Windows 10: MY COMPUTER THINKS ITS WINDOWS 7 32 BIT ,,,ITS NOT IT CAME WITH WIN 8 AND I UPDATED TO 10...

Discus and support MY COMPUTER THINKS ITS WINDOWS 7 32 BIT ,,,ITS NOT IT CAME WITH WIN 8 AND I UPDATED TO 10... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HELP??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cotspur, Jul 19, 2018.

1. cotspur Win User

MY COMPUTER THINKS ITS WINDOWS 7 32 BIT ,,,ITS NOT IT CAME WITH WIN 8 AND I UPDATED TO 10...

HELP??

:)

cotspur, Jul 19, 2018
  2. Somebody Win User

Will this work with going from Win 7 Pro 32-bit to Win 10 Pro 64-bit?

I wonder if there is any problem for going this route with installing Win 10/64-bit on a computer that had Win 7/32-bit (without ever installing Win 10/32-bit)?
    Basically I am thinking about the process described here: How to Switch From 32-bit Windows 10 to 64-bit Windows 10 while skipping the middle step, - by using Shawn's solution.

Somebody, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Installing 32-bit Free Win 10 upgrade On a 64-bit Win 7

I'm going through all Computers in my house putting the free upgrade on them. I came to one of my computers. It's running Windows 7 SP1 64-bit. I'm installing the Windows 10 and I get a error saying "Processor doesn't support PrefetchW"

Okay, after all the 64-bit requires a processor that supports it

• To install a 64-bit OS on a 64-bit PC, your processor needs to support CMPXCHG16b,
      PrefetchW, and LAHF/SAHF.
    So I'll do 32-bit Windows 10. However the setup will not run. It wan'ts me to do 64-bit.

I've looked in the registry and cannot find anyway to trick the computer into thinking it's a 32-bit.

I created a USB drive of Windows 10 32-bit from another computer, however, now it asks for a product key. It will not take my Windows 7 SP1 Key.

JosephKreifels II, Jul 19, 2018
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

MY COMPUTER THINKS ITS WINDOWS 7 32 BIT ,,,ITS NOT IT CAME WITH WIN 8 AND I UPDATED TO 10...

Will this work with going from Win 7 Pro 32-bit to Win 10 Pro 64-bit?

There should not be an issue doing that, as long as the computer supports 64-bit.

NavyLCDR, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

1. MY COMPUTER THINKS ITS WINDOWS 7 32 BIT ,,,ITS NOT IT CAME WITH WIN 8 AND I UPDATED TO 10... - Similar Threads - COMPUTER THINKS BIT

2. updating to windows 10 32-bit from windows 7 32-bit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    updating to windows 10 32-bit from windows 7 32-bit?: I currently have a old PC that I love using because of the amount of ports, it has a floppy disk, 2 dvd drives, and a blueray drive, The thing is it is running windows 7 and Windws XP, I want to keep using this PC for a few more years with windows until the offical end of...
  3. updating to windows 10 32-bit from windows 7 32-bit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    updating to windows 10 32-bit from windows 7 32-bit?: I currently have a old PC that I love using because of the amount of ports, it has a floppy disk, 2 dvd drives, and a blueray drive, The thing is it is running windows 7 and Windws XP, I want to keep using this PC for a few more years with windows until the offical end of...
  4. updating to windows 10 32-bit from windows 7 32-bit?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I cant update my surface pro 8 I think this its a virus blocking my computer from updating...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant update my surface pro 8 I think this its a virus blocking my computer from updating...: It keeps saying update failed error code:0x80080005 failed to download, ive missed a lot of updates and even my minecraft education does not work anymore with no network connection error code 2603I think its a virusThis is the trouble shoot report for failing window...
  6. I cant update my surface pro 8 I think this its a virus blocking my computer from updating...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant update my surface pro 8 I think this its a virus blocking my computer from updating...: It keeps saying update failed error code:0x80080005 failed to download, ive missed a lot of updates and even my minecraft education does not work anymore with no network connection error code 2603I think its a virusThis is the trouble shoot report for failing window...
  7. Computer thinks its offline

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer thinks its offline: My PC is convinced it’s offline. When I try and use any browser it says this page cannot be reached with the error message ERR_CONNECTION_ RESET or ERR_CONNECTION_ABORTED. Also, I have tried playing minecraft and I can’t login because it says “Sorry! Make sure you are online...
  8. I think its a virus

I think its a virus: So basically my pc just started putting up pop ups of if i wanted to let some apps make modifications to my pc and i canceled all those and as i was listening to my music it just started saying it could'nt play any of the songs and as they did so i went and checked in my...
  9. I think its fake

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I think its fake: Recieved an email that said Invoice for 399.99 for a year subscription. Email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** And if you don't want it to call within 48 hrs. to cancel Call 870 558 5544 will delete email and not call...
  10. My laptop thinks its storage is full but its not

My laptop thinks its storage is full but its not: Hi, I have an Acer Swift Laptop (Model Name: SF315-51G) I have been struggling with the storage management on it for sometime now and am constantly confused. My laptop has 2 storage locations and it tells me its full because the 'This PC (C:) 119- GB' is completely full...