Windows 10: My computer says " critical Alert from Windows" and is completely locked up. It gives a...

Discus and support My computer says " critical Alert from Windows" and is completely locked up. It gives a... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computer says " critical Alert from Windows" and is completely locked up. It gives a phone no. to call. I have not called. Is this a SCAM ? How do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DonM-1931, Jan 21, 2021.

1. DonM-1931 Win User

My computer says " critical Alert from Windows" and is completely locked up. It gives a...

My computer says " critical Alert from Windows" and is completely locked up. It gives a phone no. to call. I have not called. Is this a SCAM ? How do I get out of it.? Any idea's appreciated.

:)

DonM-1931, Jan 21, 2021

2. Microsoft critical alert Error # 3657c84f1df674.

Is this for real??? For about the last month I get a white box that reads Microsoft critical alert Error # 3657c84f1df674. A mans voice says -this is a critical alert your computer is infected and will steal all my data...critic alert 268b3...if I don't
    call or if I shut down my system it will disable my computer...

If not how do I remove this

thank you My computer says " critical Alert from Windows" and is completely locked up.  It gives a... :)

Jewlsyjewls, Jan 21, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond My computer says " critical Alert from Windows" and is completely locked up.  It gives a... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 21, 2021
  4. My computer says " critical Alert from Windows" and is completely locked up. It gives a...

Cortana . . . Asking me to say things

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, have you tried to turn off " Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more." feature?

Follow these steps on how:

• Click the search bar.
    • Click the gear icon.
    • Under Settings, click the slider to turn off "Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more."
    Let us know if this answered your query.

Gerald Vit, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

My computer says " critical Alert from Windows" and is completely locked up. It gives a...

1. My computer says " critical Alert from Windows" and is completely locked up. It gives a... - Similar Threads - computer says critical

2. Computer locked with Microsoft security alert.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer locked with Microsoft security alert.: Computer is locked with MicroSoft security alert. I have Chrome OS. I tried control shift escape but nothing happened. It didn't open task manager. The number to call listed as 877 570 7676. Lots of flashing.. and voice encouraging me to not shut down, etc. How do I get out...
  3. Help! Computer is saying it is locked up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! Computer is saying it is locked up: I got a message on my computer saying it has been locked up. My IP address was used without my knowledge or consent that contains identify theft virus. It also tells me not to restart or shut down due to data loss and identity theft. It says to contact support at...
  4. Help! Computer is saying it is locked up

Help! Computer is saying it is locked up: I got a message on my computer saying it has been locked up. My IP address was used without my knowledge or consent that contains identify theft virus. It also tells me not to restart or shut down due to data loss and identity theft. It says to contact support at...
  5. I have an alert whcih says Windows_Firewall_Alert and has locked up my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an alert whcih says Windows_Firewall_Alert and has locked up my computer: I have an alert whcih says Windows_Firewall_Alert and has locked up my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-alert-whcih-says-windowsfirewallalert/4903f7d1-b231-4485-b817-c23ed1d8feea
  6. I have an alert whcih says Windows_Firewall_Alert and has locked up my computer

I have an alert whcih says Windows_Firewall_Alert and has locked up my computer: I have an alert whcih says Windows_Firewall_Alert and has locked up my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-alert-whcih-says-windowsfirewallalert/4903f7d1-b231-4485-b817-c23ed1d8feea
  7. I have an alert whcih says Windows_Firewall_Alert and has locked up my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Critical alert from Windows

Critical alert from Windows: Is the phone number 1-888-695-1629 a Microsoft support number? I have a critical alert from Windows on my lap top. This phone number appears along with an audible alarm and other warnings. The lady that answered wanted me to download Ultraviewer. I decided to try and verify...
  9. my computer says it is locked.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my computer says it is locked.: Trying to type up a letter but the computer says its locked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-says-it-is-locked/db68d2b6-74d3-4464-b958-67ef71d9b163"
  10. Getting an alert saying my computer is infected

Getting an alert saying my computer is infected: Im getting a alert from Microsoft saying that my computer is infected * Original title: microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-an-alert-saying-my-computer-is-infected/4c58fbc0-0922-4aea-aef9-ed3f95406396"