Windows 10: My computer says " critical Alert from Windows" and is completely locked up. It gives a...

Discus and support My computer says " critical Alert from Windows" and is completely locked up. It gives a... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computer says " critical Alert from Windows" and is completely locked up. It gives a phone no. to call. I have not called. Is this a SCAM ? How do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DonM-1931, Jan 21, 2021.

1. DonM-1931 Win User

My computer says " critical Alert from Windows" and is completely locked up. It gives a...

My computer says " critical Alert from Windows" and is completely locked up. It gives a phone no. to call. I have not called. Is this a SCAM ? How do I get out of it.? Any idea's appreciated.

:)

DonM-1931, Jan 21, 2021

2. Microsoft critical alert Error # 3657c84f1df674.

Is this for real??? For about the last month I get a white box that reads Microsoft critical alert Error # 3657c84f1df674. A mans voice says -this is a critical alert your computer is infected and will steal all my data...critic alert 268b3...if I don't
    call or if I shut down my system it will disable my computer...

If not how do I remove this

thank you My computer says " critical Alert from Windows" and is completely locked up.  It gives a... :)

Jewlsyjewls, Jan 21, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond My computer says " critical Alert from Windows" and is completely locked up.  It gives a... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 21, 2021
  4. My computer says " critical Alert from Windows" and is completely locked up. It gives a...

Cortana . . . Asking me to say things

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, have you tried to turn off " Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more." feature?

Follow these steps on how:

• Click the search bar.
    • Click the gear icon.
    • Under Settings, click the slider to turn off "Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more."
    Let us know if this answered your query.

Gerald Vit, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

My computer says " critical Alert from Windows" and is completely locked up. It gives a...

1. My computer says " critical Alert from Windows" and is completely locked up. It gives a... - Similar Threads - computer says critical

2. My computer locked up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer locked up: My computer locked up with a message from Windows Defender saying my computer was at risk and had therefore my access had been blocked. It gave me a number to call Microsoft Support at 1-888-210-2718. I have yet to call the number given because I am concerned that it could...
  3. Pop up Computer Virus Alert

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pop up Computer Virus Alert: [ATTACH] I get this message sometimes whenever im on any browser/tab and it also sometimes sends pop up messages saying stuff about viruses and sometimes sends messages saying, "_____ wants a s#x partner" I dont know what to do and am pretty sure it is not real and...
  4. my computer says it is locked.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my computer says it is locked.: Trying to type up a letter but the computer says its locked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-says-it-is-locked/db68d2b6-74d3-4464-b958-67ef71d9b163"
  5. My computer locked up. Says it’s from you and to call you at 855 ) 416-4284

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer locked up. Says it’s from you and to call you at 855 ) 416-4284: My computer locked up Says its windows security Wants me to call 855)416-4284. Which i didnt do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-locked-up-says-its-from-you-and-to/54c64155-eb6f-47ae-9a4d-f9bc4d630172
  6. Critical Google Chrome Alert

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Critical Google Chrome Alert: Is this a Microsoft Help Desk number? 1-877-242-4839 ? Received a Critical Google Chrome Alert and was told to call Microsoft Support Desk at that number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/critical-google-chrome-alert/dc9f4d35-de40-4726-8d23-e09eb02c3d73
  7. Getting an alert saying my computer is infected

Getting an alert saying my computer is infected: Im getting a alert from Microsoft saying that my computer is infected * Original title: microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-an-alert-saying-my-computer-is-infected/4c58fbc0-0922-4aea-aef9-ed3f95406396"
  8. Windows 10 completely locking up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 completely locking up: I just upgraded to a new motherboard, cpu, ram and installed an ssd to install Windows on. After a fresh install on the ssd the computer will freeze completely, I can't move my mouse or use my keyboard and I'm forced to force restart my pc. I've done a memtest to check if...
  9. Alert - Windows Critical Boot 1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alert - Windows Critical Boot 1: Windows Critical Boot 1 Flashing up on screen. Windows up to date . Can someone tell me how to fix this. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alert-windows-critical-boot-1/4b9a55d0-b770-490b-9b53-151616a28c87
  10. Microsoft Warning Alert from my computer next time in pop-ups?

Microsoft Warning Alert from my computer next time in pop-ups?: How can I blocked this scam from my computer the next time it pop-ups tell me to called the phone number that they are giving me to called?...