Windows 10: My computer running Windows10 can't detect my LaCie external hard drive

Discus and support My computer running Windows10 can't detect my LaCie external hard drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know this is a common issue with this hard drive, as other people have reported this online, but I can't seem to find a solution for it. When I check... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Rusty_Pylon_25o17-PX, May 16, 2020.

1. My computer running Windows10 can't detect my LaCie external hard drive

I know this is a common issue with this hard drive, as other people have reported this online, but I can't seem to find a solution for it. When I check device manager, it shows up their, but it doesn't show up in files. Does anyone know how to solve this? I know it's a hard drive specific problem because I have another external hard drive which works just fine.

submitted by /u/Rusty_Pylon_25o17-PX
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Rusty_Pylon_25o17-PX, May 16, 2020
  2. GNTSquid Win User

Detecting but Wont Open LaCie External Hard Drive

I have a LaCie external hard drive (this one here) that was given to me by a friend, and for one reason or another W10 wont show the external drive as an option under Devices and Drives when selecting "This PC" or My Computer. I can see my SSD with the OS and the internal 2nd drive but not the LaCie. The only place it shows that it knows a drive is connected is in the task bar where it gives the option to eject the drive and in "Devices and Printers". And selecting the drive from there doesn't provide many options, it just opens the properties window for the drive. I don't even see anything telling me what format the drive is, but I have a sneaking suspicion its formatted for a Mac. Is there a way I can get this drive to show on my computer?

The only thing I can think of is to try installing some firmware updates from LaCie's website, but since this drive contains film footage (that im not sure has been backed up or not so its possible this is the only copy of the footage) I want to be absolutely certain that installing the firmware wont erase anything on the drive.

GNTSquid, May 16, 2020
  3. lacie external hard drive

since I installed windows 10 I cant use my LaCie external hardrive, to access pictures, from way back.

ladders5241, May 16, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

My computer running Windows10 can't detect my LaCie external hard drive

External drive in now incompatible with Windows 10 UPgrade

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

Is LaCie external drive detected in Device Manager?

I suggest you to update LaCie external drive drivers in Device manager and check. If issue persists install driver in Compatible mode.

Compatibility mode

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Do let us know if you are able to back up files in LaCie external drive. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 16, 2020
Thema:

My computer running Windows10 can't detect my LaCie external hard drive

1. My computer running Windows10 can't detect my LaCie external hard drive - Similar Threads - computer running Windows10

2. Microsoft Store is not detecting my External Hard Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store is not detecting my External Hard Drive.: So far I tried the wsreset.exe in the "run" tab and the I am only seeing my C and D drive. So far I tried the wsreset.exe in the "run" tab and the Get-AppXPackage *...
  3. Microsoft Store is not detecting my External Hard Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store is not detecting my External Hard Drive.: So far I tried the wsreset.exe in the "run" tab and the I am only seeing my C and D drive. So far I tried the wsreset.exe in the "run" tab and the Get-AppXPackage *...
  4. Microsoft Store is not detecting my External Hard Drive.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Why my External Hard Drives could not be detected?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my External Hard Drives could not be detected?: I checked Device Manager and found that my hard drive has been disabled by Windows, I tried to enable it but Windows immediately disabled it again. Please help, anyone?* Moved from Community Center...
  6. Why my External Hard Drives could not be detected?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my External Hard Drives could not be detected?: I checked Device Manager and found that my hard drive has been disabled by Windows, I tried to enable it but Windows immediately disabled it again. Please help, anyone?* Moved from Community Center...
  7. My external hard drive is being detected but also not.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My external hard drive is being detected but also not.: So I’m trying to use an external hard drive and when I go into my file manager nothing shows up for it. I went into my settings to check if it was detecting a usb device and it was. submitted by /u/nicknugget2007 [link] [comments]...
  8. lacie external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lacie external hard drive: since I installed windows 10 I cant use my LaCie external hardrive, to access pictures, from way back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lacie-external-hard-drive/c674c2dc-0746-4491-9095-b4875030781a
  9. External hard drive doesn't detect on my laptop.

External hard drive doesn't detect on my laptop.: I disconnected the hard disk without safely ejecting it. Now that usb port doesn't detect the external hard drive. But it detects other usb devices. Also the external hard drive works with my other usb ports. Please help me to fix my usb port....
  10. Detecting but Wont Open LaCie External Hard Drive

Detecting but Wont Open LaCie External Hard Drive: I have a LaCie external hard drive (this one here) that was given to me by a friend, and for one reason or another W10 wont show the external drive as an option under Devices and Drives when selecting "This PC" or My Computer. I can see my SSD with the OS and the internal 2nd...