Windows 10: My computer stutters every second and is very noticeable.

Discus and support My computer stutters every second and is very noticeable. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just downloaded a fresh install of windows onto a laptop that I haven't been able to use for a few years. Everything about it works fine, but every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BenLockhart1, Nov 24, 2020.

1. My computer stutters every second and is very noticeable.

I just downloaded a fresh install of windows onto a laptop that I haven't been able to use for a few years. Everything about it works fine, but every .50-1 seconds theres a very noticable stutter. When I go into safe mode the stutters stop, but rebooting normally makes the problem come back.

If anyone has any idea how to fix this would be very appreciated.

:)

BenLockhart1, Nov 24, 2020

2. Stuttering Every Two Seconds

Every two seconds I get a stutter, the mouse freezes and then jumps forward. Audio stutters, games stutter, everything stutters very briefly (on the order of milliseconds) every two seconds.

This happens every two seconds like clock work. It happens on windows, it happens in browsers, it happens in games.

I've tried updating all the drivers I can find. I've tried a System restore to last month even though the problem just started today. I've tried closing out of programs and disabling various tasks.

I've tried various checks and all come back clean:

• sfc /scannow
    • DISM.exe/Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • CHKDSK /f

Please help!

BoostHungry, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Computer stuttering then freezing

Hi,

Thank you for the reply and update.

Suggest you to let us know the details of that update after which you started experiencing these issues.

Follow these steps to open the “view update history” screen:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.

• Click on Windows Update.

You will find “view update history” option in the left panel.

Further if you notice a similar trend in performance issues over different computers then you may also leave a feedback using the Feedback app.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 24, 2020
  4. TMH
    TMH Win User

My computer stutters every second and is very noticeable.

Mouse stutters on start up, but works normal after a few minutes

I've recently got a new computer, and I've noticed when I turn it out, the mouse stutters at first. For the first few minutes, I can move the mouse for a second, then it freezes for a few seconds, then it moves for a second again, etc...

I've currently not got another mouse to try with, but I wondered if any body had any suggestions I could try whilst I try and source another mouse to test with.

I'm running the following

1. Win 10 Pro
    2. i7-4790K (Not overclocked)
    3. 16gb ram (this was salvaged from my old computer, so it's a few years old)
    4. Nvidia 980 ti
    5. Mouse is a Razor Oubourous.

If you need any more info, or specs, let me know and I'll add them.

Thema:

My computer stutters every second and is very noticeable.

1. My computer stutters every second and is very noticeable. - Similar Threads - computer stutters every

2. constant stutter every 10 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    constant stutter every 10 seconds: getting a constant system stutter every 6 seconds. mouse pauses, anything running pauses for half a second constantly just re installed windows 10 to an older dell inspirion 15 laptop. also replaced hard drive, memory card and battery. when ran diagnostic and getting this...
  3. AMD Driver causing 1 second stutter every two seconds.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Driver causing 1 second stutter every two seconds.: Hello, recently I swopped my HDD for an SSD and installed a fresh version of windows 10 on my Laptop. I Updated all the drivers and my whole PC started to stutter/freeze every 2 seconds. I found out the problem was the graphics driver. So I Rolled back onto an older version...
  4. Computer Stuttering every 5 seconds specially when viewing videos or playing games

Computer Stuttering every 5 seconds specially when viewing videos or playing games: Since approximately a month ago I've been fighting an issue that is very noticeable and very VERY annoying, specially when playing games, computer with every little graphical effort stutters, no matter if is a video or a game, and it affects game playability, but the strange...
  5. My computer freezes every few seconds

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer freezes every few seconds: My computer freezes every few seconds, and i don't know solution how to fix it. Has it ever happend to someone, and do you know how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-freezes-every-few-seconds/09e64bf0-1871-48e9-a59b-cf3044ee7e52
  6. Computer Studders Every Second

Computer Studders Every Second: Recently I have noticed that my computer studders every second. To my knowledge, I havent done anything different than normal. Computer Specs OS: Windows 10 Motherboard: MSI B150 Gaming M3 CPU: Intel i7-6700k GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ram: RipJaws DDR4-2400 (2 x 8k)...
  7. Every 5-10 seconds, my laptop will stutter, causing the cursor to jump

Every 5-10 seconds, my laptop will stutter, causing the cursor to jump: I run Windows 10 on a Dell Precision M6400, a rather old PC that I have been able to upgrade throughout the years with little to no problems. Recently, I've been experiencing sudden bursts of lag, causing pretty much anything on the PC to halt any operator. When this...
  8. Mouse and keystroke stutter every 3 seconds in Win10

Mouse and keystroke stutter every 3 seconds in Win10: I have been trying to fix my mothers laptop for two days (literally 48+ hours of trouble shooting, like I've got nothing better to do with my life) because it has an issue where the mouse cursor and keystrokes will fail to register for a second every 3 seconds, it's also very...
  9. .1 second d stuttering every 1.5 second day exactly

.1 second d stuttering every 1.5 second day exactly: This lroblem occured occured knce before where my computer was stuttering very routinely every second or so. I was able to stop it by getting a new hard drive, but the problem came back maybe a month after. The stuttering wasnt only during running video games, but also on the...
  10. Stutter every two seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Stutter every two seconds: My computer sometimes starts to--every two seconds--stutter for like a split second no matter what I'm doing. This is the entire desktop and it goes right over into making videos and games stutter like that, making things unplayable and videos a headache to watch. This...