Windows 10: My computer suddenly thinks I'm in another state.

Discus and support My computer suddenly thinks I'm in another state. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I used to live in West Virginia, but moved to Missouri several months ago, and last week, my computer's time zone started resetting to eastern time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Collin V., Aug 6, 2021.

1. Collin V. Win User

My computer suddenly thinks I'm in another state.

I used to live in West Virginia, but moved to Missouri several months ago, and last week, my computer's time zone started resetting to eastern time from central time. I found out that apparently, it suddenly thinks I'm back in West Virginia. Changing the default location didn't fix the issue because when I use Find My Device on the website for my Microsoft account, it still shows my computer in West Virginia. How do I fix this? It's really annoying.

:)

Collin V., Aug 6, 2021
  2. bobkn Win User

Thinking about getting a 1TB m.2

My first thought was that using a 1TB SSD in what is basically a caching scheme is crazy.

On further thought, it's crazy.*Smile

I'd suggest getting this Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Internal SSD High Performance Solid State Drive R/W 3200/2000 MB/s (SB-RKTQ-1TB) - Newegg.com or this Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Internal SSD High Performance Solid State Drive (SB-ROCKET-1TB) - Newegg.com as an alterative to Samsung. If you had a PCI-E 4.0 CPU + motherboard (you do not, at least in your My Computer listing), I'd suggest this: Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 M.2 2280 Internal SSD Maximum Performance Solid State Drive With Heatsink (SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-HTSK-1TB) - Newegg.com.

bobkn, Aug 6, 2021
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    M-Audio M-Track 2x2 Not Recognized by my computer.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate the research and troubleshooting you have done, this issue could be from the software end or from the hardware itself.

Please try few of the troubleshooting below to further eliminate the root cause of the issue.

1. Try to connect the device with a different USB and check if that helps.
    2. Connect the M-track to different computer and check if you still face the issue there, if the issue persists, it could be caused by hardware.

Method 1:

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together, and type
      control printers.
    2. You will see list of all the devices and printers connected to your computer.
    3. Click on Add a device and follow the onscreen instruction and add your device.

Method 2:

1. Uninstall
      all the M-Track drivers
      from device manager.
    2. Reboot the computer and check.

Method 3:

I suggest you login to the manufacturer site,
    download the drivers for your registered device
    and
    install it.

If you still face the issue, I suggest you to get in touch with the
    manufacturer and get the hardware checked once.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Aug 6, 2021
  4. My computer suddenly thinks I'm in another state.

URGENT HELP NEEDED! HDD suddenly became blank!

Hey there, @Shamonto Hasan Easha!

I'd try re-plugging the hard drive and checking if the cable is damaged. I'd also suggest to try plugging the drive in another computer and see if it gets recognized properly there. Is it a IDE or SATA drive you're using?
    If the drive is unallocated, this means that the partition has been lost after the power went down.
    Check out this thread for more ideas on how to solve the issue. There are some detailed steps there that might be useful for you:
    http://superuser.com/questions/5442...n-on-ssd-suddenly-became-unallocated-disk-spa

Hope this helped.
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Aug 6, 2021
Thema:

My computer suddenly thinks I'm in another state.

1. My computer suddenly thinks I'm in another state. - Similar Threads - computer suddenly thinks

2. Hi, my computer thinks i am in another state which does not have daylight saving, i have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, my computer thinks i am in another state which does not have daylight saving, i have...: I have tried to change the location and the time through the control panel but it is not highlighted so I cannot do it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-my-computer-thinks-i-am-in-another-state-which/81bbb387-2f46-4a2a-8204-ab4f5752f5c1
  3. Hi, my computer thinks i am in another state which does not have daylight saving, i have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, my computer thinks i am in another state which does not have daylight saving, i have...: I have tried to change the location and the time through the control panel but it is not highlighted so I cannot do it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-my-computer-thinks-i-am-in-another-state-which/81bbb387-2f46-4a2a-8204-ab4f5752f5c1
  4. My Windows 11 computer suddenly thinks my computer is turned off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 computer suddenly thinks my computer is turned off.: My default printer is a Dell laser printer connected wirelessly to my computer for years. Suddenly today when I turned on my computer and tried to print something it doesn't think my computer is on. It is set as the default printer and has been since I got it. If I run the...
  5. My Windows 11 computer suddenly thinks my computer is turned off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 11 computer suddenly thinks my computer is turned off.: My default printer is a Dell laser printer connected wirelessly to my computer for years. Suddenly today when I turned on my computer and tried to print something it doesn't think my computer is on. It is set as the default printer and has been since I got it. If I run the...
  6. Websites think I'm in Singapore while I'm not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Websites think I'm in Singapore while I'm not: Title says the issue. Not sure when exactly this happens but when I'm about to open disney hotstar today it says "Videos on www.hotstar.com/id are not available in Singapore" and prompts me to proceed to the website's singapore versionTried :- GPS Off > Restart > GPS On >...
  7. Computer thinks I'm in America but I live in England

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer thinks I'm in America but I live in England: My computer believes my region is America making my ping unbearably high and it makes me join American servers when I'm gaming. I don't have a real idea as to why. My only solution to this ping spike and region change is restarting my computer every time it randomly does...
  8. Why my browsers suddenly think I'm in the U.K.?

in Browsers and Email
    Why my browsers suddenly think I'm in the U.K.?: While of course I don't travel these days, for other reasons I was checking on hotels in NYC. I get a selection of hotel websites but they are all xxx.co.uk And often (but not always) when I look for some item I'll see the prices in pounds. Why could this have started and...
  9. Why does my computer think I am in another state?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does my computer think I am in another state?: We moved from California to Florida about 18 months ago. No matter what I do, my Dell 2in1 still thinks I am in California. Can anyone help me figure out why?...
  10. My computer thinks I'm holding down my enter key.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer thinks I'm holding down my enter key.: Whenever I try to type, my computer thinks I am holding my enter key down. I have unplugged they keyboard and swapped them and the problem still occurs, even after I restarted the computer....