Windows 10: My computer screen keeps freezing

Discus and support My computer screen keeps freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, My computer keeps freezing up. All I know is that everything stops, I cannot move the mouse or anything, but the audio still works. From what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by The Blue Screen Of Death, Oct 6, 2020.

1. My computer screen keeps freezing

Hello,

My computer keeps freezing up. All I know is that everything stops, I cannot move the mouse or anything, but the audio still works.

From what I know, Event viewer displays this:

MDM ConfigurationManager: Command failure status. Configuraton Source ID: {08B17673-EA16-4CE6-B1E0-30BE13331B3D}, Enrollment Type: FamilySafety, CSP Name: AppLocker, Command Type: Clear: first phase of Delete, Result: ./Vendor/MSFT/AppLocker/FamilySafety/FamilySafetyGroup.

I am not entirely sure if this is the cause of the freezing, but the error happened when it froze, so I think that may be the cause.

So far, the only way to unfreeze it is hard-resetting it.

I hope someone knows the answer to this!

:)

The Blue Screen Of Death, Oct 6, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 6, 2020
  3. aries117 Win User
    Computer Keeps Freezing

It froze again, and the common problem I see throughout most of the freezes is a driver atksgt.sys being blocked from loading. It is related to Tages Protection from Tages SA and it says it has a driver that is installed that causes stability problems with my system. It says it will be disabled but I think this is why my pc keeps freezing. Any suggestions as to what it may be for and/or if I can get rid of it and how?

I never downloaded a program from Tages SA so I am not sure what it could be from.

aries117, Oct 6, 2020
  4. mikesil23 Win User

My computer screen keeps freezing

Windows 10 keeps freezing my computer randomly

I have done these boilerplate "solutions" so many times the computer almost does them by itself.

It does appear that Microsoft is making some small effort on the problem (without even admitting that it exists). Over the past 18 months I have noticed:

• the interval between freezes has improved from about every 2 operating hours to about 12 hours, on average
    • the hard reset after a freeze no longer throws Win10 into one of its weird states from which it used have great difficulty recovering. Now when a freeze happens I can do power off, wait, power on and get a normal startup.
    So keep up the good work, guys. Our great-great-great-grandchildren will thank you for it.

mikesil23, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

My computer screen keeps freezing

1. My computer screen keeps freezing - Similar Threads - computer screen keeps

2. My computer screen is freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer screen is freezing: Computer screen is freezing but computer is staying on, can't alt-tab or ctrl-alt-del have to hard restart. This was one of the errors SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎4/‎07/‎2023 8:08 PMStatusReport sentDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop...
  3. My computer screen is freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer screen is freezing: Computer screen is freezing but computer is staying on, can't alt-tab or ctrl-alt-del have to hard restart. This was one of the errors SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎4/‎07/‎2023 8:08 PMStatusReport sentDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop...
  4. My computer keeps crashing and freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer keeps crashing and freezing: So my windows 10 keeps crashing and it says critical process died or previous system shutdown was unexpected also says dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation...
  5. My computer keeps freezing...

My computer keeps freezing...: Hello, It appears that my 2015 Acer Aspire ES1-512 has chosen to just give up on me and freeze for no reason. This was after the 20H2 update but seems to occur now no matter the operating system. How do I know this? After some research, I concluded that the Windows...
  6. My computer keeps freezing/going to Blue Screen

My computer keeps freezing/going to Blue Screen: My computer keeps crashing when I'm playing games such as Destiny 2 and Roblox. I'm looking at the CLSID and APPID when my computer freezes. But their different numbers every time. And sometimes it even says unavailable. When I'm playing Destiny 2 it freezes and makes the...
  7. My computer keeps freezing up

My computer keeps freezing up: I haven't had this problem before, but in the last couple of days my computer keeps freezing up on some games, not all. Can you help me with this problem? Thanks...
  8. Computer keeps freezing, cutting to grey screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer keeps freezing, cutting to grey screen: Hey, I've been having a serious issue with my desktop computer for some time now. The computer will randomly, regardless of what I'm doing, cut to a grey screen, white screen, black screen, or a screen with colored stripes. I've tried clean reinstalling my GPU drivers but...
  9. My computer keeps freezing

My computer keeps freezing: I have Windows 10 and my computer is freezing. It is a new computer so I am confused as to why this would be happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-freezing/492eaedf-f0bb-4217-81f6-24f672e4daeb
  10. my computer keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my computer keeps freezing: Brand new computers keep freezing because of updates. This downs the computer for days at times https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-freezing/a42a805a-8b92-4658-a845-683988ad76b3