Windows 10: My computer takes a long time to load up

Discus and support My computer takes a long time to load up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since the update for the stupid Microsoft Edge my computer now takes ages to load up when it used to be instant before. What happens now is that my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShauravRai, Jul 3, 2020.

1. My computer takes a long time to load up

Since the update for the stupid Microsoft Edge my computer now takes ages to load up when it used to be instant before.

What happens now is that my computer will stay on the start up screen for absolutely ages then turn off and I have to manualy turn it on again at which point it will turn on normally. But the next time I go to turn it on the same thing happens. I've reset my computer but same problem and I can't restore my computer to a previous version/update as it is past the time I can do it in. Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

:)

ShauravRai, Jul 3, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Time computer takes to boot up

Hi,

It is possible that it takes too long to boot up after the update because the Fast Startup is disabled. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to know what troubleshooting steps you've done so far.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to enable Fast Startup. This helps start your computer faster after shutdown:

• Open Control Panel and go to Power Options.
    • Click on the Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side.
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link at the top.
    • If prompted by UAC, then click on Yes.
    • Ensure that Turn on Fast Startup is checked.
    • Restart the computer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 3, 2020
  3. DanielYX Win User
    Long Loading Time for Lock Screen

Hello Pawan, thank you for the reply!

I've tried all of the steps that you've given me. Unfortunately, none of them made a difference except for the clean boot step. It didn't completely solve the problem, however I did notice a
    slightly faster load time for the lock screen. However, it still takes an unusually long time to load it. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

DanielYX, Jul 3, 2020
  4. My computer takes a long time to load up

windows explorer take long time to load

windows explorer take long time to load

PRATIK MARCHANDE, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

My computer takes a long time to load up

1. My computer takes a long time to load up - Similar Threads - computer takes long

2. Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time: Recently, my windows explorer is really slow whereby a green loading bar is visible for a long time. I tried multiple options such as: - a refresh via the task manager - rebuilding index - clear explorer history +launching folder windows in a separate process - uncheck "Allow...
  3. Windows 11 taking long time load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taking long time load: I have a windows 11 laptop with 16 RAM & 512 GB storage , yet having a good processor it takes 30 secs to load the OS . its not fast enough as it claimed by Dell. Even the restart also takes 30 secs to load the OS properly. I need technical help....
  4. Windows 11 taking long time load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 taking long time load: I have a windows 11 laptop with 16 RAM & 512 GB storage , yet having a good processor it takes 30 secs to load the OS . its not fast enough as it claimed by Dell. Even the restart also takes 30 secs to load the OS properly. I need technical help....
  5. Snippet tool takes a long time to load.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snippet tool takes a long time to load.: I've got a powerful machine, 32GB RAM, dedicated 8GB graphics card. My computer runs fine, except whenever I load the snippet tool it takes minutes to load. No other application does this. Photoshop loads almost instantly and is a much bigger app. I don't understand what's...
  6. User account takes a long time to load.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User account takes a long time to load.: I have a Lenovo desktop running windows 10. When starting the computer it only takes about thirty seconds to load to the log in screen. But after I enter my password it takes about twenty to thirty minutes to to load my user account. Yesterday it took only two minutes. The...
  7. On-screen keyboard takes long time to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    On-screen keyboard takes long time to load: My on-screen keyboard takes a good 5-10 seconds to load. I tried to restore Windows 10 back to factory defaults reset this PC yesterday but it seems to be doing it still. I was always working fine before a couple weeks ago where it instantly use to pop up after clicking on...
  8. Account takes a long time to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Account takes a long time to load: When I turned on my PC it takes only about ten seconds to start and show the log in screen, but after I typed my password, it takes about one to two minutes to load my account which it used to do in ten seconds few days back. However I installed some programs earlier, but...
  9. Browers Taking a long time to load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Browers Taking a long time to load: I am needing a little help with a Windows 10 Dell laptop. It's a couple of year old machine, with a fresh wipe and install of Windows 10. The computer got hacked, and we had to start fresh. Everything seems to be working fine, except for internet browsing. When you try to...
  10. My windows 10 takes a long time to load

in Windows 10 Customization
    My windows 10 takes a long time to load: My windows 10 takes a long time to load. I use BIT Defender Total Security and this problem is just a month old. I use windows 10 professional ... The Desktop has been set up only few months back... I suspect some bug has got in along with the windows update Please suggest...