Windows 10: My computer suddenly cannot find my WiFi

Discus and support My computer suddenly cannot find my WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computer has previously been connecting to the internet but now suddenly cannot find the WiFi. I am sitting right beside the modem and it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Judy_Barnes_17, Mar 31, 2019.

1. My computer suddenly cannot find my WiFi

My computer has previously been connecting to the internet but now suddenly cannot find the WiFi. I am sitting right beside the modem and it is working correctly (my phone and my partner's computer connect correctly). When I use the trouble shooter it asks me to select a network and several neighbourhood connections are shown but my home WiFi is not on the list. I am not a computer expert and do not feel comfortable to reinstall or disable aspects of the system.

:)

Judy_Barnes_17, Mar 31, 2019
  2. asus2016 Win User

Win10 computer suddenly unable to access printer on home wifi

For some reason, the printer lasted less than 24 hours printing correctly, and now I again can't fix it, even by doing what "worked" before (Comment #6 upthread).

Regarding the static IP suggestion:
    1. The printer is connected via USB to a Windows 7 computer on the home network. It's not on the network by IP address. Here is a screenshot of the printer port properties.
      My computer suddenly cannot find my WiFi [​IMG]
    2. Although there ARE "headaches" as is said above, the vast majority of the other computers on the home wifi network, NEVER have had a problem printing to it. And this applies to computers that have run XP, Win7, Win10, and MacOS. For the most part until now, it's included the particular Win10 computer in question.
    3. If I still might be able to give it a static IP address, will this affect the other computers that have been able to print to it fine using printer name?

asus2016, Mar 31, 2019
  3. asus2016 Win User
    Win10 computer suddenly unable to access printer on home wifi

I was not able to ping the Win7 machine.

However headache-ridden this setup might be, I've had it for close to a decade, and remote machines - XP and Win7 and Win10 and Mac - have all easily printed from it. As did this, until it stopped working.

Two other questions:
    1. How does one this SMBv1 issue you suggest? Sorry, not familiar with that term.
    2. In looking at the event viewer, I am seeing near-daily critical errors from the machine being powered off by the button, versus the normal Windows shutdown (and will address with the family member who has the machine). Could this have been the cause of it suddenly not working? And any suggestions to look at and fix whatever may be wrong, if this is a possible cause?

asus2016, Mar 31, 2019
  4. My computer suddenly cannot find my WiFi

URGENT HELP NEEDED! HDD suddenly became blank!

Hey there, @Shamonto Hasan Easha!

I'd try re-plugging the hard drive and checking if the cable is damaged. I'd also suggest to try plugging the drive in another computer and see if it gets recognized properly there. Is it a IDE or SATA drive you're using?
    If the drive is unallocated, this means that the partition has been lost after the power went down.
    Check out this thread for more ideas on how to solve the issue. There are some detailed steps there that might be useful for you:
    http://superuser.com/questions/5442...n-on-ssd-suddenly-became-unallocated-disk-spa

Hope this helped.
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

My computer suddenly cannot find my WiFi

1. My computer suddenly cannot find my WiFi - Similar Threads - computer suddenly cannot

2. Why does my computer not find my home wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer not find my home wifi: Hello I have a problem where my laptop doesn't detect my home WiFi network, I don't understand why or how as it displays other available networks except mine or my phone's.Thank you in advance....
  3. Why does my computer not find my home wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer not find my home wifi: Hello I have a problem where my laptop doesn't detect my home WiFi network, I don't understand why or how as it displays other available networks except mine or my phone's.Thank you in advance....
  4. Why does my computer not find my home wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My computer cannot find wifi networks

My computer cannot find wifi networks: I just updated my computer to the newest windows 10 update because it was running kind of slow but now my computer cannot find any networks at all. Ive tried all the basic fixes but nothing seems to work. Help me please...
  6. My computer cannot find my web cam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer cannot find my web cam: I have tried the following suggestion but it does not work as NO CAMERA shows up ANYWHERE under device manager, as if it doesn't exist, but there is one - I have an HP ENVY Laptop 17m-ce0xxx using Windows 10. Any thoughts? First we can try uninstalling and re-installing...
  7. Cannot find 5ghz wifi all of a sudden

Cannot find 5ghz wifi all of a sudden: I was using my 5ghz wifi yesterday when I lost connection entirely, it has now been around 24 hours and I cannot see it in the network settings. My room-mates and my own phone can all connect easily and I have tried all the recommendations on the microsoft site and on others...
  8. Cannot find my WiFi in the list of networks.

Cannot find my WiFi in the list of networks.: Sup. I have all the current updates for Windows 10 to this date. I DO get a list of networks to join, but not my Xfinity router latest, white speakerish looking thing. Router and computer are very close, no issue there. My phone, PS4, Xbox One, HP printer, and Macbook can...
  9. My laptop cannot find any wifi signal.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop cannot find any wifi signal.: I bought this laptop six months ago and it has been working perfectly until now. I used it this afternoon and it worked smoothly without any issue but by night when I used it I was unable to join any wifi net. Usually the laptop would be able to find at least ten of them but...
  10. Cannot find computer between WiFi and Ethernet

Cannot find computer between WiFi and Ethernet: Hello, We have several laptops on WiFi and several desktops on Ethernet. On all of them I have network discovery turned on for all profiles. I can access all desktops from any desktop and all laptops from any laptop but I cannot access a laptop on WiFi from a wired...