Windows 10: My computer shuts down unexpectedly and I get a Kernal-Power error Event Id: 41 Task...

Discus and support My computer shuts down unexpectedly and I get a Kernal-Power error Event Id: 41 Task... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For many months now my pc has been restarting unexpectedly and I have been getting Kernal-Power Critical Errors Event Id: 41 Task Category 63. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NeilKapur, Apr 20, 2021.

1. NeilKapur Win User

My computer shuts down unexpectedly and I get a Kernal-Power error Event Id: 41 Task...

For many months now my pc has been restarting unexpectedly and I have been getting Kernal-Power Critical Errors Event Id: 41 Task Category 63. I have tried following other forums related to this but so far nothing has worked. I have also tried getting the dmp files but in my Windows folder, there is no folder called minidump. I have my Startup and Recovery settings set to: Write an event to the system log - Checked, Automatically Restart - Unchecked, Small memory dump 256 KB, and the directory to %SystemRoot%\Minidump, but still no minidump file exists. I built this pc in December last year and started having the problem pretty soon after. I have tried swapping out the power supply, and that seemed to work for a bit but eventually, the random restarts came back. I eventually resorted to fully resetting my pc thinking it may be some corrupted driver issue and the error again stopped for a while and then came back. I am out of options and severely need help, I cannot get anything done without my pc restarting randomly, I will be surprised if I can even write this all without it restarting It has happened three times today.

Information:

Pc Specs:

Edition: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Version 20H2

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor 3.49 GHz
    Ram: 64.0 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 please don't let this be the problem

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX x570-E Gaming

Storage: 2 x SanDisk 2Tb Internal SSD

Event Viewer Details:

BugcheckCode0
    BugcheckParameter10x0
    BugcheckParameter20x0
    BugcheckParameter30x0
    BugcheckParameter40x0
    SleepInProgress0
    PowerButtonTimestamp0
    BootAppStatus0
    Checkpoint0
    ConnectedStandbyInProgressfalse
    SystemSleepTransitionsToOn0
    CsEntryScenarioInstanceId0
    BugcheckInfoFromEFIfalse
    CheckpointStatus0
    CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV20

LongPowerButtonPressDetectedfalse

Please let me know your thoughts, thank you ver much.

:)

NeilKapur, Apr 20, 2021

2. Kernel-Power Event ID 41 Task 63

Hello,

The kernel power event ID 41 error may happen when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly.

To help resolve your concern, kindly follow the steps created by Nyima Yonten on this

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Raymond Ave, Apr 20, 2021
  3. Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 20, 2021
  4. My computer shuts down unexpectedly and I get a Kernal-Power error Event Id: 41 Task...

Michelle Vil, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

My computer shuts down unexpectedly and I get a Kernal-Power error Event Id: 41 Task...

1. My computer shuts down unexpectedly and I get a Kernal-Power error Event Id: 41 Task... - Similar Threads - computer shuts down

2. kernal power event id 41 task category 63

in Windows 10 Gaming
    kernal power event id 41 task category 63: My computer keeps freezing up and when I looked at the logs it says kernal power event id 41 task category 63. I've seen many people ask about that here and nobodies got an answer to it yet....
  3. kernal power event id 41 task category 63

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    kernal power event id 41 task category 63: My computer keeps freezing up and when I looked at the logs it says kernal power event id 41 task category 63. I've seen many people ask about that here and nobodies got an answer to it yet....
  4. Event ID 41 Kernal Power Task 63

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 41 Kernal Power Task 63: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900xMemory: 32GB DDR4 3200MHZMotherboard: ASUS X570 TUF PlusGPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB VENTUS 2X OC Video CardSo for over a month now I been banging my head against the wall trying to troubleshoot this issue. My monitor suddenly will go black and the PC...
  5. Event ID 41 Kernal Power Task 63

Event ID 41 Kernal Power Task 63: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900xMemory: 32GB DDR4 3200MHZMotherboard: ASUS X570 TUF PlusGPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB VENTUS 2X OC Video CardSo for over a month now I been banging my head against the wall trying to troubleshoot this issue. My monitor suddenly will go black and the PC...
  6. Event ID 41 Kernal Power Task 63

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Kernal-Power event ID 41 Task 63

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernal-Power event ID 41 Task 63: My PC has been crashing with the BSOD for 5 months now I have a MSI Codex R with a B460M Pro WiFi mAtx motherboard. It has an intel i5 10400F cpu, 16 gb DDr4 Ram, Geforce GTX 1660ti Graphics card, and fan cooling. I have reseated the cpu, replaced this motherboard the last...
  8. Kernal-Power event ID 41 Task 63

Kernal-Power event ID 41 Task 63: My PC has been crashing with the BSOD for 5 months now I have a MSI Codex R with a B460M Pro WiFi mAtx motherboard. It has an intel i5 10400F cpu, 16 gb DDr4 Ram, Geforce GTX 1660ti Graphics card, and fan cooling. I have reseated the cpu, replaced this motherboard the last...
  9. Unexpected Shut Down Event ID: 41 Task category 63

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unexpected Shut Down Event ID: 41 Task category 63: Whenever I play fortnite, sometimes my computer unexpectedly shuts down. My GPU is not overheating when I tested it (64 degrees celcius max) and my CPU remains at 85.2 degrees celcius when I stressed tested it. My specs GTX 1050ti 16GB of RAM AMD FX-8300 ASROCK N68-GS4...
  10. Kernal Power Event ID 41 Task 63 problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Kernal Power Event ID 41 Task 63 problems: For the last month, my computer has been getting the Kernal power problems, and I thought I'd go open my computer to clean it out (I admit, was two months since I last did a full clean out) and I've unplugged and replugged all connectors and cables just in case some of it...