Windows 10: My computer stuck in logo screen on startup but ONLY IF I SHUT DOWN PROPERLY using the...

Discus and support My computer stuck in logo screen on startup but ONLY IF I SHUT DOWN PROPERLY using the... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft, My computer will not get past the logo screen no rings if I shut down "properly" using the "Shut Down" button in the Menu. What I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by EebWasti, Feb 4, 2021.

1. EebWasti Win User

My computer stuck in logo screen on startup but ONLY IF I SHUT DOWN PROPERLY using the...

Dear Microsoft,

My computer will not get past the logo screen no rings if I shut down "properly" using the "Shut Down" button in the Menu. What I would have to do is force shut down when stuck on the screen and boot up again works normally.

If I force shut down from desktop to shut down and not use the "proper" shut down way, it will then also boot normally.

I can restart the computer using the "Restart" button from the Menu no problem.

What is going on? Please help.

Thank you.

:)

EebWasti, Feb 4, 2021

2. Laptop loads to Windows 10 logo then blue screen and shuts off

shadowthefire,

What brand/model laptop is this?

Try the following:

Step 1: Make sure the computer is shut down, and press the Power Button to turn the computer on.

Step 2: As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off again.

Step 3: Repeat this process 2 or 3 times until you see the following on the screen: Preparing Automatic Repair
    Let the computer boot to the Automatic Repair screen.

Step 4: The next screen (blue) goes to: Choose Account to continue
    Select your account, enter your Password, and press: Continue

Step 5: A Diagnosing your PC screen appears, and it takes you to the screen for: Automatic Repair

Step 6: Here you can click Restart, or, Advanced Options
    Step 6.1: Select: Restart

Allow the computer to go through the routine, and see if it solves the issue.

If the problem still exists, go back to Step 1 through Step 6.

Step 6.2: This time, click: Advanced Options

Step 7: In the Choose an Option screen, select: Troubleshoot

Step 8: At the next screen, select: Advanced Options

Step 9: Last, select: Startup Repair (Used for problems that keep Windows 10 from loading)

Please provide an update.

cottonball, Feb 4, 2021
  3. Windows logo at Startup

Hi,

We would like to a ask you a few questions in order to assist you properly:

• Does the logo appear during previous startups?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?
    Safe mode starts your PC in a basic state, using set of files and drivers. For now, we suggest that you start your PC in

safe mode
    and check if the issue persists.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Feb 4, 2021
  4. My computer stuck in logo screen on startup but ONLY IF I SHUT DOWN PROPERLY using the...

stuck at HP logo at startup win 10

Hi Mohith,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that resolves the issue.

Method 1: Perform Startup Repair.

Follow the steps:

• Go to the “Lock Screen” and press shift and click on the power icon located on the bottom right corner of the screen.
    • You will have to restart your computer, you will be prompted to click on “Restart Anyway”.
    • Then you select “Troubleshoot” and click on “Advance Option” and locate and select “Startup Repair”.
    Method 2: Run the System maintenance troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the steps:

• Type “Control Panel” on the search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.
    • Click on System Maintenance option.
    • Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.
    Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

My computer stuck in logo screen on startup but ONLY IF I SHUT DOWN PROPERLY using the...

1. My computer stuck in logo screen on startup but ONLY IF I SHUT DOWN PROPERLY using the... - Similar Threads - computer stuck logo

2. My computer shuts down after startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer shuts down after startup: I have tried to re-login my computer one more time, but unfortunately, my computer shuts down suddenly, even I’m in winRE screen. Can you fix me please?This is information about my computer and its operation system:Windows 1064-bit6GB RAMVersion...
  3. My computer shuts down after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer shuts down after startup: I have tried to re-login my computer one more time, but unfortunately, my computer shuts down suddenly, even I’m in winRE screen. Can you fix me please?This is information about my computer and its operation system:Windows 1064-bit6GB RAMVersion...
  4. My computer shuts down after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My computer isn't shutting down properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer isn't shutting down properly: Hello...I just installed Ubuntu on my PC alongside Windows 11. I was thinking it was Windows 10. and after the install. I booted Windows 11 and after a while, I tried to shut down the PC. It showed the shut down screen, then after a blank screen, It boots up my desktop and...
  6. My computer isn't shutting down properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer isn't shutting down properly: Hello...I just installed Ubuntu on my PC alongside Windows 11. I was thinking it was Windows 10. and after the install. I booted Windows 11 and after a while, I tried to shut down the PC. It showed the shut down screen, then after a blank screen, It boots up my desktop and...
  7. Computer Not Shutting Down Properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Not Shutting Down Properly: Going to have to look into this tomorrow, but I've noticed a few times recently that when I shut down it seems to shut the OS down and my monitor goes off and everything - but the computer stays on. The light on the front stays on and it still makes a noise and I have to then...
  8. Stuck at shut down screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at shut down screen: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Furthestsauce50 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mlq7vn/stuck_at_shut_down_screen/
  9. Computer will not shut down, stuck in "shutting down" loading screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer will not shut down, stuck in "shutting down" loading screen: I've had this problem for 3 days now, and I'm frustrated beyond belief. Whenever I go to shut down my computer, I'm always stuck in "shutting down" or "restarting" with the circle loading animation playing below it. I'd leave it on throughout the whole day, and the computer...
  10. Windows was not shut down properly but I did shut it down properly!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows was not shut down properly but I did shut it down properly!: Since upgrading to Windows 10 Pro, I remain perplexed about this one issue that is plaguing my system: Almost every shut down is reported in the Windows 10 Reliability Monitor as the computer was not shut down properly. This happens on both shut downs and restarts using...