Windows 10: My computer suddenly started showing this when I try and shut down. Why did it start doing...

Discus and support My computer suddenly started showing this when I try and shut down. Why did it start doing... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/King_Bleh [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/King_Bleh, Mar 23, 2021.

1. My computer suddenly started showing this when I try and shut down. Why did it start doing...

/u/King_Bleh, Mar 23, 2021
  2. Neilg Win User

how do i reset the start menu in windows 10 to not show tiles?

A few days ago, my friends Win10 computer stopped showing his desktop and now only shows the tiles (he wants to see the default list of programs, not any tiles).

Clicking on the Windows key or "start menu" doesn't change anything. I stepped him through some online suggestions (including Settings/Start/Use-start-full-screen and making sure Settings/Table-mode was not engaged) but they don't work.

I've also compared his settings (Start/Use-start-full... and Table-mode) to my Win10 machine and they are the same.

Assistance/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Neilg, Mar 23, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    NEWLY added apps are not showing on Start App list

Hi Tamal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1. Is Cortana able to search the apps installed?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Start Settings in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Turn on Show recently added apps in jump list of Start of Taskbar.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Mar 23, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

My computer suddenly started showing this when I try and shut down. Why did it start doing...

Unable to Start in Safe Mode Win10

I understand that as repeating the basic problem. Is that what you mean? I can't tell you why- some sort of corruption- hence all the steps I'm suggesting. Please try each in turn.

The first are to check for basic forms of corruption and so proceed onwards in order.

dalchina, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

My computer suddenly started showing this when I try and shut down. Why did it start doing...

1. My computer suddenly started showing this when I try and shut down. Why did it start doing... - Similar Threads - computer suddenly started

2. my pc shut down when i start a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc shut down when i start a game: Hello, lately my pc when I open a certain game shuts down out of nowhere, when I play cs go nothing happens, but with other games it shuts down all of a sudden, I put paste on the processor, thinking it was the cpu temperature but it's still the same...
  3. my pc shut down when i start a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc shut down when i start a game: Hello, lately my pc when I open a certain game shuts down out of nowhere, when I play cs go nothing happens, but with other games it shuts down all of a sudden, I put paste on the processor, thinking it was the cpu temperature but it's still the same...
  4. my pc shut down when i start a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why does my computer restart when I try to start it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer restart when I try to start it: When I try to start my computer it flashes a blue screen for a second and then restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-restart-when-i-try-to-start/ecede717-88f1-4d63-aa99-c6e82df29080
  6. Why does my computer restart when I try to start it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer restart when I try to start it: When I try to start my computer it flashes a blue screen for a second and then restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-restart-when-i-try-to-start/ecede717-88f1-4d63-aa99-c6e82df29080
  7. My computer suddenly shutting down

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer suddenly shutting down: I want to know that when i join the Microsoft teams class my computer is suddenly shutting down again and again.. Please inform me that what is the solution to solve this problem.... Thanks,,,...
  8. Computer start and shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer start and shut down: I updated my laptop with the latest update from Microsoft but ever since then, my laptop takes way too long to start 3-4 minutes and even longer to shut down5-6 minutes i've tried to use the update again to see if there are any issues, but it says my computer is up to date....
  9. why does my computer takes long to start and shut down?

why does my computer takes long to start and shut down?: my computer takes about five minutes to start and shut down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-takes-long-to-start-and-shut/8c4e3efd-71e3-468a-8e73-6be49b824b13
  10. Why my computer will not shut down when I clicked on the shut down button?

Why my computer will not shut down when I clicked on the shut down button?: My computer using window 10 would not shut down when I clicked on the shut down menu. Please advise thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-computer-will-not-shut-down-when-i-clicked/dd1a9cb1-d312-4110-bc16-463bec48b6de