Windows 10: my computer screen is stuck on black literally nothing works

Discus and support my computer screen is stuck on black literally nothing works in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was just using my laptop and then my screen went completely black. I tried leaving it to charge, and i tried to like turn the power on and off to see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by zjjjj_461, Jul 11, 2021.

1. zjjjj_461 Win User

my computer screen is stuck on black literally nothing works

I was just using my laptop and then my screen went completely black. I tried leaving it to charge, and i tried to like turn the power on and off to see if the screen would go back to normal but it didnt. also when i tried turning on my laptop the acer logo that usually pops up doesnt show at all, like my screen is black, but i can still hear the start up noises.

:)

zjjjj_461, Jul 11, 2021
  2. Hendry Win User

Windows 10 stuck at black screen

hi, i tried upgrading my windows 7, but failed 5 times.
    step 1 on copying files are 100%
    step 2 installing features n updates are 100%
    step 3 FAILED, it stuck on black screen and freeze, nothing i can do besides force restart and its restored to my windows 7 back.

any idea how to solve this? it's always stuck at 75% step 2 and when go to step 3 is freeze ( 5 times in row, i'm thinking give up or buy new laptop with windows 10*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin)

p.s i'm currently downloading ISO file to blank DVD hopefully it's worksmy computer screen is stuck on black literally nothing works :)

Hendry, Jul 11, 2021
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 11, 2021
  4. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Jul 11, 2021
Thema:

1. my computer screen is stuck on black literally nothing works - Similar Threads - computer screen stuck

2. Black home screen with nothing working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black home screen with nothing working: So I just opened the administrator zone account, and the background was black, everything was gone except for the trash can, window button, search, wifi, notification, battery. Only the trash can button worked, the rest didn’t respond cmd work, win + r also workPls help me...
  3. Black screen shows nothing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen shows nothing: Hi guys . Yesterday my laptop Model : NX.A23SV.004 requested to update the operating system. But while updating, my laptop shows the message "The upgrade process has been suspended because your battery charge is too low. Please plug in a power source; the process will...
  4. Windows store downloads nothing, literally nothing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows store downloads nothing, literally nothing.: So, it must've been asked many times before here but I tried every solution I could find on the internet and so far nothing worked. Basically I've been having trouble with the Windows Store for as long as I can remember, but that aside. About a month ago I uninstalled Dolby...
  5. My computer's screen shows nothing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer's screen shows nothing: My computer's screen shows nothing. It shows no images are showing on he screen. How should i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computers-screen-shows-nothing/7c418f06-816a-4709-9cbb-856d007fb87b
  6. Black screen with cursor, nothing works.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with cursor, nothing works.: Don't know if this is the right sub to ask for help, but well, when I log in, my desktop doesn't load. Only my mouse is there. I'm on a Asus Ultrabook S46C. Task manager doesn't open in any way. FN + Esc + Power also don't work. I have Process Lasso installed, and he do...
  7. Absolutely NOTHING on my computer works

Absolutely NOTHING on my computer works: Ok so I downloaded a game overnight on my laptop Acer Predator Helios 300. I had my laptop on sleep and when I woke it up in the morning everything was working fine. I then went to go clean something and when I came back and powered on my computer, windows 10 was literally...
  8. Nothing with my computer works!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nothing with my computer works!!: I've for one week now tried to solve the issues on my computer but everything just seems to get worse and worse. It all started when i tried to update my Nvidia graphic card drivers. When I tried installing Geforce Experience I got an error message and the same thing...
  9. My computer is literally stuck in a loop.

My computer is literally stuck in a loop.: I've tried all of the advanced options and none of them work. It won't even let me reset the computer. I dont know what to do! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-literally-stuck-in-a-loop/186c96d7-0268-4af2-9922-d09ec32110d5
  10. Screen is blank. Nothing but black.

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen is blank. Nothing but black.: Ok, I had a problem with my start button not working so I followed a video which suggested to go into config and click on safe mode and restart the computer. well since then the computer starts but nothing but a black screen. Tried pressing all the f numbers, f8 etc and...