Windows 10: My computer shut down without warning.

Discus and support My computer shut down without warning. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I used my computer for a while but then it shut down without warning. I turned it back on and 5 minutes later, it shut down again. If I wait a long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Frocalo, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Frocalo Win User

My computer shut down without warning.

I used my computer for a while but then it shut down without warning. I turned it back on and 5 minutes later, it shut down again. If I wait a long time I am able to use it for longer. If I turn it back on immediately, I'm only able to use it for a short time. How do I fix this? My computer was working well for a year.

:)

Frocalo, Apr 1, 2020

2. Computer shuts down with no warnings

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing power problems in the system. I will certainly help you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. Did you make any changes in the power settings of the computer?

This might be due to the corrupt power plan settings i suggest you to try running the Power Troubleshooter to check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Run the Power troubleshooter on the system.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter
    Further you can try creating a new power plan according to your preference. Refer the link below for more details on Power Plans.

Power Plans: frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

(Steps in the article, applies to Windows 10).

Hope this helps regarding the power settings of the system. Please contact us if you are facing issues further we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Apr 1, 2020
  3. xarzu Win User
    My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

xarzu, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Caftoto Win User

Computer shuts down with no warnings

My Computer is suddenly beginning to shut down with no warning.

It is an old laptop, but has begun on this habbit after installing windows 10. It is rather old. More than 6 years old.

I have tried troubleshooting it on the power supply,but it hasn't solved it.

Any good ideas what to do?

Caftoto, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

1. My computer shut down without warning. - Similar Threads - computer shut down

2. Windows 11 shutting down without warning.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 shutting down without warning.: Just as the title says, the system is randomly shutting down without warning. The event viewer shows event 6008 unexpected shutdown or it shows event 1074 user initiated shutdown with reason code 0x500ff and offers no further explanation. I have re-installed the OS. I have...
  3. Windows 11 shutting down without warning.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 shutting down without warning.: Just as the title says, the system is randomly shutting down without warning. The event viewer shows event 6008 unexpected shutdown or it shows event 1074 user initiated shutdown with reason code 0x500ff and offers no further explanation. I have re-installed the OS. I have...
  4. My laptop's shutting down when battery is at 35% it shuts down without any warning.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop's shutting down when battery is at 35% it shuts down without any warning.: My laptop shutting down when battery level comes to 30-40% without any warning it shuts down i know that it warns when the battery level comes to 15% but my laptop doesn't even come to 15% it shuts down before that like when it's 35% . Please I want to know that is it windows...
  5. My laptop's shutting down when battery is at 35% it shuts down without any warning.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop's shutting down when battery is at 35% it shuts down without any warning.: My laptop shutting down when battery level comes to 30-40% without any warning it shuts down i know that it warns when the battery level comes to 15% but my laptop doesn't even come to 15% it shuts down before that like when it's 35% . Please I want to know that is it windows...
  6. Laptop shuts down without warning

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down without warning: My Windows 10 Home Basic laptop has been shutting down without any warnings or even a shutting down message, just blanks out and loss of power. Then it does not power on until I plug it in with a charger. And once after it is plugged in, it boots up and suddenly the battery...
  7. computer is shutting down without warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer is shutting down without warning: My win10 home shuts down without warning since a few days. It does not matter whether it's on high load or just idling. It will just shut down. It does not crash, nor bsod, windows just shuts down. I have since tried a lot of solutions, from changing power settings to...
  8. My laptop keeps shutting down without warning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop keeps shutting down without warning: hi, my laptop just shuts down without warning, it usually happens when i have a game on, even something light like roblox, before it never use to happen, i did switch out my hard drive, but after that it nver used to do that, i dont think it is a hardware problem because it...
  9. My Laptop Shutting Down in sudden without warning

My Laptop Shutting Down in sudden without warning: I have HP probook 430 g1 laptop, and when it's battery comes down arround 20% Then it's goes shutdown without warning. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-shutting-down-in-sudden-without-warning/94911e78-fa58-4669-bd5b-b32475124ef0
  10. HP Laptop shutting down without warning.

HP Laptop shutting down without warning.: Hello, I have been having an issue with my HP Laptop for a few days, my device would shut itself down when the battery is around 20-30% without warning and before the battery saver mode is turned on which is supposed to give me plenty of time to plug the charger in. Once I...