Windows 10: My computer suddenly has more free space in the C drive without me doing anything?

Discus and support My computer suddenly has more free space in the C drive without me doing anything? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So a few days ago i look at my pc storage and it's at 170GBs of free space left. Today i look at it, 205GBs free space... Where did 35GBs go? I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MrRoboto12345, May 6, 2020.

1. My computer suddenly has more free space in the C drive without me doing anything?

So a few days ago i look at my pc storage and it's at 170GBs of free space left.

Today i look at it, 205GBs free space...

Where did 35GBs go? I have never clicked on the Windows 10 Disk Cleaner application.

submitted by /u/MrRoboto12345
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MrRoboto12345, May 6, 2020

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, May 6, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CMy computer suddenly has more free space in the C drive without me doing anything? :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, May 6, 2020
  4. Jane Lla Win User

My computer suddenly has more free space in the C drive without me doing anything?

c drive space decrease

Hello,

This behavior can occur when System Restore is turned on on your computer. System Restore uses a portion of the hard disk to store "restore points." These restore points are used by System Restore to return your computer to an earlier state.

System Restore creates a new restore point each time that you start the computer.

We suggest following advised steps to resolve issue in our support page regarding sorting

C drive space decrease

Update us with the outcome.

Regards.

Jane Lla, May 6, 2020
Thema:

My computer suddenly has more free space in the C drive without me doing anything?

1. My computer suddenly has more free space in the C drive without me doing anything? - Similar Threads - computer suddenly has

2. My free space of a drive suddenly decreased

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My free space of a drive suddenly decreased: my space on E drive decreased after updating to windows 11.Is it normal?My free space of E drive 100 GB decreased to 53 GB suddenly.please help.I observed the below scenario :...
  3. My free space of a drive suddenly decreased

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My free space of a drive suddenly decreased: my space on E drive decreased after updating to windows 11.Is it normal?My free space of E drive 100 GB decreased to 53 GB suddenly.please help.I observed the below scenario :...
  4. C Drive is suddenly gaining free space without me doing anything.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C Drive is suddenly gaining free space without me doing anything.: I need help with this. After the recent update from Windows my C drive is suddenly gaining free space like crazy. For example, when I installed the update it had 414 GB available, yesterday it had 416 GB, now today it suddenly has 417 GB free. I have no viruses or malware. I...
  5. Freeing space on C drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Freeing space on C drive: Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1110 I am trying to free up space on my C drive which is a 500Gb SSD. I install all programs to my 2Tb HD. Windirstat tells me Tom Tom the sat nav takes up 153 Gb on my C drive. So I want to uninstall it. Windows said it was uninstalling it from...
  6. Suddenly more and then less drive space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suddenly more and then less drive space: Hello,About 1-2 days ago I noticed that on my D: so not C: where windows is on the space went from ~64 gb to 91 Gb. Now today it went from 91 Gb to 72 Gb and now at the time of writing back up to 88 Gb. I have not used any cleaner apps or off what I am aware uninstalled...
  7. C: System Drive Getting Full Without No Reason, Lose Stealing More and More Free Space

C: System Drive Getting Full Without No Reason, Lose Stealing More and More Free Space: Hello! I have problem with Lenovo V 130-15IKB Laptop C: System Drive. Yesterday I had Free 30GB of C: System Drive. But in real time after refresh I can see the C: Drive fill up without no reason, without downloading a files and also without internet connection it goes full....
  8. C Drive suddenly has no space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C Drive suddenly has no space: So here's some backstory: Around a week ago, I checked the amount of space my C drive (windows) had, and it had around 46 GB. Also, during this time, the number of GB it had was constantly changing, even if I haven't downloaded or updated anything at all. But the changes...
  9. Voice Recorder message no more free space even when there is 255GB free space on C drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Voice Recorder message no more free space even when there is 255GB free space on C drive.: There is 255 gigs free on the C drive and voice recorder is saying no more free space after 20 minutes of recording. Why will it not record more than that? why is it being limited/ *Original Title* Voice Recorder*...
  10. Need more Free Space on my Hard Drive

Need more Free Space on my Hard Drive: So yeah, the other day I was uninstalling games so I could get more space and my pc said I had 108gb free space, so the next day I restarted it and now it says I have 68gb free space. I don't know the reason, I didn't downloaded anything since I uninstalled my games, and I...