Windows 10: My computer shutdown and restart after an update. How do I fix this?

Discus and support My computer shutdown and restart after an update. How do I fix this? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My computer shutdown and restart after an update. How do I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ALLENPH06, Aug 15, 2022.

1. ALLENPH06 Win User

My computer shutdown and restart after an update. How do I fix this?

:)

ALLENPH06, Aug 15, 2022
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Quick Tip: Easily Shutdown or Restart WITHOUT Installing Updates.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has been in the situation of needing to shutdown a computer quickly, but there are updates waiting to install. Previous to Windows 8 you could at least restart without being forced to install the updates, and if you are quick you could hit the power button when the computer begins to POST and the computer will turn off. With Windows 8, now even restarting forces you to install the updates. You could use the cmd and Shutdown.exe to shutdown the machine, but I'm getting old and try to avoid the command prompt as much as possible.

Anyway, the easy way I've found to Shutdown or Restart without being forced to install the updates is to hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and use the power button in the bottom right on the screen that comes up. For whatever reason, this power button is the only one I've found in Windows 7/8 that gives the option to Shutdown or Restart without installing the updates.

Thought I'd share.

newtekie1, Aug 15, 2022
  3. Midnite8 Win User
    Cannot Shutdown or Restart W8.1

Hey guys, I am having this problem where I cannot Restart or Shutdown unless I just do a hard shutdown. I refreshed my computer and slowly installed updates while creating restore points before installing. After the second set of updates everything seemed ok but after a few, the problem showed up again. I tried to do a System Restore but it fails because I cannot Restart to complete the process.

Midnite8, Aug 15, 2022
  4. Midnite8 Win User

Cannot Shutdown or Restart W8.1

First update pack was successful and I can shutdown and restart normally.

Midnite8, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

1. My computer shutdown and restart after an update. How do I fix this? - Similar Threads - computer shutdown restart

2. How Do I Automatically Shutdown my Computer after Idle?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Automatically Shutdown my Computer after Idle?: I want my Windows 11 Laptop to restart after an hour of being idle and this is what I put in task scheduler:It doesn't do anything though, it never triggers or starts or runs on its own....
  3. How Do I Automatically Shutdown my Computer after Idle?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do I Automatically Shutdown my Computer after Idle?: I want my Windows 11 Laptop to restart after an hour of being idle and this is what I put in task scheduler:It doesn't do anything though, it never triggers or starts or runs on its own....
  4. Windows 11 can't shutdown .... only restarts or force shutdown, how do i fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 can't shutdown .... only restarts or force shutdown, how do i fix this?: Just was having a normal day on my laptop yesterday ... and when I pressed the shutdown option in the start menu as normally should be done and instead of shutting down... it restarts. So I'm forced to force shutdown by pressing the power button on my keyboard I got an acer...
  5. Windows 11 can't shutdown .... only restarts or force shutdown, how do i fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 can't shutdown .... only restarts or force shutdown, how do i fix this?: Just was having a normal day on my laptop yesterday ... and when I pressed the shutdown option in the start menu as normally should be done and instead of shutting down... it restarts. So I'm forced to force shutdown by pressing the power button on my keyboard I got an acer...
  6. My computer shutdown and restart after an update. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer shutdown and restart after an update. How do I fix this?: My computer shutdown and restart after an update. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-shutdown-and-restart-after-an-update/f4903f6f-47c4-461e-b365-6cac36842ed7
  7. My computer shutdown and restart after an update. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer shutdown and restart after an update. How do I fix this?: My computer shutdown and restart after an update. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-shutdown-and-restart-after-an-update/f4903f6f-47c4-461e-b365-6cac36842ed7
  8. Computer restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer restarts after shutdown: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BigBossXDiana [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m6gx5r/computer_restarts_after_shutdown/
  9. Computer restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer restarts after shutdown: Hello, A while ago, my pc started to restart after I try to shut it down. The things that I have already tried is: -using cmd to shutdown -disabling fast boot -disabling wake timers both in advanced power settings and task scheduler -disabling auto restart after...
  10. Computer automatically restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer automatically restarts after shutdown: Windows 10 kept wanting to restart after it has been shutdown. The computer would have its power indicator turned off for maybe 2 seconds, then you hear the fan whirling and the BIOS screen appears followed by the usual boot process. I don't know how this would help, but...