarts every night in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I leave my computer on in the night but every morning I always wake up to it set on the lock screen. When I open it all of the tabs I had closed. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hello1454, Sep 9, 2022.

1. Hello1454 Win User

My computer restarts every night

I leave my computer on in the night but every morning I always wake up to it set on the lock screen. When I open it all of the tabs I had closed. I tried going to power in settings and change stuff but it doesn't work.

:)

Hello1454, Sep 9, 2022
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Sep 9, 2022
  3. Computer crashes and restarts periodically

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the make and model of your computer?

What is the anti-virus program on the computer?

I suggest you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you

Ruth Buruga, Sep 9, 2022
  4. My computer restarts every night

Computer restart every night

Hi

I have a client which his computer restart every night

I have check the restart option which is disabled.

Any idea will be appreciated

Regards

Ashik

Ashik Dindoyal, Sep 9, 2022
Thema:

My computer restarts every night

1. My computer restarts every night - Similar Threads - computer restarts every

2. Computer rebooting every night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer rebooting every night: In the event viewer I find this...The process wininit.exe 127.0.0.1 has initiated the restart of computer HEATHER on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Legacy API shutdown Reason Code: 0x80070000 Shutdown Type: restart Comment: Details ------------...
  3. Computer rebooting every night

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer rebooting every night: In the event viewer I find this...The process wininit.exe 127.0.0.1 has initiated the restart of computer HEATHER on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Legacy API shutdown Reason Code: 0x80070000 Shutdown Type: restart Comment: Details ------------...
  4. My computer restarts every night

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer restarts every night: I leave my computer on in the night but every morning I always wake up to it set on the lock screen. When I open it all of the tabs I had closed. I tried going to power in settings and change stuff but it doesn't work....
  5. My computer restarts every night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer restarts every night: I leave my computer on in the night but every morning I always wake up to it set on the lock screen. When I open it all of the tabs I had closed. I tried going to power in settings and change stuff but it doesn't work....
  6. My computer is doing a warm reboot every night automatically?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is doing a warm reboot every night automatically?: My computer is running Windows 10 Pro.It is automatically doing a warm reboot every night displaying the log in screen the next morning.I have made no changes to the computer that would do this/.What is going on?...
  7. My computer is doing a warm reboot every night automatically?

My computer is doing a warm reboot every night automatically?: My computer is running Windows 10 Pro.It is automatically doing a warm reboot every night displaying the log in screen the next morning.I have made no changes to the computer that would do this/.What is going on?...
  8. Computer Turns On At Midnight Every Night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Turns On At Midnight Every Night: Split from this thread.my question is similar, but reversed. my windows 7 sp1 professional home version keeps starting my computer at 12 midnight every night. have to keep shutting it down. this is getting annoying. how can I stop this from happening?...
  9. Computer Turns On At Midnight Every Night

Computer Turns On At Midnight Every Night: Split from this thread.my question is similar, but reversed. my windows 7 sp1 professional home version keeps starting my computer at 12 midnight every night. have to keep shutting it down. this is getting annoying. how can I stop this from happening?...
  10. Computer has started restarting every night but not updating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer has started restarting every night but not updating: How do I stop my computer from restarting every night. Every morning, I find that all the files I had open are gone, and my browser prompts me to recover everything I had open. I check the update history, and there haven't been updates in a few days. So, it's just restarting...