Windows 10: My computer snores while it is sleeping

Discus and support My computer snores while it is sleeping in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I close a program back to my desktop my computer goes to a dark screen in about five minutes, just like I set it to do. Shortly after that it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BisonBreath, Jun 19, 2019.

1. My computer snores while it is sleeping

When I close a program back to my desktop my computer goes to a dark screen in about five minutes, just like I set it to do. Shortly after that it starts to play a two-tone chord similar to someone ringing a chime-type doorbell, but softer, like it is from a vibraphone being played with padded sticks. It does it on 30 second intervals and only quits when the power manager shuts the CPU down. Any attempt to discover what it is is futile as it quits as soon as I wiggle the mouse or hit the space bar. For now I just turn down the volume on the speaker but I am open to suggestions as to a more intelligent solution.

:)

BisonBreath, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Computer sleeping

Hi,

For us to better understand your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Is you computer going to sleep while you're using it?
    • How many minutes does it take before your computer goes to sleep?
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Jun 19, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    After Windows 10 Anniversary Update Computer Not Sleeping

Hello.

Does disabling the HID-Complaint Touch Screen driver resolves the issue? If yes, we suggest that you disable it and see if your device go into Sleep mode after a period of inactivity.

We also suggest to check if the settings of the Power Options of your device are set so that the device will go into Sleep mode after a period of time. You may follow the steps below to check is Sleep mode is enabled on your device:

• Press the Windows button + X, then click on
      Power Options.
    • Click Change when the computer
      sleeps.
    • Change the settings to your preferred settings.

Keep us updated on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Jun 19, 2019
  4. My computer snores while it is sleeping

Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

My computer snores while it is sleeping

1. My computer snores while it is sleeping - Similar Threads - computer snores while

2. BSOD while in sleep mode - new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while in sleep mode - new computer: I have a brand new computer and have barely started using it yet I am getting BSOD when the laptop is in sleep or hibernate mode. I have checked the event log and found every error that coincides with the BSOD is a Critical System error Event ID 41, Task Category 63, Source =...
  3. BSOD while in sleep mode - new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while in sleep mode - new computer: I have a brand new computer and have barely started using it yet I am getting BSOD when the laptop is in sleep or hibernate mode. I have checked the event log and found every error that coincides with the BSOD is a Critical System error Event ID 41, Task Category 63, Source =...
  4. There is a lullaby with snoring playing on my computer, and it won't stop even when I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is a lullaby with snoring playing on my computer, and it won't stop even when I...: Hello,I was browsing discord and playing a game when suddenly, a lullaby started playing and every few seconds snoring would happen. I tried to close all of my apps and check the task manager to see if I could get rid of the sound, but that didn't work. I restarted my...
  5. There is a lullaby with snoring playing on my computer, and it won't stop even when I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is a lullaby with snoring playing on my computer, and it won't stop even when I...: Hello,I was browsing discord and playing a game when suddenly, a lullaby started playing and every few seconds snoring would happen. I tried to close all of my apps and check the task manager to see if I could get rid of the sound, but that didn't work. I restarted my...
  6. Computer Randomly went to sleep while away

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Randomly went to sleep while away: Hey, a few days ago I came back to my computer after being away for a couple of hours and noticed that I had to log back in after I moved my mouse. I'm fairly certain that I did not put the computer to sleep and I have everything that automatically puts it to sleep turned...
  7. Computer Shuts Off While in Sleep Mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Shuts Off While in Sleep Mode?: Hello, Recently within the past week or so, my computer started to shut off from both sleep mode/hibernate after a period of time. I am using latest Windows 10 build, updated graphics drivers. Is there a reason this might be happening? Things I've tried troubleshooting...
  8. Computer shuts down while in sleep mode

Computer shuts down while in sleep mode: I have an HP All-in-One 24 computer with Intel Core i5 . Recently, when I put the computer into sleep mode, later during the night the computer shuts down. I have also found that the computer does not go to sleep even though I have set the PC to sleep after 30 minutes. The...
  9. My computer loses ram while in sleep mode.

My computer loses ram while in sleep mode.: I have been having this issue with my computer where it loses all open files while in sleep mode. I believe this issue started after a windows update, I don't remember which one or when this happened. This is an HP ENVY Laptop 15t-ep000 [ATTACH]...
  10. Computer Entered Sleep State While Streaming

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Entered Sleep State While Streaming: Based on another troubleshooting process (which concluded that Modern Standby was rubbish and I should only have Hibernate as an option), I have Sleep disabled. When streaming a video, the laptop decided to timeout; as per the comment above, that means Hibernate for me. I...