Windows 10: My computer thinks I'm holding down my enter key.

Discus and support My computer thinks I'm holding down my enter key. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Whenever I try to type, my computer thinks I am holding my enter key down. I have unplugged they keyboard and swapped them and the problem still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ProRobloxgamerYT, Jun 25, 2019.

1. My computer thinks I'm holding down my enter key.

Whenever I try to type, my computer thinks I am holding my enter key down. I have unplugged they keyboard and swapped them and the problem still occurs, even after I restarted the computer.

:)

ProRobloxgamerYT, Jun 25, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Laptop will not boot at all, not even from DVD

Hi, this is read from an HP forum, not ASUS- I've no idea if it applies.. but you can try it!
    Here are the steps:

1. Turn off the computer.
    2. Hold down the windows key + b and power on the laptop without letting go.
    3. Here's the magic: while holding down windows key + b, then press F2.
    4. The laptop will enter BIOS recovery mode, and you should be all set from there.

dalchina, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    M-Audio M-Track 2x2 Not Recognized by my computer.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate the research and troubleshooting you have done, this issue could be from the software end or from the hardware itself.

Please try few of the troubleshooting below to further eliminate the root cause of the issue.

1. Try to connect the device with a different USB and check if that helps.
    2. Connect the M-track to different computer and check if you still face the issue there, if the issue persists, it could be caused by hardware.

Method 1:

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together, and type
      control printers.
    2. You will see list of all the devices and printers connected to your computer.
    3. Click on Add a device and follow the onscreen instruction and add your device.

Method 2:

1. Uninstall
      all the M-Track drivers
      from device manager.
    2. Reboot the computer and check.

Method 3:

I suggest you login to the manufacturer site,
    download the drivers for your registered device
    and
    install it.

If you still face the issue, I suggest you to get in touch with the
    manufacturer and get the hardware checked once.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jun 25, 2019
  4. My computer thinks I'm holding down my enter key.

Enter key not working on all selections in Start Menu

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Does Enter key works properly while using other apps/programs?

Kindly follow the below given methods and check if issue persist.

Method 1:

This issue may arise due to keyboard issue while pressing Enter key. I suggest you to run
    the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2:

This issue may also occur due to some system file corruption.
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      • Close the command prompt and restart the system and check if it works.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

My computer thinks I'm holding down my enter key.

1. My computer thinks I'm holding down my enter key. - Similar Threads - computer thinks I'm

2. Computer holding down keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer holding down keys: Using windows 11 and my laptop keeps randomly holding down the letter “J” and “CTRL” I don’t know how to fix it my software is up to date. I’m plugged in with a keyboard and for some reason the laptop keyboard doesn’t work but the touchpad does. It was working perfectly fine...
  3. Computer holding down keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer holding down keys: Using windows 11 and my laptop keeps randomly holding down the letter “J” and “CTRL” I don’t know how to fix it my software is up to date. I’m plugged in with a keyboard and for some reason the laptop keyboard doesn’t work but the touchpad does. It was working perfectly fine...
  4. Computer thinks I'm holding down both shift keys + both ctrl keys + both alt keys + the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer thinks I'm holding down both shift keys + both ctrl keys + both alt keys + the...: I didn't click anything to my knowledge. The computer was left alone for a bit and when I come back, it starts asking access to my hard drive each time I click on an app. Even after I restart my computer it persists! I only know what exactly is happening because of the...
  5. Computer thinks I'm holding down both shift keys + both ctrl keys + both alt keys + the...

Computer thinks I'm holding down both shift keys + both ctrl keys + both alt keys + the...: I didn't click anything to my knowledge. The computer was left alone for a bit and when I come back, it starts asking access to my hard drive each time I click on an app. Even after I restart my computer it persists! I only know what exactly is happening because of the...
  6. my PC is running keyboard shortcuts as if I'm holding down the Windows key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my PC is running keyboard shortcuts as if I'm holding down the Windows key: After booting up, my PC system performs regularly for a few moments, but then it soon begins to spiral. First, without pressing any keys, the notification hub and search bar open simultaneously. The notification bar will occasionally flicker as if I am spamming the shortcut,...
  7. my PC is running keyboard shortcuts as if I'm holding down the Windows key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my PC is running keyboard shortcuts as if I'm holding down the Windows key: After booting up, my PC system performs regularly for a few moments, but then it soon begins to spiral. First, without pressing any keys, the notification hub and search bar open simultaneously. The notification bar will occasionally flicker as if I am spamming the shortcut,...
  8. my PC is running keyboard shortcuts as if I'm holding down the Windows key

9. My computer thinks i’m holding down keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer thinks i’m holding down keys: Hi! I’ve only recently developed this problem, I cant type anything and if i press a key, 4 different unrelated keys will appear in a text box, I’ve uninstalled all keyboard drivers, tried 2 different keyboards, booted my PC in safe mode, and reset it and it persists. :...
  10. My computer acts like I'm holding down the down arrow key.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer acts like I'm holding down the down arrow key.: Ok, so just yesterday my computer started acting like I was holding the down the down arrow key. I naturally thought this was just a faulty keyboard problem, so I unplugged my keyboard, and it still did it. I tried turning sticky keys, it was already off. I don't no if I need...