Windows 10: My computer thinks my Bluetooth headphones are a phone

Discus and support My computer thinks my Bluetooth headphones are a phone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I tried to connect my headphones JVC HA-S40BT to my PC and for some reason it connects as if it were a mobile. It connected fine yesterday, but today... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by _idek, Dec 5, 2020.

1. _idek Win User

My computer thinks my Bluetooth headphones are a phone

I tried to connect my headphones JVC HA-S40BT to my PC and for some reason it connects as if it were a mobile. It connected fine yesterday, but today the icon for the device has decided switch to an image of a phone and it just says Connected, instead of Connected, Media. Normally when it connects, my headphones beep to confirm the connection, but his time it just remains silent and turns off after a while.

I feel like I've done everything: restarted the computer a bunch, reinstalled all my Bluetooth drivers, updated the system, unpaired the devices, factory reset the headphones, everything excluding resetting the PC, which I really don't want to do for something this small.

My headphones connect fine to every other device I have, and my PC connects to other headphones correctly, it's just the connection between this PC and these headphones that it doesn't like. Is there something I've missed?

:)

_idek, Dec 5, 2020
  2. caperjack Win User

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Dec 5, 2020
  3. Winuser Win User
    Wireless Headphones & Bluetooth

If your computer has Bluetooth it is very easy to setup your headphones. Just turn them on and go into the Bluetooth settings. Then look for your headphone in the list of devices. If they are listed you just need to pair them to the computer.

Winuser, Dec 5, 2020
  4. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

1. My computer thinks my Bluetooth headphones are a phone - Similar Threads - computer thinks Bluetooth

2. My phone and Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My phone and Bluetooth: Hi, I am trying to pair my mobile phone with my Windows 10 laptop. The phone cannot seem to detect any nearby devices, such as my laptop. I have checked the Device Manager of my laptop and indeed the Bluetooth is there If I go to Configuration of my laptop Devices Bluetooth...
  3. My phone and Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My phone and Bluetooth: Hi, I am trying to pair my mobile phone with my Windows 10 laptop. The phone cannot seem to detect any nearby devices, such as my laptop. I have checked the Device Manager of my laptop and indeed the Bluetooth is there If I go to Configuration of my laptop Devices Bluetooth...
  4. My phone and Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Surface thinks my microphone is headphones

Surface thinks my microphone is headphones: Ok I recently got a clip on wired microphone and plugged it into my surface, but it didn't work. So I checked device manager, and it thinks it's headphones. What should I do? I don't think surface has Realtek Device Manager, but it has Realtek High Definition AudioSST...
  6. No way to connect my bluetooth headphones to my computer

No way to connect my bluetooth headphones to my computer: Hi - my bluetooth is on - and my computer is recognizing the headphones I'm trying to connect, BUT - there is no CONNECT option. So I am seeing my bluetooth headphones but cannot "connect' them. HELP ! [ATTACH]...
  7. Bluetooth headphones appear as a phone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth headphones appear as a phone: I had used my Soundcore Life Q20 headphones on my HP computer with no issue for months until recently. When I pair the device it shows as it is a phone not headphones. I have tried forgetting the device and restarting the headphones. If anyone has a solution please share....
  8. Laptop thinks my headphones are my speakers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop thinks my headphones are my speakers: Okay so i have a gaming headset that uses my usb port, i got it awhile ago but for some reason when i plugged it in a few days ago it made my laptop think that my default and only speakers. my laptop speakers dont work, neither do any headphones i plug in. i have restarted,...
  9. My computer thinks the speakers and the headphones are the same thing.

My computer thinks the speakers and the headphones are the same thing.: Windows 10 home, 64-bit. Starting yesterday the sound on my desktop has been acting wierd. I always have my desktop with the speakers plugged in at the jack at the back and my headphones out the front. I can easily switch between the two by going to my sound options at the...
  10. Windows thinks my microphone is a headphone

Windows thinks my microphone is a headphone: I was plugging my microphone in a 3.5 mm microphone and headphone jack. But windows thinks its a headphone , now i cant use my microphone.Please help me.[ATTACH]...