Windows 10: My computer stutters every second and is very noticeable.

Discus and support My computer stutters every second and is very noticeable. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just downloaded a fresh install of windows onto a laptop that I haven't been able to use for a few years. Everything about it works fine, but every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BenLockhart1, Nov 24, 2020.

1. My computer stutters every second and is very noticeable.

I just downloaded a fresh install of windows onto a laptop that I haven't been able to use for a few years. Everything about it works fine, but every .50-1 seconds theres a very noticable stutter. When I go into safe mode the stutters stop, but rebooting normally makes the problem come back.

If anyone has any idea how to fix this would be very appreciated.

:)

BenLockhart1, Nov 24, 2020

2. Stuttering Every Two Seconds

Every two seconds I get a stutter, the mouse freezes and then jumps forward. Audio stutters, games stutter, everything stutters very briefly (on the order of milliseconds) every two seconds.

This happens every two seconds like clock work. It happens on windows, it happens in browsers, it happens in games.

I've tried updating all the drivers I can find. I've tried a System restore to last month even though the problem just started today. I've tried closing out of programs and disabling various tasks.

I've tried various checks and all come back clean:

• sfc /scannow
    • DISM.exe/Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • CHKDSK /f

Please help!

BoostHungry, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Computer stuttering then freezing

Hi,

Thank you for the reply and update.

Suggest you to let us know the details of that update after which you started experiencing these issues.

Follow these steps to open the “view update history” screen:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.

• Click on Windows Update.

You will find “view update history” option in the left panel.

Further if you notice a similar trend in performance issues over different computers then you may also leave a feedback using the Feedback app.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 24, 2020
  4. TMH
    TMH Win User

My computer stutters every second and is very noticeable.

Mouse stutters on start up, but works normal after a few minutes

I've recently got a new computer, and I've noticed when I turn it out, the mouse stutters at first. For the first few minutes, I can move the mouse for a second, then it freezes for a few seconds, then it moves for a second again, etc...

I've currently not got another mouse to try with, but I wondered if any body had any suggestions I could try whilst I try and source another mouse to test with.

I'm running the following

1. Win 10 Pro
    2. i7-4790K (Not overclocked)
    3. 16gb ram (this was salvaged from my old computer, so it's a few years old)
    4. Nvidia 980 ti
    5. Mouse is a Razor Oubourous.

If you need any more info, or specs, let me know and I'll add them.

Thema:

My computer stutters every second and is very noticeable.

1. My computer stutters every second and is very noticeable. - Similar Threads - computer stutters every

2. My computer Stutters/Freezes for 0.1 second every 1 second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer Stutters/Freezes for 0.1 second every 1 second: 2 days ago I had installed a nvidia driver update version 535.98 after that while playing games, making games in unity or watching videos my computer started to stutter for 0.1 seconds every 1 second. Thinking this was a problem of driver I have installed my old nvidia driver...
  3. My computer Stutters/Freezes for 0.1 second every 1 second

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer Stutters/Freezes for 0.1 second every 1 second: 2 days ago I had installed a nvidia driver update version 535.98 after that while playing games, making games in unity or watching videos my computer started to stutter for 0.1 seconds every 1 second. Thinking this was a problem of driver I have installed my old nvidia driver...
  4. My computer Stutters/Freezes for 0.1 seconds or so every 1 second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer Stutters/Freezes for 0.1 seconds or so every 1 second: 2 days ago I had installed a nvidia driver update version 535.98 after that while playing games, making games in unity or watching videos my computer started to stutter for 0.1 seconds every 1 second. Thinking this was a problem of driver I have installed my old nvidia driver...
  5. My computer Stutters/Freezes for 0.1 seconds or so every 1 second

My computer Stutters/Freezes for 0.1 seconds or so every 1 second: 2 days ago I had installed a nvidia driver update version 535.98 after that while playing games, making games in unity or watching videos my computer started to stutter for 0.1 seconds every 1 second. Thinking this was a problem of driver I have installed my old nvidia driver...
  6. WIndows Stutters every few seconds VERY noticeable in games and browsing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows Stutters every few seconds VERY noticeable in games and browsing: I recently got this problem, did a fresh install of windows. Need help asap. Tried reinstalling graphics drivers, audio, network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-stutters-every-few-seconds-very-noticeable/a64c71e8-9bb2-4311-b136-b6ce060dec5e
  7. WIndows Stutters every few seconds VERY noticeable in games and browsing

WIndows Stutters every few seconds VERY noticeable in games and browsing: I recently got this problem, did a fresh install of windows. Need help asap. Tried reinstalling graphics drivers, audio, network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-stutters-every-few-seconds-very-noticeable/a64c71e8-9bb2-4311-b136-b6ce060dec5e
  8. WIndows Stutters every few seconds VERY noticeable in games and browsing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Constant stuttering every second

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant stuttering every second: Hello,I recently started having a problem within the last day where the entire computer will freeze almost every second for a millisecond while audio sounds fine and is never interrupted.I don’t remember doing anything that would have started this besides disabling the...
  10. Stutter every two seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Stutter every two seconds: My computer sometimes starts to--every two seconds--stutter for like a split second no matter what I'm doing. This is the entire desktop and it goes right over into making videos and games stutter like that, making things unplayable and videos a headache to watch. This...