Windows 10: My Computer Sleeps even though I told it not to

Discus and support My Computer Sleeps even though I told it not to in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I have a problem concerning my laptop sleeping. In my power options, I have set it not to sleep, when charging or not. But when I ask... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Repiru, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Repiru Win User

My Computer Sleeps even though I told it not to

Hello everyone. I have a problem concerning my laptop sleeping. In my power options, I have set it not to sleep, when charging or not. But when I ask it to sleep manually, every time I open it and leave it idle, it sleeps. The problem goes away when I restart my laptop but when I ask it to sleep again, the problem repeats.

:)

Repiru, Nov 16, 2018
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Computer sleeping

Hi,

For us to better understand your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Is you computer going to sleep while you're using it?
    • How many minutes does it take before your computer goes to sleep?
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Nov 16, 2018
  3. David Haz Win User
    After Windows 10 Anniversary Update Computer Not Sleeping

Hello.

Does disabling the HID-Complaint Touch Screen driver resolves the issue? If yes, we suggest that you disable it and see if your device go into Sleep mode after a period of inactivity.

We also suggest to check if the settings of the Power Options of your device are set so that the device will go into Sleep mode after a period of time. You may follow the steps below to check is Sleep mode is enabled on your device:

• Press the Windows button + X, then click on
      Power Options.
    • Click Change when the computer
      sleeps.
    • Change the settings to your preferred settings.

Keep us updated on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Nov 16, 2018
  4. My Computer Sleeps even though I told it not to

Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

My Computer Sleeps even though I told it not to

1. My Computer Sleeps even though I told it not to - Similar Threads - Computer Sleeps though

2. Computer turning into sleeping mode even though the settings says never

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer turning into sleeping mode even though the settings says never: I got an issue with 3 new computers in my company, I'm the IT Tech and I just configured 3 Intel computers LAPBC710 with the last Windows 11 Pro version.One of the 3 won't update to the last W11 update I don't know why but this is the only computer of the 3 that hasn't the...
  3. Computer turning into sleeping mode even though the settings says never

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer turning into sleeping mode even though the settings says never: I got an issue with 3 new computers in my company, I'm the IT Tech and I just configured 3 Intel computers LAPBC710 with the last Windows 11 Pro version.One of the 3 won't update to the last W11 update I don't know why but this is the only computer of the 3 that hasn't the...
  4. Mobile Workstations/Laptops Going to Sleep When Screen Goes to Sleep Even Though Computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Workstations/Laptops Going to Sleep When Screen Goes to Sleep Even Though Computer...: Hello,After the May Cumulative Update KB5026372 for Windows 11 22H2 when mobile workstations and laptops screens go to sleep the computers are also being put to sleep even though they are set to never go to sleep. This is causing us to not be able to get into the machines...
  5. Mobile Workstations/Laptops Going to Sleep When Screen Goes to Sleep Even Though Computer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile Workstations/Laptops Going to Sleep When Screen Goes to Sleep Even Though Computer...: Hello,After the May Cumulative Update KB5026372 for Windows 11 22H2 when mobile workstations and laptops screens go to sleep the computers are also being put to sleep even though they are set to never go to sleep. This is causing us to not be able to get into the machines...
  6. my computer password is incorrect, even though it's right.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my computer password is incorrect, even though it's right.: Once again, the password is NOT the issue.I've tried all forum solutions like:-Checking keyboard/using on-screen keyboard-Resetting password using install disk-Microsoft account -Rebooting multiple times& the other Troubleshoot solutions did not work for me since it still...
  7. will not go to sleep even though it did before

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    will not go to sleep even though it did before: My computer will not hibernate even though it did before. I have not changed anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-not-go-to-sleep-even-though-it-did-before/31f4b1cb-71d2-49e0-ac44-fa67e33ee429
  8. My Computer Sleeps when I told it not to

My Computer Sleeps when I told it not to: Hello guys. I have a Lenovo Ideapad 310-15iKB and Windows 10 v1803. My power plan is set to high performance. My computer is set not to sleep, although when I make it set to sleep mode, it continues to sleep when I turn it back on. The problem is gone when I restart though,...
  9. Mouse wakes computer even though . . .

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse wakes computer even though . . .: Logitech M705 cordless mouse. Wakes computer if you breathe in the same room. So I opened Device Manager/mouse and unchecked "Allow this device to wake computer." Put computer to sleep, waited a few seconds and moved the mouse. Computer woke. Not using Logitech software,...
  10. Computer Keeps Going to Sleep Even Though Sleep Settings Are Off

Computer Keeps Going to Sleep Even Though Sleep Settings Are Off: Basically I've been having problems with my new laptop where it will go into sleep mode while I'm using it. All of the sleep and hibernating settings are off, but for some reason the computer still goes into sleep mode. It also seems to go into sleep mode faster when I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop sleeps even though i told it not to

2. my computer sleeps even though I told it no to

3. windows 10 computer sleeps even though power is set not to