Windows 10: My computer thinks I'm holding down my enter key.

Discus and support My computer thinks I'm holding down my enter key. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Whenever I try to type, my computer thinks I am holding my enter key down. I have unplugged they keyboard and swapped them and the problem still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ProRobloxgamerYT, Jun 25, 2019.

1. My computer thinks I'm holding down my enter key.

Whenever I try to type, my computer thinks I am holding my enter key down. I have unplugged they keyboard and swapped them and the problem still occurs, even after I restarted the computer.

:)

ProRobloxgamerYT, Jun 25, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Laptop will not boot at all, not even from DVD

Hi, this is read from an HP forum, not ASUS- I've no idea if it applies.. but you can try it!
    Here are the steps:

1. Turn off the computer.
    2. Hold down the windows key + b and power on the laptop without letting go.
    3. Here's the magic: while holding down windows key + b, then press F2.
    4. The laptop will enter BIOS recovery mode, and you should be all set from there.

dalchina, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    M-Audio M-Track 2x2 Not Recognized by my computer.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate the research and troubleshooting you have done, this issue could be from the software end or from the hardware itself.

Please try few of the troubleshooting below to further eliminate the root cause of the issue.

1. Try to connect the device with a different USB and check if that helps.
    2. Connect the M-track to different computer and check if you still face the issue there, if the issue persists, it could be caused by hardware.

Method 1:

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together, and type
      control printers.
    2. You will see list of all the devices and printers connected to your computer.
    3. Click on Add a device and follow the onscreen instruction and add your device.

Method 2:

1. Uninstall
      all the M-Track drivers
      from device manager.
    2. Reboot the computer and check.

Method 3:

I suggest you login to the manufacturer site,
    download the drivers for your registered device
    and
    install it.

If you still face the issue, I suggest you to get in touch with the
    manufacturer and get the hardware checked once.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jun 25, 2019
  4. My computer thinks I'm holding down my enter key.

Enter key not working on all selections in Start Menu

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Does Enter key works properly while using other apps/programs?

Kindly follow the below given methods and check if issue persist.

Method 1:

This issue may arise due to keyboard issue while pressing Enter key. I suggest you to run
    the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2:

This issue may also occur due to some system file corruption.
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      • Close the command prompt and restart the system and check if it works.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

My computer thinks I'm holding down my enter key.

1. My computer thinks I'm holding down my enter key. - Similar Threads - computer thinks I'm

2. Holding down keys and holding down backspace are way too slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Holding down keys and holding down backspace are way too slow.: Every time I change the speed back to fast, it reverts back to slow and I don't know why. It is quite frustrating. Can I get help with this?...
  3. Computer thinks shift key is pressed?

Computer thinks shift key is pressed?: Recently, while using my computer, it acts as though the shift key is pressed down. (Making my computer near impossible to use) The only way to get it to stop is to reset my computer, but it normally comes back within a few minutes/hours. All sites i have looked at have said...
  4. My keys randomly act like I am holding down the windows key

My keys randomly act like I am holding down the windows key: Every once in a while it acts like I'm holding down the windows key and so when I'm playing games and use W to move forward it tabs out and the only way I have been able to fix this is by fully shutting down and rebooting. I cannot recreate it so I can't call support. It...
  5. My computer acts like I'm holding down the down arrow key.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer acts like I'm holding down the down arrow key.: Ok, so just yesterday my computer started acting like I was holding the down the down arrow key. I naturally thought this was just a faulty keyboard problem, so I unplugged my keyboard, and it still did it. I tried turning sticky keys, it was already off. I don't no if I need...
  6. My backspace and enter key aren't working.

My backspace and enter key aren't working.: I turned off sticky keys and filter keys. I have reset my computer(Windows 10) and check my driver and nothing is working. It's only those keys and nothing working....
  7. COmPUTER thinks my "shift" Key IS HelD DOWN AT random.

in Windows 10 Customization
    COmPUTER thinks my "shift" Key IS HelD DOWN AT random.: SO THE MOST RECeNT UPDATE HAS MADe A PROBLem where mY shIft kEY I cannot TELL wHich ONe LEFT OR Right BUT IT is causIng me TO tyPe TexT lIKe tHIs. i am not EVen toUChING THe shift KEY WHiLe WRIting this. IT SEEMS TO OCcUR randomlY makinG it HARd to Type passWArds Having me...
  8. Mouse Cursor Freezes When Holding Down A Key!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Cursor Freezes When Holding Down A Key!: Hello, I just upgraded to Windows 10 after all that hype but it looks like I can't even play games or do any work on PS or AI. Whenever I hold down a key on the keyboard, the mouse cursor freezes and I can't move it unless I let go off the key. I have updated my drivers...
  9. How to hold down a key with cmd

in Windows 10 Support
    How to hold down a key with cmd: I play a game when i need to type a key every time i talk, the push to talk feature. How can i avoid this thing with CMD? Like when i type it hold it down until i push it another time or continues to type C for an infinite time? 41941
  10. Using enter key to wake computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Using enter key to wake computer: I've been having an issue with my laptop since I upgraded to Windows 10. Anytime that I lock my computer, I am unable to get to the unlock screen just by using the enter key. I used to be able to do this in Windows 8.1. Does anyone know if there's a way to enable this? 45712