Windows 10: My computer screen flickers for a while when turned on

Discus and support My computer screen flickers for a while when turned on in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My computer’s screen has been flickering every time I logged in since weeks and now today, I came to a black screen with the only option to pull up the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/coderedninja, Apr 13, 2020.

1. My computer screen flickers for a while when turned on

My computer’s screen has been flickering every time I logged in since weeks and now today, I came to a black screen with the only option to pull up the task manager. I can’t open the start menu or run anything to see what the problem is.

I am able to go through safe mode, use several options like debugging and cmd.exe to run solutions but nothing is working for me.

I remember when I turned the computer back off when flickering, it said cofire.exe was not able to run correctly.

Please someone help!

submitted by /u/coderedninja
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/coderedninja, Apr 13, 2020
  2. SUI
    Sui Win User

Screen starts to flicker after logging in for a while

Hello

This is an entirely new issue. My screen starts to flicker after logging in/turning on computer for a while, and/or if I launch an app that uses my Nvidia card (my laptop has Optimus), I'm not exactly sure which of these two causes it. For the first while after a restart, the screen appears fine. The flickering appears on desktop background + internet browser as well, so I'm pretty sure it's not a program compatibility issue. The flickering is not severe (the type that looks like horizontal bars sliding up) but it's an annoyance.

Tried:

• Disabling Windows error reporting + problem reporting service in msconfig
    • Restart computer
    • Resetting Nvidia global settings to default in Nvidia control panel
    • Checking for display drive updates in device manager (all up to date)
    • Checking monitor refresh rate (60Hz, can't be changed)

Laptop I'm using:

• i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz
    • 1900x1080
    • Intel HD 4600 + Nvidia GT750M

Thanks for suggestions.

3. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

My computer screen flickers for a while when turned on

Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

My computer screen flickers for a while when turned on

1. My computer screen flickers for a while when turned on - Similar Threads - computer screen flickers

2. Why is my laptop screen flickering colors when turned on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my laptop screen flickering colors when turned on?: Whenever I turn on the laptop instead of the normal boot screen to DELL it just goes to changing colors, it goes white then red then green then blue then black and repeats that some more times until it gets to red, if the charger is plugged in it will turn off after the...
  3. Why is my laptop screen flickering colors when turned on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my laptop screen flickering colors when turned on?: Whenever I turn on the laptop instead of the normal boot screen to DELL it just goes to changing colors, it goes white then red then green then blue then black and repeats that some more times until it gets to red, if the charger is plugged in it will turn off after the...
  4. Screen Flickering when WiFi / networking is turned on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering when WiFi / networking is turned on.: I have Thinkpad X1 Extreme Gen 4. I've started seeing flickering, artifacts, blank screen. I've uninstalled and reinstalled all video and network drivers. The only thing that makes it stop is to turn on airplane mode or and here's the clue when I uninstall the Intel WiFi...
  5. Screen Flickering when WiFi / networking is turned on.

Screen Flickering when WiFi / networking is turned on.: I have Thinkpad X1 Extreme Gen 4. I've started seeing flickering, artifacts, blank screen. I've uninstalled and reinstalled all video and network drivers. The only thing that makes it stop is to turn on airplane mode or and here's the clue when I uninstall the Intel WiFi...
  6. Screen Flickering when WiFi / networking is turned on.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Screen Flickering, but still responsive while flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering, but still responsive while flickering: The screen on my laptop intel i5 has been flicking randomly. It is still responsive while it flickers, as evidenced when I tap or click randomly, and the computer actually responds accordingly.When I shut the laptop lid and open it again, the screen is alright though.How can...
  8. Screen Flickering, but still responsive while flickering

Screen Flickering, but still responsive while flickering: The screen on my laptop intel i5 has been flicking randomly. It is still responsive while it flickers, as evidenced when I tap or click randomly, and the computer actually responds accordingly.When I shut the laptop lid and open it again, the screen is alright though.How can...
  9. While Working Screen flickered

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    While Working Screen flickered: While Working screen flickered, so I noted the time and saw the Event Viewer: Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 09-12-2020 02:42:59 AM Event ID: 1000 Task Category: 100 Level: Error Keywords: Classic User:...
  10. Screen flickering while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen flickering while gaming: Hello, My problem is that basically anytime I launch any game the screen with start flickering nonstop. It will work normal for a few seconds, than it will go black, come back for a few seconds in awhile then do the same thing over and over again. The game is running in...