Windows 10: my computer seems to be locked on main screen with no apps showing

Discus and support my computer seems to be locked on main screen with no apps showing in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; With my new HP Notebook, 15-db0108ca. When I turn it on, all I get is my background picture, and my task bar that doesn't work. All my apps have... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Darlene_one, Apr 13, 2020.

1. my computer seems to be locked on main screen with no apps showing

With my new HP Notebook, 15-db0108ca. When I turn it on, all I get is my background picture, and my task bar that doesn't work. All my apps have disappeared. I have windows 10. Can someone help me.

:)

Darlene_one, Apr 13, 2020
  2. shobhitk Win User

None of the Apps showing up on Lock Screen!

Nope that did not help. I guess the steps mentioned there are primarily for the issue of the Lockscreen Apps not being shown as an option in the Settings>Personalization>Lock screen settings page.

My issue is that even though i select those apps from the settings menu but they dont show any status on the Lockscreen.

shobhitk, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Windows10users, Apr 13, 2020
  4. my computer seems to be locked on main screen with no apps showing

Lock screen problem in Win 10

Hi Graham,

Changing some settings on your computer may help resolve. Follow the steps below to show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization, then Lock screen.
    • Turn ON Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen switch.
    • Lock your computer to test.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

my computer seems to be locked on main screen with no apps showing

1. my computer seems to be locked on main screen with no apps showing - Similar Threads - computer seems locked

2. Weather app doesn't show on lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weather app doesn't show on lock screen: I don't know if Windows update or app update messed it up, but apparently something messed it up and weather app isn't showing on lock screen anymore. I have set weather app as a detailed app status on a lockscreen. In privacy and location weather app is enabled too. I...
  3. Weather app doesn't show on lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weather app doesn't show on lock screen: I don't know if Windows update or app update messed it up, but apparently something messed it up and weather app isn't showing on lock screen anymore. I have set weather app as a detailed app status on a lockscreen. In privacy and location weather app is enabled too. I...
  4. Lock screen not showing weather or other apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock screen not showing weather or other apps: I'm on Windows 10 Pro and the latest update version 20H2 for a month or 2 now. And up to date on all Windows Updates from what I see. In Setting > Personalisation > Lock Screen The Choose which app to show detailed status on the lock screen I choose Weather. On the Choose...
  5. Apps not showing status on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps not showing status on Lock Screen: Today, for the first time, the MSN Weather App is not now showing on the Lock Screen. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the App. I have also tried the Windows Store App Troubleshooter, the DISM tool and scannow. The problem occurs if I select Spotlight or Picture for...
  6. None of the Apps showing up on Lock Screen!

None of the Apps showing up on Lock Screen!: Hi everybody, I was just checking out the features of windows 10 when i came across the apps-on-the-lock screen feature (in Personalization settings). I tried setting up weather app, calendar and alarm app but NONE of them are showing up on the Lockscreen. Is it because...
  7. Lock screen apps not showing up on lock screen

Lock screen apps not showing up on lock screen: I've tried searching through the forum but can't see anyone who has a similar issue. I can access the lock screen settings and I can see all available apps and have set a detailed status app and a couple of less detailed ones. However, when I actually get to the lock...
  8. Apps don't show info on Lock screen

Apps don't show info on Lock screen: Hello, I don't understand this, so apparently there are to ways to view info from certain apps on the Lock Screen but there are bugs that don't make it work: 1. A Detailed status; selecting the Mail app as for the detailed status doesn't show anything at all. All other...
  9. Apps not showing on lock screen

Apps not showing on lock screen: When I go to my lock screen (win key and L), I don't have any apps. I selected Favebook and weather but nothing shows. I downloaded an app called Chameleon but that doesn't do anything. I have Win10 home, Gateway, 6gb ram, intel i3 3.3 ghz. 13049
  10. Computer seems restarting at lock option

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer seems restarting at lock option: my laptop sometime "restarts" when i lock it. basically sometimes when i will leave my room even just for a couple of minutes i will lock it using "acer power button" then when i came back i'll just input my password again then i'm back to normal. but sometimes my laptop...