Windows 10: My Computer Sleeps when I told it not to

Discus and support My Computer Sleeps when I told it not to in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello guys. I have a Lenovo Ideapad 310-15iKB and Windows 10 v1803. My power plan is set to high performance. My computer is set not to sleep, although... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Repiru, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Repiru Win User

My Computer Sleeps when I told it not to

Hello guys. I have a Lenovo Ideapad 310-15iKB and Windows 10 v1803. My power plan is set to high performance. My computer is set not to sleep, although when I make it set to sleep mode, it continues to sleep when I turn it back on. The problem is gone when I restart though, but that would mean I can not use sleep since the problem persists. Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

Repiru, Nov 17, 2018
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Computer sleeping

Hi,

For us to better understand your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Is you computer going to sleep while you're using it?
    • How many minutes does it take before your computer goes to sleep?
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Nov 17, 2018
  3. David Haz Win User
    After Windows 10 Anniversary Update Computer Not Sleeping

Hello.

Does disabling the HID-Complaint Touch Screen driver resolves the issue? If yes, we suggest that you disable it and see if your device go into Sleep mode after a period of inactivity.

We also suggest to check if the settings of the Power Options of your device are set so that the device will go into Sleep mode after a period of time. You may follow the steps below to check is Sleep mode is enabled on your device:

• Press the Windows button + X, then click on
      Power Options.
    • Click Change when the computer
      sleeps.
    • Change the settings to your preferred settings.

Keep us updated on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Nov 17, 2018
  4. My Computer Sleeps when I told it not to

Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

My Computer Sleeps when I told it not to

1. My Computer Sleeps when I told it not to - Similar Threads - Computer Sleeps told

2. When my computer is sleeping, my computer feels like it was shut down, but when I sign it...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When my computer is sleeping, my computer feels like it was shut down, but when I sign it...: So I found this annoying thing on my Windows computer when sleeping. When I try to press any key to awake the computer, the computer does not wake up. When I press the power button, it looks like the computer shuted down by itself. When I sign it on, it takes me to where I...
  3. When my computer is sleeping, my computer feels like it was shut down, but when I sign it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When my computer is sleeping, my computer feels like it was shut down, but when I sign it...: So I found this annoying thing on my Windows computer when sleeping. When I try to press any key to awake the computer, the computer does not wake up. When I press the power button, it looks like the computer shuted down by itself. When I sign it on, it takes me to where I...
  4. When my computer is sleeping, my computer feels like it was shut down, but when I sign it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer crashes when I put it to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes when I put it to sleep: So I usually put my pc to sleep using the win+x menu, but lately, I've noticed that my PC will turn itself off before it actually goes to sleep. The screen turns black and the PC tower will run for about 5 minutes before shutting down. When I check the event logs this is what...
  6. My computer will not sleep when it is supposed to sleep

My computer will not sleep when it is supposed to sleep: I have updated my monitor and network adaptorsI have updated my motherboard bios, my windows update latest version as of Tuesday, my drivers, my undergarmentsI have turned off Wake On Lan magic bullet on the network adaptorI have turned off allow waketimersI have turned off...
  7. Why is my computer running when it sleeps?

Why is my computer running when it sleeps?: I've had an issue for the last two years and it's getting really frustrating. I wasn't able to pinpoint what exactly causes the error but I'm now seeing a symptom that seems regular enough. Basically, my laptop Dell XPS 15 9550 has sleep problems. At first, I'd notice that...
  8. Computer won't sleep when I want it to

Computer won't sleep when I want it to: I am having this issue where, although my PC is set to sleep after 1 hour of inactivity, sometimes it just doesn't. I don't know what causes it. Sometimes it does go to sleep after 1 hour, other times it doesn't. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?...
  9. My Computer Sleeps even though I told it not to

My Computer Sleeps even though I told it not to: Hello everyone. I have a problem concerning my laptop sleeping. In my power options, I have set it not to sleep, when charging or not. But when I ask it to sleep manually, every time I open it and leave it idle, it sleeps. The problem goes away when I restart my laptop but...
  10. Computer Sleeps when I Remove Headset.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Sleeps when I Remove Headset.: Yeah, that's pretty much it. My computer goes to sleep when I unplug my headphones-not always, but often. This does not happen for other devices such as my mouse or earphones. Help? Thanks in Advance 31145

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer sleeps when set not to

2. windows 10 sleeps when told not to