Windows 10: my computer shuts down then reboots about every 5 to 7 minutes - all by itself. any...

Discus and support my computer shuts down then reboots about every 5 to 7 minutes - all by itself. any... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My desktop computer shuts down and reboots all by itself about every 5-7 minutes. My computer guy said that all the hardware is fine and that I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by WilliamRaaker, Jun 19, 2020.

1. my computer shuts down then reboots about every 5 to 7 minutes - all by itself. any...

My desktop computer shuts down and reboots all by itself about every 5-7 minutes. My computer guy said that all the hardware is fine and that I need to reinstall windows 10. any suggestions.

:)

WilliamRaaker, Jun 19, 2020

2. Computer reboots after 5 minutes with windows 10 but works fine with windows 7

I have a problem with a Dell precision tower 3620 which works fine in Windows 7.

When i use Windows 10 then after every 5 minutes (exactly 5 minutes to the second) the computer reboots.

There is nothing to find in the eventviewer apart from the logs of the unexpected reboot.

I have updated all drivers by downloading them from the Dell website.

I don't know what to do next, its puzzling me for a day now.

Ron Oosterwijk, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Thagstrom Win User
    Computer reboots after 5 minutes with windows 10 but works fine with windows 7

Hello! I am an Independent Advisor, I would love to help you out!

You mention you updated all the drivers, but do you also install all windows updates? I imagine that could be difficult if it reboots every 5 minutes.

When it reboots does it give an error message? Blue screen? Does it look like it is shutting down normally, or is it shutting down immediately?

Thagstrom, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

my computer shuts down then reboots about every 5 to 7 minutes - all by itself. any...

System Reboots after about 5 minutes of inactivity

Hi Allen,

Let's try to isolate the cause of the issue. We suggest that you follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter to find and fix problems with your computer's power settings. Check your power settings if your computer is set to sleep or hibernate after 5 minutes of inactivity. To run the troubleshooter, follow
    the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Under Power, click on Power.

Method 2: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files. For steps on how to run the System File Checker tool, check the following link:

Use the System File Checker tool

Method 3: Check if all the devices on your computer have the latest driver. Refer to this link for steps on how to update drivers:

Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

my computer shuts down then reboots about every 5 to 7 minutes - all by itself. any...

1. my computer shuts down then reboots about every 5 to 7 minutes - all by itself. any... - Similar Threads - computer shuts down

2. MY LAPTOP SHUT DOWNS EVERY 5 MINUTES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MY LAPTOP SHUT DOWNS EVERY 5 MINUTES: BEFORE TOTALLY SHUTTING DOWN, THE FF WORDS APPEARS ON MY LAP TOP.Stop code:KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLEDWhat failed:Ndu.sysYour kind technical advice is highly appreciated.Best regards,Arnel...
  3. MY LAPTOP SHUT DOWNS EVERY 5 MINUTES

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MY LAPTOP SHUT DOWNS EVERY 5 MINUTES: BEFORE TOTALLY SHUTTING DOWN, THE FF WORDS APPEARS ON MY LAP TOP.Stop code:KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLEDWhat failed:Ndu.sysYour kind technical advice is highly appreciated.Best regards,Arnel...
  4. MY LAPTOP SHUT DOWNS EVERY 5 MINUTES

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. my computer is shutting down after 5 minutes of being closed

my computer is shutting down after 5 minutes of being closed: when i close my laptop lid it shuts down in about 5 minutes. why is it doing this? usually it sleeps until it runs out of charge and my charge was fine...
  6. my computer is shutting down after 5 minutes of being closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer is shutting down after 5 minutes of being closed: when i close my laptop lid it shuts down in about 5 minutes. why is it doing this? usually it sleeps until it runs out of charge and my charge was fine...
  7. my computer is shutting down after 5 minutes of being closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. PC shuts down and reboots by itself

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC shuts down and reboots by itself: Hello guys! Recently i ran into a pretty unusual problem with my pc. My computer will run for some timesometimes 5 minutes sometimes a few hours and then randomly shut down with the shutting down screen from windows 10.After it shuts down, it reboots itself and continues to...
  9. computer shuts down about every 5-7 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer shuts down about every 5-7 minutes: I have Windows 10 Pro and last year this happened and now it is happening again. It shuts down every 5-7 minutes all by itself. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shuts-down-about-every-5-7-minutes/079f5970-0d01-4a0c-a4e3-ec6ef354445e
  10. My computer is shutting down by itself

My computer is shutting down by itself: My PC shuts down by itself after being on 24 hours or so sometimes longer sometimes within a day. When I restart it it has to load META data and usually finishes up the POST and loads Windows. Any ideas? Or can anyone tell me where to find the error logs for windows and what...