Windows 10: My computer running Windows 10 randomly crashes and boots into the BIOS

Discus and support My computer running Windows 10 randomly crashes and boots into the BIOS in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So recently i've been getting alot of crashes with a repeating pattern. I usually do work/game in the evening, but when i do my activities, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Arsha Haryoko, Jan 17, 2020.

1. My computer running Windows 10 randomly crashes and boots into the BIOS

So recently i've been getting alot of crashes with a repeating pattern.

I usually do work/game in the evening, but when i do my activities, the computer seemingly freezes then turns off.

After it turns off it will reboot into the BIOS, when i try rebooting to my Windows 10 trough the BIOS, it just takes me there again, i have to restart by holding down the power button and turning it on again, then it will boot into Windows 10.

It usually only has one crash per evening, then it never crashes, the next evening it will crash again, or when it hasn't been turned on in a long time.

Does anyone have any ideas to why this is happening, your answers are very much appreciated!

:)

Arsha Haryoko, Jan 17, 2020
  2. Naby Win User

10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates and File Downloads

This is a re-post from here.

I have a Windows 10 PC that I run 24/7. I have Windows Updates disabled through the Group Policy Editor. I still perform updates manually every few days. Windows Defender updates work fine. Other Windows updates cause the PC to crash, no BSOD or anything, it just turns off. I've looked for 1074, 6006, and 6008 event log files to explain why and I haven't been able to find anything.

Other times the computer just randomly crashes and also sometimes when downloading files. The symptom is the same, I check on it and find it powered down or it just shuts off while I'm using it. It boots back up fine and I see no cause listed in the event logs.

I have been through the 3 tests suggested to me on the old thread. SMART looked good, memtest ran for 33 hours for 8 passes with no errors, and prime was run for 3 hours with no errors.

I think the next step was to run V2 Log collector, that data is attached.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

My computer running Windows 10 randomly crashes and boots into the BIOS

Windows 10 Update and Computer is Running SLOW

Hello,

Given that there was an update that was recently installed on your computer, it is possible that there are underlying software issues in the operating system of your computer. To help us identify the cause of this issue, we would need to know the following
    information:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer?
    • What specific update was recently installed on your device?
    • Are you also experiencing with the applications randomly crashing?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform a clean boot by following the steps indicated on this
    link. It will help us to troubleshoot and determine what conflict is causing the problem.

Keep us updated with the result.

Dyan Rey, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

My computer running Windows 10 randomly crashes and boots into the BIOS

1. My computer running Windows 10 randomly crashes and boots into the BIOS - Similar Threads - computer running randomly

2. Random crashes running Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random crashes running Windows 10: Hi there,IssueI have been running Windows 10 on a new PC for the past few months. At seemingly random times, the computer freezes up. I get no black screen or BSOD. Whatever program I am using stops working and any inputs mouse, keyboard are unresponsive.There doesn't seem to...
  3. Random crashes running Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random crashes running Windows 10: Hi there,IssueI have been running Windows 10 on a new PC for the past few months. At seemingly random times, the computer freezes up. I get no black screen or BSOD. Whatever program I am using stops working and any inputs mouse, keyboard are unresponsive.There doesn't seem to...
  4. Random crashes running Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer randomly crashed and refused to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly crashed and refused to boot: My comp was booting and I opened chrome with 35 tabs open and a video started playing, only for my comp to freeze and a loud noise started coming from the tower. I hit alt+f4 to close chrome, but it caused it to force restart itself. It brought me to the bios and said failure...
  6. Computer randomly crashed and refused to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer randomly crashed and refused to boot: My comp was booting and I opened chrome with 35 tabs open and a video started playing, only for my comp to freeze and a loud noise started coming from the tower. I hit alt+f4 to close chrome, but it caused it to force restart itself. It brought me to the bios and said failure...
  7. Computer randomly crashed and refused to boot

8. Computer crashes randomly whiling running a game

Computer crashes randomly whiling running a game: I got World of Warcraft a while back and ever since then my PC would randomly crash while playing, no blue screen, no error code, nothing. I have troubleshot most hardware and software issues I could think of and still have had no luck. A very common Event Viewer error I have...
  9. My Computer Running Windows 10 Randomly Blue Screens and Crashes

My Computer Running Windows 10 Randomly Blue Screens and Crashes: Below is the two large MEMORY.DMP that I saved after both blue screens: https://drive.google.com/open?id=16L2od8JrhU6fcdJz24QfxQYPu9G57nAb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-running-windows-10-randomly-blue/8a2d6650-3fd6-43bf-badf-a332296864b3
  10. Windows 10 crashes to Bios randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 crashes to Bios randomly: This happens a couple of times per week, I'll leave the laptop on, come back an hour or several later and the Bios screen is up. Powering off is the only way out of it and then the system reboots, bypassing my Linux Grub menu, straight into Windows again (which takes...