Windows 10: My computer turns off after entering my security pin to login

Discus and support My computer turns off after entering my security pin to login in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever I'm entering my pin number to login to my laptop it keep turning off my laptop as soon as I enter my pin. Can anyone help me with this issue?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kasun_Hewage, Jan 25, 2022.

1. My computer turns off after entering my security pin to login

Whenever I'm entering my pin number to login to my laptop it keep turning off my laptop as soon as I enter my pin. Can anyone help me with this issue?

:)

Kasun_Hewage, Jan 25, 2022

2. Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 25, 2022
  3. SeabeeEO Win User
    Entering Password to login to computer after turning it on. Windows 10.

Hi Arun,

I dont think you understood what is happening with the login.

I'll try to explain the problem .

First of all, there is no pin password to remove, so the steps you suggested do not work.

When I first turn on the computer & the computer boots up, my login screen appears as it should.

Then I begin to enter my password.

It will not allow me to type in more than 4 digits of my password.

Example: Password is 9 digits , it will only allow you to enter 4 of them.

So, of course the computer cant recognize my password because it isnt fully entered.

What I have to do then is restart the computer, it reboots again, login screen appears, & Im able to enter all the digits of my password, instead of only 4.

Im sure this is the same issue other folks are having also in regards to logging in to their computer after startup.

Why restarting the computer again corrects the login problem is a mystery ,but it does work.

Its just a hassle that I shouldnt have to go through just to enter my password .

If this is what I will have to do all the time with Windows 10, I will just go back to Windows 7 Pro.

It actually works as it should.

SeabeeEO, Jan 25, 2022
  4. My computer turns off after entering my security pin to login

OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 25, 2022
Thema:

My computer turns off after entering my security pin to login

1. My computer turns off after entering my security pin to login - Similar Threads - computer turns off

2. Why is my computer turning off after boot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer turning off after boot?: So, yesterday at night I went on my laptop, and it booted up and then after a split second showing the login screen it turned off and made a short static sound, I reset it and this still happens, safe mode works fine, but I can't boot without safe mode and I have to hit my...
  3. Why is my computer turning off after boot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my computer turning off after boot?: So, yesterday at night I went on my laptop, and it booted up and then after a split second showing the login screen it turned off and made a short static sound, I reset it and this still happens, safe mode works fine, but I can't boot without safe mode and I have to hit my...
  4. PC turns off after entering windows pin and now won’t turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns off after entering windows pin and now won’t turn on: Just updated to windows 11 and My PC turned itself off after entering my windows pin. Originally I thought maybe the surge protected it was plugged into went bad and changed the outlet it was plugged into and it seem to be fine. But then I moved my PC to the room I normally...
  5. PC turns off after entering windows pin and now won’t turn on

PC turns off after entering windows pin and now won’t turn on: Just updated to windows 11 and My PC turned itself off after entering my windows pin. Originally I thought maybe the surge protected it was plugged into went bad and changed the outlet it was plugged into and it seem to be fine. But then I moved my PC to the room I normally...
  6. My computer turns off after entering my security pin to login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer turns off after entering my security pin to login: Whenever I'm entering my pin number to login to my laptop it keep turning off my laptop as soon as I enter my pin. Can anyone help me with this issue?...
  7. My computer turns off after entering my security pin to login

My computer turns off after entering my security pin to login: Whenever I'm entering my pin number to login to my laptop it keep turning off my laptop as soon as I enter my pin. Can anyone help me with this issue?...
  8. Turn off PIN Login

Turn off PIN Login: I just rec'd my laptop that was supposed to have Win 10, but had Win 11 instead. I want to turn off PIN login, but the button to remove is grayed out. Contacted HP tech support & was told it was a software issue & I needed to contact SmartFriend. I purposely chose a laptop...
  9. Turn off PIN Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off PIN Login: I just rec'd my laptop that was supposed to have Win 10, but had Win 11 instead. I want to turn off PIN login, but the button to remove is grayed out. Contacted HP tech support & was told it was a software issue & I needed to contact SmartFriend. I purposely chose a laptop...
  10. Turning off PIN login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning off PIN login: I just rec'd my laptop that was supposed to have Win 10, but had Win 11 instead. I want to turn off PIN login, but the button to remove is grayed out. Contacted HP tech support & was told it was a software issue & I needed to contact SmartFriend. I purposely chose a laptop...