Windows 10: my computer stopped returning to the cd when running a program, it says insert cd when it...

Discus and support my computer stopped returning to the cd when running a program, it says insert cd when it... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My computer won't go back to the cd when running a program. I install it from the cd and everything seems fine but when it needs to get more from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nick Scarpinato, May 26, 2023.

1. my computer stopped returning to the cd when running a program, it says insert cd when it...

My computer won't go back to the cd when running a program. I install it from the cd and everything seems fine but when it needs to get more from the cd it says insert cd into drive. The cd is in the drive. I can read everything on the cd, it doesn't matter how many times I reinstall the programs - same thing. Any idea's?Thank You

:)

Nick Scarpinato, May 26, 2023

2. Cannot burn songs to CD inserted already on to computer Error: insert a blank cd

Hi

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details.

• Are you trying to Burn Music on to the DVD inserted?

• “Only 5 songs on the cd” is it a Read/ Write disk or a Normal disk (copy write CD)?

Let me inform you, if you have a Normal disk with 5songs burnt and saved you will not be able to Burn the new songs again. Until and unless the disk inserted is a Read/ Write CD.

Put an empty disk in the drive open my computer and double click on the CD inserted. And check for the status of the CD, if its CD/DVD-RW drive, if any files appear in explorer greyed out then delete them by clicking "Delete these temporary files".

I suggest you to follow the below steps to fix the issue.

Method 1: if you are trying to copy the songs to CD, follow the below steps.

If the CD is copy right protected. You will not be able to copy songs to the computer if the CD is copy right protected.

Also try to clear the burn list if any old list of songs available and try to copy again and see if it helps.

Method 2: Windows media player settings troubleshooter

Also try the Windows media player settings troubleshooter and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Select settings in the drop down menu below search and type
          Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting
          and select the view all option on the left pane.

• Click on Windows media player settings
          and follow the prompts.

Reference:

Burn and rip CDs - Microsoft Support

Redirecting

Hope this helps. If the issue persists, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Vidyashree_C, May 26, 2023
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, May 26, 2023
  4. JoeR Win User

my computer stopped returning to the cd when running a program, it says insert cd when it...

Options displayed after inserting audio CD

After inserting audio CD there is a small popup briefly displayed at bottom right.
    " Tap to choose what happens with audio CDs"

If I tap, it then displays a popup at top right which says
    Choose what to do with Audio CDs
    It then lists 4 options:
    VLC,
    Windows Media Player
    Dropbox
    Take no action

How do I add a 5th option ? (ie another program which is installed on my PC)

I want the choice of 5 options to bedisplayed every time I insert an audio CD.

I have experimented with autoplay and default programs - neither seems to solve this problem.

Thema:

my computer stopped returning to the cd when running a program, it says insert cd when it...

1. my computer stopped returning to the cd when running a program, it says insert cd when it... - Similar Threads - computer stopped returning

2. my computer stopped returning to the cd when running a program, it says insert cd when it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer stopped returning to the cd when running a program, it says insert cd when it...: My computer won't go back to the cd when running a program. I install it from the cd and everything seems fine but when it needs to get more from the cd it says insert cd into drive. The cd is in the drive. I can read everything on the cd, it doesn't matter how many times I...
  3. my computer stopped returning to the cd when running a program, it says insert cd when it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer stopped returning to the cd when running a program, it says insert cd when it...: My computer won't go back to the cd when running a program. I install it from the cd and everything seems fine but when it needs to get more from the cd it says insert cd into drive. The cd is in the drive. I can read everything on the cd, it doesn't matter how many times I...
  4. External DVD player disconnects when CD/DVD is inserted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External DVD player disconnects when CD/DVD is inserted: My external DVD player is detected on Windows 10 when plugged in, but when I insert a CD or DVD it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting with no reason. I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 with only one usb port. It actually worked the first time I used it, but now it doesn't if...
  5. External DVD player disconnects when CD/DVD is inserted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External DVD player disconnects when CD/DVD is inserted: My external DVD player is detected on Windows 10 when plugged in, but when I insert a CD or DVD it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting with no reason. I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 with only one usb port. It actually worked the first time I used it, but now it doesn't if...
  6. Have a CD-DVD on this PC that when inserted, blinks and nothing

Have a CD-DVD on this PC that when inserted, blinks and nothing: I have a Windows 10 PCHP Compaq Desktop newly refurbished from AmazonAll updates presentI've never used the CD Rom drive. I put in a program CD and the green light blinks. It never goes beyond that. I never get a pop up for what to do with the CD.I have tired numerous...
  7. Where is the CD program on this computer???

Where is the CD program on this computer???: Where is the CD program on this computer??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-cd-program-on-this-computer/dec5cee5-36b7-497f-9998-4f409707434f
  8. Computer doesn't recognize it when I insert a CD or DVD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer doesn't recognize it when I insert a CD or DVD: When I insert a DVD or CD into the external CVS Player attached to my computer, there is no response, so I am unable to play or record discs. How can I correct this situation so that my pc acknowledges a disc or whatever else I might might want to enter....
  9. Insert CD

Insert CD: I am not able to find where to insert a cd. Can you help. I tried the instructions given, but am getting nowhere. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insert-cd/ebd14aa5-fb86-4155-bc71-7200292f9bd9
  10. My CD/DVD drive will sometimes not recognize or play a CD when inserted, why?

My CD/DVD drive will sometimes not recognize or play a CD when inserted, why?: My CD/DVD drive in my desktop computer (HP) will sometimes not do anything when I insert a CD. At times, when I attempt to open it by the use of file manager, it will open the drive, as if to "throw out" the CD, One CD I tried to use was a new program I bought. I tried it...