Windows 10: My computer suddenly can’t connect to the internet, I need help.

Discus and support My computer suddenly can’t connect to the internet, I need help. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have a Dell XPS 15, and let me tell you... this thing has had so many issues since I’ve bought it 2 years ago. And today, I think I’ve come across... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Potomaters, May 7, 2020.

1. My computer suddenly can’t connect to the internet, I need help.

So I have a Dell XPS 15, and let me tell you... this thing has had so many issues since I’ve bought it 2 years ago. And today, I think I’ve come across the most unfixable issue yet...

This morning, my laptop suddenly could not connect to the internet, and I’ve been trying to fix it for hours (was working perfectly fine the previous days). Here are some of the details of the issue:

-When I expand the WiFi button at the bottom right, none of the networks are listed. Only a greyed out ‘airplane mode’ is there, but I can’t even click on it to turn airplane mode on.

-for some reason the computer’s Bluetooth functionalities aren’t working either (could not connect my Bluetooth headphones).

-resetting the computer doesn’t fix the issue

-troubleshooting doesn’t fix anything, it just says that there’s no network adapter to connect to, and that I need to install a new one.

-all other devices at my house have no issues, just this laptop. (I tried resetting my router/modem anyway, but it didn’t fix anything)

-when I first opened device manager, then network adapters, my killer WiFi network and bluetooth device weren’t listed. So then I clicked on ‘show hidden devices’ at the top, after which they did appear but each had a ‘Code 45’ error.

-when I tried to use my phone as a hotspot to connect to the internet, it didn’t work (it normally works but I think my laptop is just screwed up right now). This means that i can’t do a windows update or try downloading/updating drivers from the internet.

Now here’s the fuckup that I did to probably make things worse. After looking up a list of fixes to try to resolve the issue (but to no avail), I came across a tip to try uninstalling the driver for my network adapter and then restart the computer to let it reinstall on its own. So I did that... and now my Killer WiFi driver is gone.... It didn’t reinstall on its own. And as I stated in my last bullet point above, i CAN’T access the internet even via hotspot so I cant try reinstalling it manually from the dell website. So now, not only am I still unable to connect to the internet, but my WiFi network adapter is gone, and I don’t know how to get it back. Please help, I’m frustrated and at my wits end here.

submitted by /u/Potomaters
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Potomaters, May 7, 2020
  2. quasar923 Win User

internet connection problem- help

my internet connection suddenly failed about 2 days ago. we had to power cycyle the the router and modem. the other computers on the same router network were able to connect. my computer upstairs still had the same problem. i am using my laptop now with the same eathernet connection my computer that doesnt get a connection with and the internet works fine on the laptop. it just randomly stoped working and idk what to do now. the cable is fine because i am able to use the laptop on it and the laptop doesnt get wireless so i know its not the cable. my computer is in the system specs. ive tried setting defualts in bios and that doesnt work either. ive turned my firewall off and that doesnt help either. any suggestions?

quasar923, May 7, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

My computer suddenly can’t connect to the internet, I need help. [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

My computer suddenly can’t connect to the internet, I need help. [​IMG]

topgundcp, May 7, 2020
  4. My computer suddenly can’t connect to the internet, I need help.

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, May 7, 2020
Thema:

My computer suddenly can’t connect to the internet, I need help.

1. My computer suddenly can’t connect to the internet, I need help. - Similar Threads - computer suddenly can’t

2. I can’t connect to internet with my laptop it says it can’t connect to internet what should...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t connect to internet with my laptop it says it can’t connect to internet what should...: When I click the button that you can connect with in any internet that I click even without asking the password it says cannot connect what should I do?...
  3. I can’t connect to internet with my laptop it says it can’t connect to internet what should...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t connect to internet with my laptop it says it can’t connect to internet what should...: When I click the button that you can connect with in any internet that I click even without asking the password it says cannot connect what should I do?...
  4. I can’t connect to internet with my laptop it says it can’t connect to internet what should...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Need to reset my PIN to log in to my computer but can’t connect to the internet from the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to reset my PIN to log in to my computer but can’t connect to the internet from the...: I haven’t used my laptop in over a year and now that I try to use it said that my PIN is no longer available due to a change in security settings and I need to update it, but whenever I click to do it, it asks me to connect to the internet despite not having a way to do it...
  6. Need to reset my PIN to log in to my computer but can’t connect to the internet from the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to reset my PIN to log in to my computer but can’t connect to the internet from the...: I haven’t used my laptop in over a year and now that I try to use it said that my PIN is no longer available due to a change in security settings and I need to update it, but whenever I click to do it, it asks me to connect to the internet despite not having a way to do it...
  7. I can’t connect to internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can’t connect to internet: I am trying to update my computer but it won’t let me because It says I have no internet connection but I am connected to my WiFi submitted by /u/g0d0fsadness [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ma04at/i_cant_connect_to_internet/
  8. Guys please help I can’t get into network&internet and I can’t connect to internet as well

Guys please help I can’t get into network&internet and I can’t connect to internet as well: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Edwinite [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i9n12l/guys_please_help_i_cant_get_into_networkinternet/
  9. I need help on internet connection

I need help on internet connection: I keep disconnecting and reconnecting on my PC. And now today, I just can’t find a network anymore. I tried to scan for corrupted files on CMD, but the sfc /scannow command would get stuck at 2%. How do I fix this submitted by /u/rk2kk [link] [comments]...
  10. i can’t connect to the internet - help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i can’t connect to the internet - help!: okay so basically i haven’t been able to connect to the internet for the past few weeks but only on my pc. mostly it shows the wifi symbol with the yellow warning sign on my taskbar - sometimes i can connect to the internet but if i open a browser it says i’m not connected. i...