Windows 10: My computer snores while it is sleeping

Discus and support My computer snores while it is sleeping in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I close a program back to my desktop my computer goes to a dark screen in about five minutes, just like I set it to do. Shortly after that it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BisonBreath, Jun 19, 2019.

1. My computer snores while it is sleeping

When I close a program back to my desktop my computer goes to a dark screen in about five minutes, just like I set it to do. Shortly after that it starts to play a two-tone chord similar to someone ringing a chime-type doorbell, but softer, like it is from a vibraphone being played with padded sticks. It does it on 30 second intervals and only quits when the power manager shuts the CPU down. Any attempt to discover what it is is futile as it quits as soon as I wiggle the mouse or hit the space bar. For now I just turn down the volume on the speaker but I am open to suggestions as to a more intelligent solution.

:)

BisonBreath, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Computer sleeping

Hi,

For us to better understand your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Is you computer going to sleep while you're using it?
    • How many minutes does it take before your computer goes to sleep?
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Jun 19, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    After Windows 10 Anniversary Update Computer Not Sleeping

Hello.

Does disabling the HID-Complaint Touch Screen driver resolves the issue? If yes, we suggest that you disable it and see if your device go into Sleep mode after a period of inactivity.

We also suggest to check if the settings of the Power Options of your device are set so that the device will go into Sleep mode after a period of time. You may follow the steps below to check is Sleep mode is enabled on your device:

• Press the Windows button + X, then click on
      Power Options.
    • Click Change when the computer
      sleeps.
    • Change the settings to your preferred settings.

Keep us updated on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Jun 19, 2019
  4. My computer snores while it is sleeping

Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

My computer snores while it is sleeping

1. My computer snores while it is sleeping - Similar Threads - computer snores while

2. Sleep button shuts down my computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep button shuts down my computer: Hi, I have recently started encountering a problem whereby my laptop shuts down when I put it to sleep, meaning that files close without saving and I have to start using autorecover and browser closes too. I have checked my power options and no issues there. I am wondering...
  3. My Computer not going to Sleep

My Computer not going to Sleep: Good Morning, I've been having issues getting my computer to sleep automatically. I've configured my desktop to sleep after 15 minutes of being idle and it won't sleep. I go through the advance settings to make sure that apps won't interfere with my computer sleeping. I use...
  4. Problem with my computer going to sleep.

Problem with my computer going to sleep.: After my computer goes to sleep, I wake it by pressing a key. The problem is that it immediately goes back to sleep and I can not wake it up. I have to shut it down. How do I solve this problem? I wonder if the problem was caused by one of several anti virus and a program...
  5. My computer's "Sleep after X" sleep is deeper than manual sleep

My computer's "Sleep after X" sleep is deeper than manual sleep: With Sleep after X minutes, all fans shut down. A mouse click or key press is required to wake the system. This is ideal. When I manually sleep via the start menu, fans stay on and mouse movement wakes the system. powercfg -a lists this: Standby (S3) Hibernate...
  6. My Computer Sleeps when I told it not to

My Computer Sleeps when I told it not to: Hello guys. I have a Lenovo Ideapad 310-15iKB and Windows 10 v1803. My power plan is set to high performance. My computer is set not to sleep, although when I make it set to sleep mode, it continues to sleep when I turn it back on. The problem is gone when I restart though,...
  7. Computer will no sleep

Computer will no sleep: When I go to put computer to sleep it won't https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-will-no-sleep/793b4a31-63f5-4c30-afb7-100d24a0d015"
  8. Crash while sleeping

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crash while sleeping: From time to time my HTPC will crash while going to sleep. There's nothing to see on screen - I just find I have to press the power button on the PC (the remote doesn't work) and the system starts up from scratch. The event log shows the crash. BlueScreenView reports...
  9. Computer will not sleep.

Computer will not sleep.: Hi, I am having trouble getting my computer to sleep. Can someone please look at this for me? 6968
  10. My computer won't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer won't go to sleep: From yesterday, my computer do a restart instead of shutdown when I click the shutdown button. I figured out that when I disable fast starup in Power options. My computer can now shutdown properly. But it can't go to sleep. I click the sleep button, it just go dark and then...