Windows 10: My computer starts by itself.

Discus and support My computer starts by itself. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My system has been starting by itself. This is a home-built computer. I have gone through the systsem and disabled all of the things that would wake my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by James Miller9, Jun 9, 2023.

1. My computer starts by itself.

My system has been starting by itself. This is a home-built computer. I have gone through the systsem and disabled all of the things that would wake my computer. To many to list. This time when it started, I checked event viewer to see what started my computer. I found this message under general tab.The operating system started at system time 2023-06-0923:52:33.500000000Z.I found this info under the Details Tab -Friendly viewSystem-Provider[ Name]Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-General[ Guid]{a68ca8b7-004f-d7b6-a698-07e2de0f1f5d}EventID12Version0Level4Task1Opcode0Keywords0x8000000000000080-TimeCreate

:)

James Miller9, Jun 9, 2023
  2. Aquinus Win User

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Jun 9, 2023
  3. is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Jun 9, 2023
  4. Ztruker Win User

My computer starts by itself.

How to Get Started with a New Computer

You can't do any of this until you go through the initial login. After that the steps you listed are a good start though I use the builtin Windows Defender along with Malwarebytes Anti-malware Premium and Anti-exploit. #2 is key as far as I'm concerned. I backup every Friday using Macrium reflect Pro set for 1 full and 6 incremental.

Ztruker, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

My computer starts by itself.

1. My computer starts by itself. - Similar Threads - computer starts itself

2. My computer starts by itself.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer starts by itself.: My system has been starting by itself. This is a home-built computer. I have gone through the systsem and disabled all of the things that would wake my computer. To many to list. This time when it started, I checked event viewer to see what started my computer. I found this...
  3. My computer starts by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer starts by itself.: My system has been starting by itself. This is a home-built computer. I have gone through the systsem and disabled all of the things that would wake my computer. To many to list. This time when it started, I checked event viewer to see what started my computer. I found this...
  4. My computer turns itself on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer turns itself on: I have my computer set not to turn off plugged in but when I put it to sleep it turns on by itself a couple mins later. When I put it in hibernate it turns on by itself also a couple mins later is this a bug or?? submitted by /u/Yng-Swiper [link] [comments]...
  5. My computer types by itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer types by itself: Can't type propely anything. Computer keeps typing slashes \\\ non stop and opening websites by itself... I have this problem since your last windows 10 update it sucks sorry for my English... I pay for a product that year by year becomes worst.... Time to go Apple or...
  6. my computer keeps switching itself off just after starting

my computer keeps switching itself off just after starting: My computer switches itself of as soon as it has started https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-switching-itself-off-just-after/964d5381-71fc-451d-b772-8bcead604d7f
  7. My computer keeps turning itself back on by itself.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer keeps turning itself back on by itself.: I have followed the steps suggested by others regarding why my computer keeps turning itself back on after I turn it of...and have had no success in making it stop. Anything else I can try? The only way I can keep it off is to push the power button which sometimes causes...
  8. My computer restart by itself.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer restart by itself.: I work at my pc on a daily basis, usually working with mozila firefox, when suddenly the screen go black and the manufactures logo Lenovo come up. The computer become in the throws of a self induced restart. I'm using Windows 10 Home . Why does it restart by itself? How...
  9. My computer reset itself!!!???

My computer reset itself!!!???: I went to sign into my desktop a few days ago and a message came up saying something about my account settings have changed when I had not even used it in days or touched the settings. It let me log in but all of my files and everything were gone. The only thing that stayed...
  10. Upgrade issue Computer starts up by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade issue Computer starts up by itself: Upgrade from 8.1 twice and have following issue. After exactly 30 minutes after shutdown computer will turn on. Checked Bios and Power management settings without luck. Reverted back to 8.1 without problems twice. Computer never had problem on 8.1 and doesn't happen since...