Windows 10: My computer restarts in a loop when I turn on my modem

Discus and support My computer restarts in a loop when I turn on my modem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever I turn on my modem, I get a blue screen with DPC Watchdog Violation, then my PC restarts in a loop (unless I turn off my modem again). It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GisselEscudero, Oct 15, 2018.

1. My computer restarts in a loop when I turn on my modem

Whenever I turn on my modem, I get a blue screen with DPC Watchdog Violation, then my PC restarts in a loop (unless I turn off my modem again). It didn't happen when I disabled my network card driver, so I updated the driver but the problem persists. My PC is new but Windows hasn't been able to update itself (it downloaded several gigabytes of data, but it didn't update), so it's stuck on build 10240 (I was waiting for the problem with the newest build to be solved before updating Windows manually, but now I can't even connect to Internet with my new computer). The problem started after svchost.exe downloaded 200+ MB of data yesterday. I saved the last three minidump files, zipped them, and uploaded them to my Google Drive. Thanks for any help solving this problem!

:)

GisselEscudero, Oct 15, 2018

2. BSOD CONSTANT RESTART LOOP

Hi,

This issue might occur due to an old or corrupted graphics driver. Since you are experiencing a constant restart loop, we suggest that you follow the Startup Repair steps below:

• Turn off your computer.
    • Turn on your computer. As soon as you see the Windows logo with the spinning dots, press and hold down the power button until your computer turns off. Do this process
      twice.
    • Turn on your computer for the third time, and let it load.
    • It should give you the message: Preparing Automatic Repair.
    • On the next screen that would appear, click on Advanced Options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Go to Advanced Options.
    • Click on Startup Repair.
    • Wait for the repair to finish.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Windows 10 restart loop

Hi,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa from the link provided below and check if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...art-loop/d47eee3c-b3db-42ea-8f56-6b57dfe78003

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 15, 2018
  4. My computer restarts in a loop when I turn on my modem

Computer stuck in a restart loop

Hi,

There are several reason why this issue happens. For us to help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps given by Ramesh.Kumar on this thread:

Windows 10 restart loop- can't fix
    . His answer was found helpful by 27 people and we are hoping that you'll be one of them.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

My computer restarts in a loop when I turn on my modem

1. My computer restarts in a loop when I turn on my modem - Similar Threads - computer restarts loop

2. When I restart or update my computer, I am stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I restart or update my computer, I am stuck in a loop: When I restart or update my computer, I am stuck on a screen that says: "Updates are underway, please keep your computer on"I have tried all fixes I have found on YouTube but none of them have helped...
  3. When I restart or update my computer, I am stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I restart or update my computer, I am stuck in a loop: When I restart or update my computer, I am stuck on a screen that says: "Updates are underway, please keep your computer on"I have tried all fixes I have found on YouTube but none of them have helped...
  4. I turned my computer off while it was restarting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I turned my computer off while it was restarting.: I factory reserved my windows 10 to fully clean it and while it was resetting it froze at 64% and with no other idea I turned it off. Now it when I turn it on it goes on the loading screen then flickers to the restart screen then off. It repeats that until I turn it off...
  5. I turned my computer off while it was restarting.

I turned my computer off while it was restarting.: I factory reserved my windows 10 to fully clean it and while it was resetting it froze at 64% and with no other idea I turned it off. Now it when I turn it on it goes on the loading screen then flickers to the restart screen then off. It repeats that until I turn it off...
  6. SOLVED My computer stopped working and began a restart loop. When it turns on, a black and...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SOLVED My computer stopped working and began a restart loop. When it turns on, a black and...: Hi,Today, my PC restarted randomly and the screen you see was shown. After that, the logo of my motherboard appeared. But windows didn't boot up. I did nothing strange, Idk if it's because of yesterday's windows update, but i tried to restore from a restore point created 4...
  7. My computer stopped working and began a restart loop. When it turns on, a black and...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer stopped working and began a restart loop. When it turns on, a black and...: Hi,Today, my PC restarted randomly and the screen you see was shown. After that, the logo of my motherboard appeared. But windows didn't boot up. I did nothing strange, Idk if it's because of yesterday's windows update, but i tried to restore from a restore point created 4...
  8. my laptop restart when i turn it on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop restart when i turn it on: when i updated windows my laptop restart when i turn it on so i run a troubleshooter on windows update and it detect WaaSMedicService Issues remediated by :AutomaticCorruptionRepairPlugin;ResetRepairPlugin what does it mean? And how to fix it?...
  9. my laptop restart when i turn it on

my laptop restart when i turn it on: when i updated windows my laptop restart when i turn it on so i run a troubleshooter on windows update and it detect WaaSMedicService Issues remediated by :AutomaticCorruptionRepairPlugin;ResetRepairPlugin what does it mean? And how to fix it?...
  10. my laptop restart when i turn it on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc restarting loop when turn on