Windows 10: my computer screen is stuck on black literally nothing works

Discus and support my computer screen is stuck on black literally nothing works in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was just using my laptop and then my screen went completely black. I tried leaving it to charge, and i tried to like turn the power on and off to see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by zjjjj_461, Jul 11, 2021.

1. zjjjj_461 Win User

my computer screen is stuck on black literally nothing works

I was just using my laptop and then my screen went completely black. I tried leaving it to charge, and i tried to like turn the power on and off to see if the screen would go back to normal but it didnt. also when i tried turning on my laptop the acer logo that usually pops up doesnt show at all, like my screen is black, but i can still hear the start up noises.

:)

zjjjj_461, Jul 11, 2021
  2. Hendry Win User

Windows 10 stuck at black screen

hi, i tried upgrading my windows 7, but failed 5 times.
    step 1 on copying files are 100%
    step 2 installing features n updates are 100%
    step 3 FAILED, it stuck on black screen and freeze, nothing i can do besides force restart and its restored to my windows 7 back.

any idea how to solve this? it's always stuck at 75% step 2 and when go to step 3 is freeze ( 5 times in row, i'm thinking give up or buy new laptop with windows 10*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin)

p.s i'm currently downloading ISO file to blank DVD hopefully it's worksmy computer screen is stuck on black literally nothing works :)

Hendry, Jul 11, 2021
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 11, 2021
  4. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Jul 11, 2021
Thema:

1. my computer screen is stuck on black literally nothing works - Similar Threads - computer screen stuck

2. My computer is stuck on a black screen and nothing is working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is stuck on a black screen and nothing is working: I have a HP ProBook 430 G5 running on windows 11 and the screen has gone black, nothing seems to be working. I’ve tried every key bind, shortcut and all options everything has been tried. There is no error message to display. The last thing before it started was a blank white...
  3. My computer is stuck on a black screen and nothing is working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is stuck on a black screen and nothing is working: I have a HP ProBook 430 G5 running on windows 11 and the screen has gone black, nothing seems to be working. I’ve tried every key bind, shortcut and all options everything has been tried. There is no error message to display. The last thing before it started was a blank white...
  4. Black screen and nothing works

Black screen and nothing works: Hello, I'm experiencing black screen with cursor and all the hacks Ive used don't work e.g Win+shift+ctrl+b, ctrl+alt+delete, ctrl+shift+ESC. Even shift and restart to safe mode doesn't work. It's just stuck on black. I've watched almost all YouTube videos but nothing works...
  5. Black screen and nothing works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen and nothing works: Hello, I'm experiencing black screen with cursor and all the hacks Ive used don't work e.g Win+shift+ctrl+b, ctrl+alt+delete, ctrl+shift+ESC. Even shift and restart to safe mode doesn't work. It's just stuck on black. I've watched almost all YouTube videos but nothing works...
  6. Black screen and nothing works

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Literally nothing works

Literally nothing works: SoSome of the programs and files won't start/open, including the search bar and settingsSafe mode won't enable nor through msconfig nor through [Shift] + Restart nor through holding F8 sfc /scannow crushesNothing in msconfig window workschkdsk did nothingRestarting File...
  8. Literally nothing works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Literally nothing works: SoSome of the programs and files won't start/open, including the search bar and settingsSafe mode won't enable nor through msconfig nor through [Shift] + Restart nor through holding F8 sfc /scannow crushesNothing in msconfig window workschkdsk did nothingRestarting File...
  9. Literally nothing works

10. My computer is literally stuck in a loop.

My computer is literally stuck in a loop.: I've tried all of the advanced options and none of them work. It won't even let me reset the computer. I dont know what to do! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-literally-stuck-in-a-loop/186c96d7-0268-4af2-9922-d09ec32110d5