Windows 10: My computer restarts randomly when playing a specific videogame.

Discus and support My computer restarts randomly when playing a specific videogame. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So My computer shuts down regularly when I play a specific game but not for any other game. There is no warning or error message it just restarts with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RJuDJ, Jun 21, 2024.

1. RJuDJ Win User

My computer restarts randomly when playing a specific videogame.

So My computer shuts down regularly when I play a specific game but not for any other game. There is no warning or error message it just restarts with no warning. I have tried updating drivers, changing in game settings, reinstalling the game and nothing works. I don't believe it is a hardware issue due to the fact that it only happens while playing once specific online game. The game is League of Legends. Processor AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor 4.70 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GB 31.1 GB usable Graphics CardL Nvidia GefForce RTX 3080 RTX System type 64-bit operating system,

:)

RJuDJ, Jun 21, 2024

2. LAG spikes while playing videogames

My internet starts to really lag randomly whenever I play videogames. My discord is fine, it doesn't seem to be affected by it, only the videogames i'm playing. Even if I stream, nothing happens to the stream, only the videogame lags. It happens constantly, random lag spikes that prevent me from playing alltogether. It's only with a few videogames and my internet is completely fine until I start a game. What could be happening? How do I solve it?

Angela91_91, Jun 21, 2024
  3. H A M 985 Win User
    Screen Performs a 'Blackout' When Playing Videogames

So, for the past many months now I've infrequently encountered issues with the display blacking out; which is to say that the screen cuts to black, I hear an error message from Windows, and the computer continues to receive input (with no screen output)
    evinced by sound tones from keystrokes. The only solution is to then restart the computer.

The causes of the blackouts are arbitrarily specific, and are repeatable. I can perform a very specific action in a specific videogame to cause the blackout, which makes the issue avoidable (which explains why I've waited so long to seek support). For example,
    there is a map in an FPS game that takes place in a shopping mall. If I travel to a specific store in the shopping mall, walk to close to a specific spot--all the while looking at it, I get the blackout. This problem has only existed across two games; Destiny
    2, and Escape from Tarkov.

Now, with the problem explained, I have taken steps to troubleshoot it.

To rule possible GPU failure, I performed multiple stress tests--benchmarks--without failure; the results indicated the GPU was functioning optimally. I then reinstalled my display drivers multiple times using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to ensure no
    trace of the driver remained; there was no change from this. I decided to examine Window's Event Viewer, and every instance of a blackout suggested "dwm.exe" was at fault.

I'm not sure what could cause dwm.exe to fail, or what could be done to resolve the failures.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

H A M 985, Jun 21, 2024
  4. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused My computer restarts randomly when playing a specific videogame. :confused:*Mad My computer restarts randomly when playing a specific videogame. :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Jun 21, 2024
Thema:

1. My computer restarts randomly when playing a specific videogame. - Similar Threads - computer restarts randomly

2. My computer restarts randomly when playing a specific videogame.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer restarts randomly when playing a specific videogame.: So My computer shuts down regularly when I play a specific game but not for any other game. There is no warning or error message it just restarts with no warning. I have tried updating drivers, changing in game settings, reinstalling the game and nothing works. I don't...
  3. My computer randomly restarts while playing!

My computer randomly restarts while playing!: When doing heavy task my pc restarts without BSOD. When I open a game it can restart in five minutes or in one, two, three hours of gameplay.Event Viewer always show me this:I've tried a fresh install of w10 and w11. Same issue.Already did this...
  4. Why does my pc restart randomly when playing videogames?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my pc restart randomly when playing videogames?: My pc randomly restarts itself while gaming. It has been going on for months now.It can happen multiple times a day and it can go on without restarting for days.Things I have in my system and things I have tried: I have a new graphics card MSI 4060 RtxI have a new processor...
  5. Why does my pc restart randomly when playing videogames?

Why does my pc restart randomly when playing videogames?: My pc randomly restarts itself while gaming. It has been going on for months now.It can happen multiple times a day and it can go on without restarting for days.Things I have in my system and things I have tried: I have a new graphics card MSI 4060 RtxI have a new processor...
  6. PC Randomly Restarting while playing videogames

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Randomly Restarting while playing videogames: Hello, this has happened a few times now. My PC will just crash over a couple of seconds and completely restart, no BSOD, no visible errors either. I went ahead and followed a driver verifier guide as I believe it was a driver causing the problem and have the .dmp file as...
  7. PC Randomly Restarting while playing videogames

PC Randomly Restarting while playing videogames: Hello, this has happened a few times now. My PC will just crash over a couple of seconds and completely restart, no BSOD, no visible errors either. I went ahead and followed a driver verifier guide as I believe it was a driver causing the problem and have the .dmp file as...
  8. Restarting my computer randomly when playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restarting my computer randomly when playing games.: Hey boys. I am reasonably new to the computer world within this. I have a huge problem since I have got windows 10 installed. I have almost tried everything and have gone completely out of ideas. The problem is when I start playing a game, it can run from 1 to 4 hours and...
  9. Restarting my computer randomly when playing games.

in Windows 10 Support
    Restarting my computer randomly when playing games.: Hey boys. I am reasonably new to the computer world within this. I have a huge problem since I have got windows 10 installed. I have almost tried everything and have gone completely out of ideas. The problem is when I start playing a game, it can run from 1 to 4 hours and...
  10. Windows 10 multiple random BSODs when playing videogames.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 multiple random BSODs when playing videogames.: Some specs: core i7 6700k, ht off, 16 GB ram, 1080ti, mb - asrock z170 oc formula. NOTHING is overclocked. Tests performed - sfcscannow, memtest, checkdsk. No errors. Windows 10 pro is up to date, all possible drivers are also up to date. Can't pinpoint the cause. Please...