Windows 10: my computer states "preparing windows" and is not working correctly - how do i fix

Discus and support my computer states "preparing windows" and is not working correctly - how do i fix in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how do i fix this problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WalpaW, Jun 15, 2020.

1. WalpaW Win User

my computer states "preparing windows" and is not working correctly - how do i fix

how do i fix this problem

:)

WalpaW, Jun 15, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Computer not scrolling correctly?

Hi Lala,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the latest mouse driver from manufacturer web site and check.

• Press Windows and X keys together
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Select Mouse and other pointing devices from the list.
    • Click on Update drivers by right clicking on the driver.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 15, 2020
  4. my computer states "preparing windows" and is not working correctly - how do i fix

Preparing Windows

Hi Jennifer,

I realize that at startup your PC always says preparing for windows. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Are you signing in to a Local account or the Microsoft account?
    Suggest you to boot the PC in Safe Mode to check if that helps. Once you are in the desktop screen you may boot the PC in a clean boot state to check the status.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

my computer states "preparing windows" and is not working correctly - how do i fix

1. my computer states "preparing windows" and is not working correctly - how do i fix - Similar Threads - computer states preparing

2. Why is Windows not preparing correctly when I turn on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows not preparing correctly when I turn on my computer?: In the past month, I have an issue whenever I turn on my computer after shutting it down the previous night. When I initially turn on my laptop, I am informed that the user profile cannot be loaded, and I cannot log in to my account. I restart my computer, and it then allows...
  3. Why is Windows not preparing correctly when I turn on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Windows not preparing correctly when I turn on my computer?: In the past month, I have an issue whenever I turn on my computer after shutting it down the previous night. When I initially turn on my laptop, I am informed that the user profile cannot be loaded, and I cannot log in to my account. I restart my computer, and it then allows...
  4. Microsoft Store not working correctly, how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store not working correctly, how do I fix it?: Hello,I seem to be having an issue with MS Store, one that I have never encountered before and have run out of options to try and fix it. I have done all the usual "fixes", reset the store app via settings, reset via Command Prompt, run Powershell, made sure that my system...
  5. Microsoft Store not working correctly, how do I fix it?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store not working correctly, how do I fix it?: Hello,I seem to be having an issue with MS Store, one that I have never encountered before and have run out of options to try and fix it. I have done all the usual "fixes", reset the store app via settings, reset via Command Prompt, run Powershell, made sure that my system...
  6. Microsoft Store not working correctly, how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How do I fix my computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix my computer?: So recently I restarted my hp laptop because it was running slow. After I did I noticed it didn’t completely wipe everything because my old account was still there, but when I tried to login it said profile failed to load. Because of that I went to safemode but it was a white...
  8. How do I fix my computer????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my computer????: Every time I try to start my desktop computer it starts to load and then shows me the windows logo with the loading circles under it. Then the screen goes grey and the loading circles just spin there forever or until the blue screen of death shows up and I can't figure out...
  9. My computer offers an update, how do I prepare?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer offers an update, how do I prepare?: So my Asus Windows 10 is offering an update to server 2004 or something. Im asking if when I update, will I have to setup everything again? submitted by /u/WackyH [link] [comments]...
  10. How do I fix the fault "Preparing Windows"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I fix the fault "Preparing Windows": When windows 10 opens up it comes with a fault message "preparing Windows" and wants you to sign in again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-the-fault-preparing-windows/2586a3f8-4969-4ff2-9ab2-71d84e655e87