Windows 10: My computer shows no internet connection for 5GHz Wi-Fi

Discus and support My computer shows no internet connection for 5GHz Wi-Fi in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My computer supports 5g and all my drivers are updated. I can connect to a 5g wifi network but it shows no internet connection whereas my laptop that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sumit Khanduri, Jan 19, 2023.

1. My computer shows no internet connection for 5GHz Wi-Fi

My computer supports 5g and all my drivers are updated. I can connect to a 5g wifi network but it shows no internet connection whereas my laptop that is right next to my computer is able to connect fine and has internet connection.

:)

Sumit Khanduri, Jan 19, 2023

2. Can't connect to a 5Ghz Wi-Fi network in Windows 11

Hi NBG. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, here to help you.

All available fixes are here for forcing connection to 5ghz network in Windows 11. Please work through each step in each link until one works:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-force-wif...

(Avoid ad links which intrude into editorial copy, especially avoid Restoro, PC Repair Tool and Reimage ads)

https://www.bollyinside.com/articles/how-to-ena...

https://whatsabyte.com/internet/connect-5ghz-wi...

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-fix-5ghz-networ...

https://gearupwindows.com/how-to-force-wi-fi-to...

https://www.auslogics.com/en/articles/fix-windo...

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020, Jan 19, 2023
  3. johnny234 Win User
    Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Jan 19, 2023
  4. My computer shows no internet connection for 5GHz Wi-Fi

Nokia Wi-Fi 5Ghz Unable to find and connect

Ok I encounter this issue after I enable airplane mode and turn on Wi-Fi and it shows all of the 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi networks available however it can't find or show the 5Ghz Wi-Fi network and when I turn off Airplane mode it shows ups and automatically connects
    so I believe this is an minor bug because I never encountered this kind of behavior.

haccord3885, Jan 19, 2023
Thema:

My computer shows no internet connection for 5GHz Wi-Fi

1. My computer shows no internet connection for 5GHz Wi-Fi - Similar Threads - computer shows internet

2. 5GHz Wi-Fi Connectivity issue Win-11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    5GHz Wi-Fi Connectivity issue Win-11: It seems that my laptop is unable to connect to the 5GHz network. Previously, I had no trouble connecting, but now it struggles to authenticate my device. After entering the password, it spends some time in "verifying and connecting" before ultimately failing to connect to...
  3. Wi-fi is connected but there is no internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi is connected but there is no internet.: My PC is connected to my wi-fi and it shows that I have internet but whenever i go to a browser or another app it shows that no internet connection. But I can use my wi-fi on other devices....
  4. Wi-fi is connected but there is no internet.

Wi-fi is connected but there is no internet.: My PC is connected to my wi-fi and it shows that I have internet but whenever i go to a browser or another app it shows that no internet connection. But I can use my wi-fi on other devices....
  5. My computer shows no internet connection for 5GHz Wi-Fi

My computer shows no internet connection for 5GHz Wi-Fi: My computer supports 5g and all my drivers are updated. I can connect to a 5g wifi network but it shows no internet connection whereas my laptop that is right next to my computer is able to connect fine and has internet connection....
  6. Wi-Fi not Showing connections!

Wi-Fi not Showing connections!: hello! I have installed windows 10 and trying to connect my Wi-Fi but cant, While i click the Wi-Fi its freeze and not responding or show Wi-Fi connections. I have reinstall drivers, uncheck the allow the computer to turn off this device to save power, troubleshooter tells me...
  7. Wi-fi connected, but no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi connected, but no internet: I'm having issues with my wifi connection on my laptop running Windows 10. When I try to connect, I'm getting a message that it's connected, but no internet. I was connected just fine an hour ago.I cannot try anything with the physical router, because my connection is...
  8. Wi-fi connected, but no internet

Wi-fi connected, but no internet: I'm having issues with my wifi connection on my laptop running Windows 10. When I try to connect, I'm getting a message that it's connected, but no internet. I was connected just fine an hour ago.I cannot try anything with the physical router, because my connection is...
  9. Wi-fi connected, but no internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Wi-fi showing as not connected but internet working in browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-fi showing as not connected but internet working in browsers: Hi, I am using windows 10 on HP Notebook. The wi-fi is showing as not connected but I am able to browse in google chrome or any other browser for that matter. However windows updates, HP drivers update using HP Support Assistant etc are not working as they are showing as no...