Windows 10: My computer suddenly runs all games slowly

Discus and support My computer suddenly runs all games slowly in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, as the title says, my computer suddenly runs all of my games slowly. Normally, I play Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead. Both of these games are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ErickKao, Oct 12, 2020.

1. ErickKao Win User

My computer suddenly runs all games slowly

Hi, as the title says, my computer suddenly runs all of my games slowly. Normally, I play Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead. Both of these games are incredibly old, so I would understand why they wouldn't perform optimally, but I have a very specific set of in-game settings that ensures I run both of these games at 60 frames per second, at the very least. Last night, I accidentally left my laptop on the main menu of one of these games but did have any other programs open. I had installed an update on 10/11, but everything was fine. I wake up later that day, open up my games, and all of a sudden, I couldn't play for more than 30 seconds without my computer freezing and looping sounds like there was no tomorrow.

I did everything I could to try and solve the problem. I restarted my laptop. I uninstalled the graphics cards and driver, restarted my laptop, then reinstalled them again. I even tried to restore my computer to a state before I updated the computer, but it failed and almost bricked my computer when it was stuck in a loop of "Preparing Automatic Repairs." Luckily, my computer managed to bounce back, but the issue still persists. I cannot run any of these 2 games, despite doing all these things, setting their graphics to the lowest-possible setting, and doing almost everything I could find off the internet.

:)

ErickKao, Oct 12, 2020

2. Why is my computer suddenly running so slowly?

So I was playing a game on my computer, and suddenly i experience a lag spike and my computer starts running slowly. My game became too lagy to play, as well as all other games my computer use to run smoothly, and general use such as watching you tube videos
    and browsing the internet are slow as well. since then I have run a full system scan, disk clean up and deleted some of my recent downloads. I feel as if it has helped a little, but my computer is still much slower then before.

Is there anything else I can do to fix my problem?

Please help.

dagius9444, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Games run very slowly on Windows 10

Hi,

Thanks posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) Is the issue confined to specific game?

2) Is all the system programs, running fine?

I would suggest you to run maintenance task and check if it helps.

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 12, 2020
  4. My computer suddenly runs all games slowly

Computer running slowly!

Computer running slowly! Help.please

CLHimaine1, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

My computer suddenly runs all games slowly

1. My computer suddenly runs all games slowly - Similar Threads - computer suddenly runs

2. My computer suddenly runs all games very slowly except for one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer suddenly runs all games very slowly except for one.: HiMy laptop has been working fine but has suddenly set rates running all games laggy except for genshin impacts. All the games i can’t play are on the lowest setting but genshin impact is on high graphics?! The other games i’m playing have similar requirements so i don’t...
  3. My computer suddenly runs all games very slowly except for one.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer suddenly runs all games very slowly except for one.: HiMy laptop has been working fine but has suddenly set rates running all games laggy except for genshin impacts. All the games i can’t play are on the lowest setting but genshin impact is on high graphics?! The other games i’m playing have similar requirements so i don’t...
  4. My computer is suddenly running very slowly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is suddenly running very slowly.: I have tried almost every troubleshooting technique out there:reset windowsreset virtual RAMgo into root files for MSconfig and turn a 1 into a 0.Delete temp folderDelete Downloaddistributor or whatever it's calledTurn off Fast BootUpdate Drivers for PC and Graphics...
  5. My computer is suddenly running very slowly.

My computer is suddenly running very slowly.: I have tried almost every troubleshooting technique out there:reset windowsreset virtual RAMgo into root files for MSconfig and turn a 1 into a 0.Delete temp folderDelete Downloaddistributor or whatever it's calledTurn off Fast BootUpdate Drivers for PC and Graphics...
  6. Computer runs slowly all of sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer runs slowly all of sudden: So I have an Alienware m15 r2 really good computer I've had it for a while but now all of my games run slowly 15 minutes into playing I thought it was malware and I used Malwarebytes nope so now I'm really confused if you have any fixes and I've checked my drivers and It...
  7. Computer runs slowly all of sudden

Computer runs slowly all of sudden: So I have an Alienware m15 r2 really good computer I've had it for a while but now all of my games run slowly 15 minutes into playing I thought it was malware and I used Malwarebytes nope so now I'm really confused if you have any fixes and I've checked my drivers and It...
  8. PC suddenly runs slowly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC suddenly runs slowly.: I was playing a game on the Xbox app when suddenly the game starts running really poorly load times are longer,10 frames a second. I checked some games on Steam and they're running poorly too. I restarted my PC and I noticed that it takes longer to boot up now. I've got...
  9. PC suddenly runs slowly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC suddenly runs slowly.: I was playing a game on the Xbox app when suddenly the game starts running really poorly load times are longer,10 frames a second. I checked some games on Steam and they're running poorly too. I restarted my PC and I noticed that it takes longer to boot up now. I've got...
  10. Computer suddenly started running really slowly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer suddenly started running really slowly: My computer all the sudden started working really slowly for even the smallest of tasks. literally anything I do now is excruciatingly slow. Opening chrome, opening file explorer, typing, even drawing the selection boxes on the desktop. The mouse moves smooth though still....