Windows 10: MY COMPUTER SCREEN IS SPLIT IN HALF, HELP !

Discus and support MY COMPUTER SCREEN IS SPLIT IN HALF, HELP ! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; MY COMPUTER SCREEN IS SPLIT IN HALF AND I CANT USE IT LIKE THAT, CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME ? SMITH... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by smismith, May 23, 2020.

1. smismith Win User

MY COMPUTER SCREEN IS SPLIT IN HALF, HELP !

MY COMPUTER SCREEN IS SPLIT IN HALF AND I CANT USE IT LIKE THAT, CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME ?

SMITH

:)

smismith, May 23, 2020

2. My screen has been split in half

we have done some home renovating and decided it would be best to put our computer on the TV. When we got everything hooked up we turned it on and the screen was split in half. the bottom half was black and the top half was showing stuff but only the bottom
    half of the actual visual. any help would be gratefully appreciated

**Original Title**

My screen has been cut in half

Ricardo Zamaroni, May 23, 2020
  3. My screen has been split in half

Hi Ricardo Zamaroni,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. What is the make and model of the PC?
    2. What is the make and model of the TV?
    3. How is the TV connected to the PC?
    4. Have you installed all pending updates on the PC?
    5. Have you updated the display drivers on the computer?
    6. When you say ‘the screen was split in half’, is that on the TV or the computer?

I can understand the situation must be difficult for you when the system doesn't work as it should. However, let us follow these methods and check if that helps.

Method A: Suggest you to check the steps from this article to
    set up dual monitors on Windows 10
    and check if that helps.

Method B: Update the driver.

Driver updates for Windows 10 and many devices (such as network adapters, monitors, printers,
    and video cards) are automatically downloaded and installed through Windows Update. It's likely you already have the most recent driver, but if you're facing trouble with a device, you can try fixing it by updating or reinstalling the driver. If Windows doesn't
    find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

Hope this helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, May 23, 2020
  4. MY COMPUTER SCREEN IS SPLIT IN HALF, HELP !

Splitting screens

Hi,

To resolve your issue with splitting screen, we suggest that you follow the
    steps
    provided by Likhitha V.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, May 23, 2020
Thema:

MY COMPUTER SCREEN IS SPLIT IN HALF, HELP !

1. MY COMPUTER SCREEN IS SPLIT IN HALF, HELP ! - Similar Threads - COMPUTER SCREEN SPLIT

2. why dose half of the screen darken when i split screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why dose half of the screen darken when i split screen: when i split screen the side that i am not currently on darkens and it is very annoying my laptop is a hp envy 360 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-dose-half-of-the-screen-darken-when-i-split/82686cf3-d096-450c-9c2d-9725d5dedbbb
  3. why dose half of the screen darken when i split screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why dose half of the screen darken when i split screen: when i split screen the side that i am not currently on darkens and it is very annoying my laptop is a hp envy 360 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-dose-half-of-the-screen-darken-when-i-split/82686cf3-d096-450c-9c2d-9725d5dedbbb
  4. My computer screen is half darker than the other.

My computer screen is half darker than the other.: Please help it is quite annoying that the screen of my pc is slightly darker on the left side. thanks for any reply https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-screen-is-half-darker-than-the-other/51b1f806-ebe6-4542-9194-c3b5e965df18
  5. My computer screen is half darker than the other.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer screen is half darker than the other.: Please help it is quite annoying that the screen of my pc is slightly darker on the left side. thanks for any reply https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-screen-is-half-darker-than-the-other/51b1f806-ebe6-4542-9194-c3b5e965df18
  6. Icons in taskbar splits in half

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in taskbar splits in half: There are icons on my taskbar that splits in half, not only my application but also the icons in the end part of the taskbar. I cant even click some icons its not working and even after restarts it shows the same. Its like permanent now on my system. It is sore in the eye I...
  7. Icons in taskbar splits in half

Icons in taskbar splits in half: There are icons on my taskbar that splits in half, not only my application but also the icons in the end part of the taskbar. I cant even click some icons its not working and even after restarts it shows the same. Its like permanent now on my system. It is sore in the eye I...
  8. Icons in taskbar splits in half

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. my screen is split in half...

my screen is split in half...: How can I undo this mess ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-is-split-in-half/97f0c83f-1a66-40d4-a843-122dfdabd85e
  10. split screen

split screen: i have this problem all video splitted to part side by side in kmplayer ,cherome and more .. i dont know i update my gpu drive or win update plz help ty[ATTACH][ATTACH]...