Windows 10: my computer restarts just because of an error in windows and two keys appear

Discus and support my computer restarts just because of an error in windows and two keys appear in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I need assistance since my computer restarts unexpectedly due to an error in windos and it gives me a minute to auto shutdown, I always get two keys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jean AndreLuna Mendez, May 27, 2020.

1. my computer restarts just because of an error in windows and two keys appear

I need assistance since my computer restarts unexpectedly due to an error in windos and it gives me a minute to auto shutdown, I always get two keys but I don't know what the mistake is or if it requires any update. Thank you

:)

Jean AndreLuna Mendez, May 27, 2020
  2. jimhoyle Win User

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, May 27, 2020
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, May 27, 2020
  4. csatennis Win User

my computer restarts just because of an error in windows and two keys appear

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, May 27, 2020
Thema:

my computer restarts just because of an error in windows and two keys appear

1. my computer restarts just because of an error in windows and two keys appear - Similar Threads - computer restarts error

2. two activation keys on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two activation keys on my computer: "I have two activation keys on my computer, one of them is illegal and the other is tied to the motherboard. Now, I want to remove the illegal key and keep the OEM key. What should I do?"...
  3. two activation keys on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two activation keys on my computer: "I have two activation keys on my computer, one of them is illegal and the other is tied to the motherboard. Now, I want to remove the illegal key and keep the OEM key. What should I do?"...
  4. two activation keys on my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My Computer Keeps restarting because of the Stop Code: Registry Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer Keeps restarting because of the Stop Code: Registry Error: Basically one Day, I restarted my computer after playing games on it, then the next day I turn it on it shows me a blue screen with the stop code: Registry Error. It kept restarting my pc over and over again, after many restarts it got to a page where it says hard drive not...
  6. My Computer Keeps restarting because of the Stop Code: Registry Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Computer Keeps restarting because of the Stop Code: Registry Error: Basically one Day, I restarted my computer after playing games on it, then the next day I turn it on it shows me a blue screen with the stop code: Registry Error. It kept restarting my pc over and over again, after many restarts it got to a page where it says hard drive not...
  7. My Computer Keeps restarting because of the Stop Code: Registry Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. What it that? It just appeared on my computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What it that? It just appeared on my computer.: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/3v1c1l0dx6561.jpg?width=602&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=41918e65c2afba848f34e6a2f21fac000be0562e I was afk and my PC was idle. When I came back, this thing showed up in the taskbar's hidden icons. I right clicked it and clicked "Open nahimic...
  9. My computer just bluescreened, but I restarted it and now it 'appears' to be fine. What...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer just bluescreened, but I restarted it and now it 'appears' to be fine. What...: Today, when I unplugged my laptop from my docking station, a blue screen flashed, and my computer restarted. The screen said something about drivers not being equal, or something like that. My computer appears to be working properly now, but this is not the first time my...
  10. Message appears on restart of computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Message appears on restart of computer: What does this mean and how do I solve this problem. Thanks so much!! virginia copy and pasted message below: Windows ® Installer. V 5.0.18362.1 msiexec /Option <Required Parameter> [Optional Parameter] Install Options </package | /i> <Product.msi> Installs or...