Windows 10: My computer restarts for no reason

Discus and support My computer restarts for no reason in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer restarts for no reason My hardware is as follows Intel I5 8600K ASUS Z370-P NVIDIA RTX 2060 16g DDR4 2400 dual channel Samsung... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 晴宝, Nov 5, 2019.

1. 晴宝 Win User

My computer restarts for no reason

My hardware is as follows

Intel I5 8600K
    ASUS Z370-P
    NVIDIA RTX 2060

16g DDR4 2400 dual channel

Samsung 970evo plus 250g M.2

600w Power Supply

This is the latest crash in the event log

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>6</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-11-05T10:35:50.917019800Z" />
    <EventRecordID>4470</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>GZK</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    - <EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
    <Data Name="Checkpoint">41</Data>
    <Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
    <Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">5</Data>
    <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
    <Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Please help me find the cause of the problem as much as possible, thank you

:)

晴宝, Nov 5, 2019
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    windows 10 says it needs to update for security reasons, then updates and restarts, then upon restart it restores the previous version

Hi Kathleen,

One of the usual reasons why you are experiencing this issue can be because of corrupted or missing system files that are interrupting the update process. We would like to know the following to isolate the root cause of the issue:

• Were you able to login to the computer before it updates and restarts?
    • Which version of Windows 10 are you using? Is it Windows 10 1703 or Windows 10 1709?

If you are using the Windows 10 version 1703 or 1709, we suggest setting up the
    Active hours on your computer to prevent automatic restart. This will help us perform the needed troubleshooting steps without the computer suddenly restarting.

Kindly follow the steps below to set it:

• Open your Settings.
    • Choose Update & security.
    • Under Windows Update, choose change active hours.
    • Choose the time where you will perform the troubleshooting steps.

My computer restarts for no reason 361c867f-5818-486d-a8c8-584c71119097.png
    • After you successfully set it up, we recommend downloading the troubleshooter on this article and run it:
      Windows Update Troubleshooter.
      This will identify the root cause of the issue and provide the appropriate fix for it.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 5, 2019
  4. My computer restarts for no reason

Computer crashes and restarts periodically

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the make and model of your computer?

What is the anti-virus program on the computer?

I suggest you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you

Ruth Buruga, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

1. My computer restarts for no reason - Similar Threads - computer restarts reason

2. My HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-ee1xxx keeps restarting randomly. Computer Restarted, Reason...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-ee1xxx keeps restarting randomly. Computer Restarted, Reason...: Hello, My HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-ee1xxx keeps rebooting randomly with the below 2 error codes from the event viewer or CMD prompt. see Below.I have already ran the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics and the hardware all passes the tests. I am using Windows 11.I am also getting...
  3. Computer restarting for no reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer restarting for no reason: I'm running Windows 10 Home 21H2 on a desktop I built. The OS is not activated.My computer just rebooted for seemingly no reason. It used to do this more often, but this is the first time in several months. I had a video open, but it was paused, and nothing else actively...
  4. Computer restarting for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer restarting for no reason: I'm running Windows 10 Home 21H2 on a desktop I built. The OS is not activated.My computer just rebooted for seemingly no reason. It used to do this more often, but this is the first time in several months. I had a video open, but it was paused, and nothing else actively...
  5. Computer restarting for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. AHHHHH, my computer restarts for no reason. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHH, my computer restarts for no reason. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH: AHHHH, my computer just restarts randomly for no reason. But I was doing a malwarebyte threat scan though, HELPPPPP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ahhhhh-my-computer-restarts-for-no-reason/42e6befa-1897-41f7-8085-f88031fb7062
  7. Computer Restarts For Unidentified Reason

Computer Restarts For Unidentified Reason: [ATTACH] I checked the other logs and could find nothing worth noting maybe im missing something? and I would like help to find out why im getting these shutdowns during vital moments...
  8. My computer is always powered off and restarted for no reason

My computer is always powered off and restarted for no reason: My computer is always powered off and restarted for no reason My hardware is as follows Intel I5 8600K ASUS Z370-P NVIDIA RTX 2060 16g DDR4 2400 dual channel Samsung 970evo plus 250g M.2 600w Power Supply This is the latest crash in the event log - <Event...
  9. My computer restarts constantly. When I am using my computer for no reason it is restarting

My computer restarts constantly. When I am using my computer for no reason it is restarting: My computer restarts constantly. When I am using my computer for no reason it is restarting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-restarts-constantly-when-i-am-using-my/57bb4177-8f96-43dd-9e96-3138c88a2bfa
  10. OS restarts for no reason

OS restarts for no reason: What are stop code errors that cause a restart oft he OS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/os-restarts-for-no-reason/c862f2c2-1d06-4ebb-82a2-89474332f350

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer reboots for no reason grammarly

2. computer reboots for no reason

3. windows 10 computer restarts for no reason