Windows 10: My computer shuts off when I try to sign in

Discus and support My computer shuts off when I try to sign in in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! So every time when my computer turns on, I try to sign in and it takes me to log into my Microsoft. I do so then it turns off and makes me do it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Whoisalliyah, Dec 29, 2022.

1. My computer shuts off when I try to sign in

Hi! So every time when my computer turns on, I try to sign in and it takes me to log into my Microsoft. I do so then it turns off and makes me do it multiple times over and over. I am not able to get into my computer.. I’ve tried turning it on and off.. please help!

:)

Whoisalliyah, Dec 29, 2022

2. shutting down computer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue.

• Did you try to shut down the computer manually by pressing Alt + F4 or Alt + Ctrl + Delete?
    • Did you try sign-out from the account and restart the computer?
    I suggest you to install all the available update and check if it resolves the issue.

I also suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Power.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 29, 2022
  3. xarzu Win User
    My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

xarzu, Dec 29, 2022
  4. My computer shuts off when I try to sign in

Cannot sign in to Windows 10

Hi Riley,

Corrupted user profile may have caused the issue you're experiencing with signing in to your computer. To check if that is really the case, we suggest that you start your computer in safe mode. To do that, you can refer to the steps in this

article
    . Since you cannot get past to the screen with date and time, you may have to force a shut down and reboot twice to get to the screen that offers you to restart in safe mode. You can perform the following steps to do that:

• Shut down your computer using the power button.
    • Reboot, then wait for manufacturers logo to appear.
    • Shut down your computer again using the power button.
    • The Advanced Startup Options (ASO) menu should appear. If not, continue to repeat the on/off process.
    • Follow the instructions on how to start in safe mode listed in the article we provided.

If you're able to boot into safe mode, we suggest that you create a new user account by following the steps under the
    Create a new local administrator account section of this
    article

If you have already started reinstalling Windows 10, we'd like to know how it goes and if it corrected the issue.

Keep us informed about the status of your concern.

Angela Pun, Dec 29, 2022
Thema:

My computer shuts off when I try to sign in

1. My computer shuts off when I try to sign in - Similar Threads - computer shuts off

2. When my computer shuts down, I want everybody that was signed in to automatically be signed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When my computer shuts down, I want everybody that was signed in to automatically be signed...: I'm using Windows 11 Home 22H2 and I want to ensure all accounts are forcibly signed out of whenever someone shuts down the pc or restarts it....
  3. When my computer shuts down, I want everybody that was signed in to automatically be signed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When my computer shuts down, I want everybody that was signed in to automatically be signed...: I'm using Windows 11 Home 22H2 and I want to ensure all accounts are forcibly signed out of whenever someone shuts down the pc or restarts it....
  4. When my computer is sleeping, my computer feels like it was shut down, but when I sign it...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When my computer is sleeping, my computer feels like it was shut down, but when I sign it...: So I found this annoying thing on my Windows computer when sleeping. When I try to press any key to awake the computer, the computer does not wake up. When I press the power button, it looks like the computer shuted down by itself. When I sign it on, it takes me to where I...
  5. When my computer is sleeping, my computer feels like it was shut down, but when I sign it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When my computer is sleeping, my computer feels like it was shut down, but when I sign it...: So I found this annoying thing on my Windows computer when sleeping. When I try to press any key to awake the computer, the computer does not wake up. When I press the power button, it looks like the computer shuted down by itself. When I sign it on, it takes me to where I...
  6. When my computer is sleeping, my computer feels like it was shut down, but when I sign it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My computer shuts off when I try to sign in

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My computer shuts off when I try to sign in: Hi! So every time when my computer turns on, I try to sign in and it takes me to log into my Microsoft. I do so then it turns off and makes me do it multiple times over and over. I am not able to get into my computer.. I’ve tried turning it on and off.. please help!...
  8. My computer shuts off when I try to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer shuts off when I try to sign in: Hi! So every time when my computer turns on, I try to sign in and it takes me to log into my Microsoft. I do so then it turns off and makes me do it multiple times over and over. I am not able to get into my computer.. I’ve tried turning it on and off.. please help!...
  9. My computer will always restart when I try to shut it down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer will always restart when I try to shut it down: My computer is on dual boot with ubuntu and whenever I click on shutdown, the computer by itself doesn't even restart, Windows immediately restart. What can I do to prevent this ? submitted by /u/Dracodyck [link] [comments]...
  10. Computer randomly shuts off when not in use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer randomly shuts off when not in use: I have been noticing that sometimes when I leave my Laptop running with the lid shut, I will come back to it hours later to find it has shut off. other times the fan will be running for some time after closing the lid. One time, I shut the lid one afternoon, and when I...